The 2022 Bataleon Thunder is coming off a big few years as a high end board in the Bataleon range. Perfect for any aggressive rider who loves everything between resort shredding at top speeds to maximum control at high incline descents. With plenty of carbon throughout and a beveled topsheet near the waist, anyone who is a speed freak that demands control will love this board. Boasting directional Freeride 3BT shape and Dynamic Camber, the Thunder is an aggressive, directional, mid flexing ride that is designed to destroy deep powder, carve apart groomers, and ride hard and fast all over the mountain.
*Base colours are random
Rider Level: Intermediate
Board Type: All Mountain Freeride / Powder
Camber Type: Dynamic Camber
All 3BT boards have a positive camber profile but vary in the degree of camber and uplift across the width of the board. The Storm has a Dynamic Camber profile for powerful edge hold, strong pop, and predictable response.
Flex: 6/10 (1 = soft, 10 = stiff)
A mid flex for stability at speed, responsive turns, and powerful pop.
This board is designed to ride forwards for effortless float, high speed stability, and top end performance.
Freeride 3BT has a narrow centrebase with more uplift in the nose than in the tail along with a tapered shape, sidecut, and setback stance for maximum float, control, and edge to edge response.
Sidekick dramatically increases the amount of uplift just outside the widest points of the nose and tail. This makes turn initiation smoother, enhances float, and improves handling in rough terrain.
Core: Light Core
The Light Core features a 50-50 blend of Poplar and Paulownia woods for optimal strength to weight properties.
D.S.T - The Dual Super Tube upgrade puts two hollow carbon rods in the bottom of the core, enhancing pop and putting more snap into the camber.
Carbon Stringers - This board has two carbon stringers placed in both the nose and tail. The nose stringers run from the front insert to just behind the contact points and the tail stringers run from the insert to the tail. This gives you more pop and power in your tail for backseat steering and more torsional stiffness in your nose for powering through powder and carves.
Triax Laminate - A 3-way fibreglass weave that strengthens the flex pattern and keeps the board light, strong, and responsive.
Backseat Inserts - Two additional inserts on the tail end of each foot allows you to mount your bindings further back for those deep powder days.
Base: Hyper Glide S
The Hyper Glide S base is the standard sintered base from Bataleon. Tough and fast, and even faster when you keep it waxed.
Flip Flop - Die-cut bases are like a jigsaw. Flip Flop minimises waste by using two or more colour options for each piece. That means more unique graphics and less environmental harm.
Mounting Pattern: 2x4 Inserts + Backseat Inserts
|Length||Contact Length (cm)||Effective Edge (cm)||Waist Width (mm)||Nose / Tail Width (mm)||Sidecut (m)||Min - Max Stance (cm)||Weight Range (kg)|
|152cm||114.6||117.5||248||290||7.98||50 - 58||68 - 82|
|156cm||117.3||120.3||252||293||8.10||52 - 60||75 - 93|
|158cm||119.1||122.1||254||296||8.16||52 - 60||82 - 100|
|161cm||121.36||124.5||258||302||8.25||53 - 61||90 - 110+|
|159cm Wide||120.0||123.0||265||307||8.19||53 - 61||82 - 100+|
- Not sure which size to get? Check out our snowboard size chart here.
- Not sure if you need a wide board or not? Find out here.
- Want to find out about snowboard cambers and shapes? Click here.
- Want to find out about different types of snowboard edges (magne-traction)? Click here.
- Want to find out about the difference in snowboard bases? Click here.
- Want to find out about snowboard construction? Click here.
We are confident in our products and our sales staff to make sure that you get the best help and gear that are most suitable for your adventures.
We are a local, independently owned store and do not offer ‘change of mind’ refunds (this includes incorrect sizing) however we're happy to offer you a store credit subject to the following conditions:
- Returned within 30 days from the date of purchase (or date of delivery for online orders).
- Proof of purchase included
- The item/s must be sent back in the condition you received it and with the original box and/or packaging in resalable condition, including manufacturer tags where applicable. It is the customers responsibility to ensure all returned items are delivered to Melbourne Snowboard Centre in their original condition.
- We cannot offer returns on any Facemasks, Neckwarmers, Thermals, Socks or Chains due to hygiene and the nature of their use.
Store credits, lasting up to 3 years, will be issued for the amount paid at time of purchase for the particular item being returned. They are issued via email in which you'll receive a 13 digit code that you can use at checkout online or in store.
Should you not want a credit or exchange, in extenuating circumstances Melbourne Snowboard Centre may issue a refund minus a 20% restocking fee.
Making a return is easy. Please follow the steps below to make the process quick and easy for everyone.
- Fill out & print the following form RETURN FORM. If you are unable to print the return form, a handwritten note with all requested information will suffice.
- Take the time to carefully package your returns. It is the responsibility of the customer to pay costs related to the repair of returned items damaged in shipping due to improper packaging.
- If returning a product in its box, please wrap the box to protect it prior to taping and avoid attaching shipping labels directly to the box. Failure to do so may incur a fee or a reduced value in your store credit.
- Send parcel to the address labelled on the return form (Attach return form, once filled out, to the outside of parcel)
- Once we receive the item via post we will process the store credit to your email. With the store credit, you can repurchase the correct size/item or alternative product of your choosing.
- Customers are responsible for all return postage costs.
- We'll endeavour to have your store credit processed and emailed to you, within 24 hours of receiving your product back in store
- If you have received an incorrect or faulty product please contact us so we can rectify the issue asap.
An example of how your boxed return should be packed:
An example of how your boxed return should NOT be packed:
If you have received a faulty product or you feel the product you have been using is eligible for a warranty evaluation by the manufacturer due to defect in its materials or workmanship, contact us and we can walk you through the appropriate steps to lodge a warranty claim. Please include photos of the item and issue so we can expedite the process. Find out more on our warranty page.