The 2022 Nitro Skylab TLS is an absolute game changer in the world of snowboard boots as it is the perfect hybrid all-day, all-mountain boot and splitboard friendly boot. This completely versatile boot can be the workhorse you need it to be everyday on the mountain, no matter what you are looking to ride, but also engineered with all the necessities needed in a high functioning splitboard boot. With a Vibram outsole, molded spine protector and Hike 'N Ride construction, you get all the tech features needed when you are hiking up the hill while still having more than enough response and comfort underfoot when riding down. Designed to be the perfect boot for anyone looking to break into the world of splitboarding while still having a lightweight, all-mountain boot that can be used in any condition, the Skylab truely offers riders with one of the most versatile constructions imaginable.
Boot Type: Backcountry / All-Mountain
Boot Flex (1 = Soft / 10 = Stiff): 7/10
Lacing System: TLS 5 Twin Lacing System
The Nitro TLS 5 Twin Lacing System is one of the best speed lace systems on the market, with easy lace engagement and release, along with low abrasion Dyneema laces for long-lasting, reliable performance. TLS 5 features two independent upper and lower lacing zones, so you can lock in your ideal fit in a flash, adjust your lacing without needing to step out of your bindings, and bail out of your boots in record time at the end of the day.
Liner: Cloud 8 Liner
The newly upgraded Cloud 8 Liner was designed specifically for mountain exploration due to its comfortable, lightweight fit from a pre-molded Thermalight material that is slightly stiffer and more responsive than traditional EVA. The Re/Lace Liner Locker ensures a snug fit with no unwanted pressure points along your foot and latex memory pads give that rock-solid ankle retention you would expect in a liner of this quality. With a Dual Density Ortholite footbed you can guarantee endless comfort and foot support in all your hiking and riding endeavors.
ILS Liner Lacing
The Nitro ILS Liner Lacing system features a lacing harness directly connected to the boot shell that snugly wraps around the liner, firmly securing it in the shell for strong hold and a precise fit.
Re/Lace Liner Locker
The Re/Lace Liner Locker revolutionizes how a liner lace functions. During a day of snowboarding, your boots are going to loosen. Your foot settles, your boot expands, it happens. With the Re/Lace Liner Locker, once the laces are locked in at the start of the day all you need to do is pull the liner lace tab to retighten your liner, without ever needing to undo your boots.
The Therminator Shield is a thin thermal layer between sole and liner that reflects heat back into your boot, keeping your feet warm all day.
Cushioning / Traction: Vibram Ecostep Outsole made of Vibram Ecostep Compound with EVA Midsole
An incredibly grippy design for increased traction with an eco-friendly approach that is made of 50% recycled rubber, the Vibram Ecostep Outsole is a high-quality compound that offers grip and traction while preserving the environment through waste reduction. This outsole is combined with an EVA midsole, which reduces weight, increases impact absorption, and aids in heat retention.
This boot features a flexible panel at the ankle for consistent flex without buckling and more response without adding bulk.
New Internal Ankle Support
This brand new internal ankle support system puts an anatomically molded plate over the top of your ankle, evenly distributing lace pressure and giving you a more precise fit.
Hike 'N' Ride Construction with Adjustable Forward Lean
A specifically designed shell construction that is made for making a more beneficial transition between hike and ride mode for splitboarding. The hike mode offers a softer flex and the ride is more responsive and rigid.
We are confident in our products and our sales staff to make sure that you get the best help and gear that are most suitable for your adventures.
We are a local, independently owned store and do not offer ‘change of mind’ refunds (this includes incorrect sizing) however we're happy to offer you a store credit subject to the following conditions:
- Returned within 30 days from the date of purchase (or date of delivery for online orders).
- Proof of purchase included
- The item/s must be sent back in the condition you received it and with the original box and/or packaging in resalable condition, including manufacturer tags where applicable. It is the customers responsibility to ensure all returned items are delivered to Melbourne Snowboard Centre in their original condition.
- We cannot offer returns on any Facemasks, Neckwarmers, Thermals, Socks or Chains due to hygiene and the nature of their use.
Store credits, lasting up to 3 years, will be issued for the amount paid at time of purchase for the particular item being returned. They are issued via email in which you'll receive a 13 digit code that you can use at checkout online or in store.
Should you not want a credit or exchange, in extenuating circumstances Melbourne Snowboard Centre may issue a refund minus a 20% restocking fee.
HOW TO RETURN
Making a return is easy. Please follow the steps below to make the process quick and easy for everyone.
- Fill out & print the following form RETURN FORM. If you are unable to print the return form, a handwritten note with all requested information will suffice.
- Take the time to carefully package your returns. It is the responsibility of the customer to pay costs related to the repair of returned items damaged in shipping due to improper packaging.
- If returning a product in its box, please wrap the box to protect it prior to taping and avoid attaching shipping labels directly to the box. Failure to do so may incur a fee or a reduced value in your store credit.
- Send parcel to the address labelled on the return form (Attach return form, once filled out, to the outside of parcel)
- Once we receive the item via post we will process the store credit to your email. With the store credit, you can repurchase the correct size/item or alternative product of your choosing.
- Exchange requests are not held. If your exchange request is not available our team will issue you with a store credit.
- Customers are responsible for all return postage costs.
- We'll endeavour to have your store credit processed and emailed to you, within 24 hours of receiving your product back in store
- If you have received an incorrect or faulty product please contact us so we can rectify the issue asap.
- Store credits can not be returned and are not redeemable for cash
- Parcels lost in transit to Melbourne Snowboard Centre are the responsibility of the customer, please keep note of your parcels tracking number
An example of how your boxed return should be packed:
An example of how your boxed return should NOT be packed:
If you have received a faulty product or you feel the product you have been using is eligible for a warranty evaluation by the manufacturer due to defect in its materials or workmanship, contact us and we can walk you through the appropriate steps to lodge a warranty claim. Please include photos of the item and issue so we can expedite the process. Find out more on our warranty page.