The 2023 Never Summer Proto Ultra has been created for Never Summer team rider and world champion snowboarder Chris Corning, the guy you've probably seen in the Olympics or X Games, stomping tech rail tricks as well as massive quad-corks. The Ultra came out of a need for a board that could handle and encourage the kind of aggressive and powerful riding that propels Chris to the top of podiums, and it sure has delivered. Featuring a stiff flex, a wider waist width for added stability, and loads of carbon that won't buckle under pressure, the Proto Ultra performs amazingly well in high-intensity freestyle situations, but also provides drag-free carves and rock solid stability at speed for powerful freeriding. Wherever you ride, the Proto Ultra delivers a powerful and ultra-high performing ride that will pop, slide, stomp and carve with the best of the best.
*Base colours may vary
This board is scheduled for delivery to Melbourne Snowboard Centre May 2022. This is an estimated delivery window and is subject to change. You will be notified via email once your board is ready to be collected in store, or once it has been shipped (if being shipped).
Board Type: All Mountain / Park
Camber: Shock Wave Rocker Camber
Shock Wave Rocker Camber features extended camber zones underfoot towards the tip and tail for explosive pop and solid stability, with smaller rocker areas that retain quick turn initiation and enhance floatation.
Flex: 8/10 (1=soft, 10=stiff)
A stiff flex for powerful riding and strong stability.
Ride regular or switch and you're in for a good time. If you were to fold this board in half, you would find perfect symmetry from tip to tail. Jib, spin and stomp with confidence and unmatched balance.
Core: NS Wooboo Core
A precise combination of the highest quality woods and bamboo that bring out the ultra-performance within each material.
Lightweight and super strong, this fibreglass delivers incredible freestyle and freeride performance without sacrificing durability.
STS Pre-tensioned Fibreglass
Pre-hardened, pre-tensioned laminate that has elastomer stringers - which means that the board has top notch strength, edge hold and performance.
RDS 2 Damping
This lightweight damping system utilises three narrow layers that provide an ideal combination of vibration absorption and stability. This system bridges the gap between freestyle and freeride damping.
Elastomeric Underfoot Stabilisers
These stabilisers are placed directly below the mounting area to provide optimum vibration absorption and increase high speed stability while reducing foot fatigue.
Base: Durasurf XT Sintered 5501
Developed exclusively for Never Summers higher end boards, this base is super fast, super durable, and has added carbon to make it the fastest base in the range.
Mounting Pattern: 2x4 Inserts
Co-Extruded Polymer Topsheet - A tough topsheet that's durable, lightweight, and scratch and chip resistant.
Vario Power Grip Sidecut - The Vario Power Grip sidecut utilizes multiple edge contact points, allowing the board to track straight and not catch while still providing maximum edge hold.
Sintered P-Tex Sidewalls - Unlike conventional ABS sidewalls, sintered P-Tex sidewalls maintain their integrity in colder temperatures and won't crack.
Low Profile Nose and Tail - A lower profile in the tips and tail maximises snow contact for more powerful ollies and nollies and added landing stability. This also reduces the plowing effect in the nose, making you glide smoother and faster and float better in powder.
Perforated Rocker Pad - Thin pads are placed in the middle of the board, which absorb vibration between your feet and keep a solid feel in the rocker section of the board.
Extended Transition Area - This board has extended flat sections at the contact points which improves turn initiation and powder floatation.
Waist Width (mm)
Effective Edge (cm)
Nose/Tail Width (cm)
|Recommended Rider Weight (kg)|
|154||260||118||Vario 731||30.8||0||65 - 85|
|157||262||121||Vario 761||30.9||0||70 - 90|
|160||264||123||Vario 782||31.1||0||75 - 95+|
We are confident in our products and our sales staff to make sure that you get the best help and gear that are most suitable for your adventures.
We are a local, independently owned store and do not offer ‘change of mind’ refunds (this includes incorrect sizing) however we're happy to offer you a store credit subject to the following conditions:
- Returned within 30 days from the date of purchase (or date of delivery for online orders).
- Proof of purchase included
- The item/s must be sent back in the condition you received it and with the original box and/or packaging in resalable condition, including manufacturer tags where applicable. It is the customers responsibility to ensure all returned items are delivered to Melbourne Snowboard Centre in their original condition.
- We cannot offer returns on any Facemasks, Neckwarmers, Thermals, Socks or Chains due to hygiene and the nature of their use.
Store credits, lasting up to 3 years, will be issued for the amount paid at time of purchase for the particular item being returned. They are issued via email in which you'll receive a 13 digit code that you can use at checkout online or in store.
Should you not want a credit or exchange, in extenuating circumstances Melbourne Snowboard Centre may issue a refund minus a 20% restocking fee.
HOW TO RETURN
Making a return is easy. Please follow the steps below to make the process quick and easy for everyone.
- Fill out & print the following form RETURN FORM. If you are unable to print the return form, a handwritten note with all requested information will suffice.
- Take the time to carefully package your returns. It is the responsibility of the customer to pay costs related to the repair of returned items damaged in shipping due to improper packaging.
- If returning a product in its box, please wrap the box to protect it prior to taping and avoid attaching shipping labels directly to the box. Failure to do so may incur a fee or a reduced value in your store credit.
- Send parcel to the address labelled on the return form (Attach return form, once filled out, to the outside of parcel)
- Once we receive the item via post we will process the store credit to your email. With the store credit, you can repurchase the correct size/item or alternative product of your choosing.
- Exchange requests are not held. If your exchange request is not available our team will issue you with a store credit.
- Customers are responsible for all return postage costs.
- We'll endeavour to have your store credit processed and emailed to you, within 24 hours of receiving your product back in store
- If you have received an incorrect or faulty product please contact us so we can rectify the issue asap.
- Store credits can not be returned and are not redeemable for cash
- Parcels lost in transit to Melbourne Snowboard Centre are the responsibility of the customer, please keep note of your parcels tracking number
An example of how your boxed return should be packed:
An example of how your boxed return should NOT be packed:
If you have received a faulty product or you feel the product you have been using is eligible for a warranty evaluation by the manufacturer due to defect in its materials or workmanship, contact us and we can walk you through the appropriate steps to lodge a warranty claim. Please include photos of the item and issue so we can expedite the process. Find out more on our warranty page.