Let's face it, we all ride hard and the toys we play on are bound to take some abuse. Nearly all manufacturers understand this and provide a warranty against defects and workmanship. Each new product sold by Melbourne Snowboard Centre is covered by the individual manufacturer's warranty. Please check the manufacturer's website for information regarding their specific warranty policy. The manufacturer will make all warranty decisions. All return shipping costs are the responsibility of the buyer. As an Australian Snowboard Retailer we can only warranty products purchased from our store and website. Please have proof of purchase at Melbourne Snowboard Centre available when dealing with any warranties.
Steps for Processing Warranties
Step 1. Determine whether the damage should be covered by warranty.
Here are a few things that are NOT covered by warranty:
- Normal wear resulting from standard usage that occurs over time. (chipped topsheet, sun faded topsheet, etc)
- Damage resulting from contact with objects. (Rails, boxes, stumps, rocks, little kids, skiers, etc.)
- Damage to product resulting from improper care or unnecessary roughness. (jamming tip/tail into snow, product flying off of roof racks, etc)
- Parts, hardware, accessories that were lost or have gone missing AFTER receiving your shipment.
- Boot damage caused by contact with a snowboards metal edges (commonly caused by contact with the edge when pushing or resting the board on the boot when on a chairlift).
- Damage due to improper storage (storing items when wet, storing items in direct sunlight etc.)
Step 2. Email us about your warranty and include CLEAR and detailed pictures explaining the problem. Blurry pictures will not be accepted.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to give us a call. We want to see you back out on your product as much as you want to use it and try to get you a response within 48 hours of receiving the product.
Step 3. We will contact you with further instruction.
The next step varies by manufacturer and we will provide you with all the details for the next step. If your warranty claim is accepted you will have to ship your product back to us so that we can confirm the warranty with the manufacturer. Return shipping on warranty claims is the responsibility of the buyer. The manufacturer or Melbourne Snowboard Centre will cover the shipping charge to return the item to you for all items replaced or repaired under warranty.
Let us know if you are in a rush and would like to pay extra for express shipping on your warranty return.