The 2023 Lib-Tech Orca Split takes everyones favorite powder board and turned it into a true adventure machine that is just begging to be taken out on any adventure possible. Boasting a fast sintered base, 3-D integrated tip inserts and Karakoram clips, this volume shifted split board should be ridden 3cm smaller than your normal board sizing.
The 2023 Orca makes all other boards run scared. The all terrain apex predator, the Orca is part of the Travis Rice quiver and could easily be an entire quiver for an all terrain freeride focused rider. The long floaty nose and directional shape make the Orca float in powder, while the shorter size keeps it nimble, allowing you to hunt down and destroy any stash or lip in sight. The deep sidecut gouges the snow and lets you lay down some serious carving turns, while the wider waist width keeps your toes and heels up off the snow so you can really get right over those edges without ever worrying about drag. Take it to Alaska for some crazy pillow lines, Japan for some deep powder, or just carve up the resort here in Australia, either way it'll be a killer time.
Travis and Mervin MFG. will be donating a portion of the sale of each Orca snowboard to the Orca Conservancy in support of their efforts to prevent the extinction of the Salish Sea's Southern Resident Killer Whales.
Rider Level: Intermediate - Advanced
Board Type: All Mountain Freeride
Camber Type: C2x
Shortened rocker between your feet with lengthened camber to the tip and tail gives you power and pop on groomers and in the park along with float and freedom to charge through powder. More loaded pressure in the tip and tail than regular C2 for a more aggressive and stable ride.
Flex: 7/10 (1=soft, 10=stiff)
This board has a naturally wide waist width, a long floaty nose, and a powerful tapered tail that gives it amazing float in powder while still being versatile enough to ride every day.
Core: SC - Split Construction
Lighter, environmentally nicer, smoother. Combines 5% Aspen and 95% Paulownia woods with Triax, Biax, and Basalt alloy glass for a super smooth and damp ride with lighter weight.
Base: Sintered Knife Cut
Fast and rugged with maximum wax retention.
Mounting Pattern: 2x4 inserts
Magnetraction - 7 strategically placed serrations along the edges of the board grip onto the snow and hold a strong edge in any condition.
Eco Sublimated Bio Beans Topsheet - A bio-plastic made from beans. Good for your board, and good for the environment.
Lightweight Spin Slim Tip and Tail - Reduced thickness in the tip and tail reduce swing weight, giving you quicker spins and a lighter board.
- Birch Internal Sidewalls
- UHMW Sintered Sidewalls
- UHMW Tip/Tail Impact Deflection
|Contact Length (cm)
|Nose / Tail Width (cm)
|Max Stance (cm)
|Weight Range (kg)
- Not sure which size to get? Check out our snowboard size chart here.
- Not sure if you need a wide board or not? Find out here.
- Want to find out about snowboard cambers and shapes? Click here.
- Want to find out about different types of snowboard edges (magne-traction)? Click here.
- Want to find out about the difference in snowboard bases? Click here.
- Want to find out about snowboard construction? Click here.
We are confident in our products and our sales staff to make sure that you get the best help and gear that are most suitable for your adventures.
We are a local, independently owned store and do not offer ‘change of mind’ refunds (this includes incorrect sizing), however we're happy to offer you a store credit subject to the following conditions:
- Returned within 30 days from the date of purchase (or date of delivery for online orders).
- Proof of purchase included
- The item/s must be sent back in the condition you received it and with the original box and/or packaging in resalable condition, including manufacturer tags where applicable. It is the customers responsibility to ensure all returned items are delivered to Melbourne Snowboard Centre in their original condition.
- We cannot offer returns on any Facemasks, Neckwarmers, Socks or Chains due to hygiene and the nature of their use.
Store credits, lasting up to 3 years, will be issued for the amount paid at time of purchase for the particular item being returned. They are issued via email in which you'll receive a 13 digit code that you can use at checkout online or in store.
Unfortunately stock levels vary and we are not able to stock all products in all sizes, which may result in your desired exchange product or size not being available. In the event that your desired exchange product is not in stock, a store credit will be issued.
Should you not want a credit or exchange, in extenuating circumstances Melbourne Snowboard Centre may issue a refund minus a 20% restocking fee.