The 2023 Capita Ultrafear stands year after year as one of the worlds greatest jib and park boars and three Transworld Good Wood Awards can back up this statement whole heartedly. Built with one of the most popular hybrid camber profiles on the market, the Ultrafear can do it all and you get the pop and response of a cambered board with the predictability of flat and reverse camber shapes. The Ultrafear has always been a masterpiece in the park and the board of choice for pros, park rats, and creative riders, but now it's ready to let loose and apply its years of freestyle experience to the entire mountain.
*Board graphics are size dependent and cannot be swapped between sizes.
Board Type: Resort and Park
Camber Type: Resort V1 Profile (Melbourne Snowboard Centre's most popular camber profile)
Positive Camber through the middle of the board with a small section of Flat from after the inserts to the contact points, and small rocker sections in the tip and tail for a catch free ride. This board rides with the pop and great carving skills of a camber board, but you won't dig your nose and tail contact points in quite as hard which means less unexpected bails after landing your tricks.
Flex: 5.5/10 (Mid)
This board features a mid flex, designed to press, jib, jump, and play all over the mountain.
Shape: True Twin
Constructed the same from nose to tail, this board will ride switch and regular equally well for controlled jumps, landings, turns, and spins.
A Radial sidecut is a single radius design that allows your board to start and finish a turn on the same arc.
Core: Dual Blaster V2 Core
The Dual Blaster V2 Core features internal Poplar strips fused with a more dense and powerful lightweight Paulownia wood through the insert area and along the rails. This provides a solid, predictable feel underfoot with an energetic and consistent ride.
Carbon Kevlar Body Armour - Carbon Kevlar applied to the shoulders of the Ultrafear makes them incredibly tough and impact resistant, and it's thermally stable so it maintains its strength even at sub zero temperatures. Carbon Fibre boosters through the centreline of the board magnifies it's high-tensile strength and low weight. This provides a finely balanced combination of vibration and dampening and snappy pop.
Cork Edge Dampening System - 1.5mm full cork dampening from contact point to contact point in both edges increase protection from blunt force impacts without adding the weight of rubber dampening.
HolySheet Fibreglass + Magic Bean Resin - HolySheet glass has a higher glass to weight ratio than normal fibreglass, giving you more stiffness with lower weight than a traditional layup. This is impregnated with a high performance, environmentally responsible, plant based resin that provides a powerful and dynamic ride that's better for the planet.
Base: Superdrive FX Base
This hybrid 'sintruded' base is precision forged for high abrasion resistance and super smooth glide. The Superdrive FX Base is made of a new formula that yields clearer, more vibrant graphics.
- Multitech Level 4 DeepSpace Silkscreen + PAM 16000 Topsheet w/ Metallic Underlay
- Multitech Sublimation + PAM 16000 Base
- PLT Topsheet Technology
- 360 Degree HRC48 Steel Edges with Offset Seam
- Full ABS1000 Sidewalls
- Stainless Steel 4x2 Inserts
|Length (cm)||Effective Edge (mm)||Waist (mm)||Nose / Tail (cm)||Sidecut (m)||Max Stance (cm)||Weight Range (kg)|
|147||1129||248||28.9||7.60||58.4||40 - 68|
|149||1147||250||29.2||7.65||60.9||40 - 68|
|151||1166||252||29.5||7.70||60.9||45 - 68|
|153||1182||254||29.7||7.80||60.9||50 - 77|
|157||1213||256||30.1||8.10||67.5||63 - 90|
|153 Wide||1182||259||30.2||7.86||60.9||54 - 77|
|155 Wide||1198||260||30.4||7.96||63.5||59 - 86|
- Not sure which size to get? Check out our snowboard size chart here.
- Not sure if you need a wide board or not? Find out here.
- Want to find out about snowboard cambers and shapes? Click here.
- Want to find out about different types of snowboard edges (magne-traction)? Click here.
- Want to find out about the difference in snowboard bases? Click here.
- Want to find out about snowboard construction? Click here.
We are confident in our products and our sales staff to make sure that you get the best help and gear that are most suitable for your adventures.
We are a local, independently owned store and do not offer ‘change of mind’ refunds (this includes incorrect sizing), however we're happy to offer you a store credit subject to the following conditions:
- Returned within 30 days from the date of purchase (or date of delivery for online orders).
- Proof of purchase included
- The item/s must be sent back in the condition you received it and with the original box and/or packaging in resalable condition, including manufacturer tags where applicable. It is the customers responsibility to ensure all returned items are delivered to Melbourne Snowboard Centre in their original condition.
- We cannot offer returns on any Facemasks, Neckwarmers, Socks or Chains due to hygiene and the nature of their use.
Store credits, lasting up to 3 years, will be issued for the amount paid at time of purchase for the particular item being returned. They are issued via email in which you'll receive a 13 digit code that you can use at checkout online or in store.
Unfortunately stock levels vary and we are not able to stock all products in all sizes, which may result in your desired exchange product or size not being available. In the event that your desired exchange product is not in stock, a store credit will be issued.
Should you not want a credit or exchange, in extenuating circumstances Melbourne Snowboard Centre may issue a refund minus a 20% restocking fee.