The 2022 Lib-Tech Apex Orca takes Travis Rice's brainchild and iconic directional shaped Orca, mixes it with his 'Climax' series, and adds the incredible Apex carbon construction to create the ultimate apex in a resort ripping, pow slashing freeride powerhouse. Taking the same floaty nose, tight sidecut and the contact maximising 'whale tail technology' shape but adding carbon over carbon over magnesium, everyones favourite power fish snowboard just received a futuristic bionic upgrade. If you want to one-up all your friends with a top-tier, all mountain quiver snowboard, look no further than the Apex Orca.
*Due to the volume shift on this board, we recommend you ride this board 3-6cm shorter than your normal board.
Rider Level: Intermediate - Advanced
Board Type: All Mountain Freeride
Camber Type: C2x
Shortened rocker between your feet with lengthened camber to the tip and tail gives you power and pop on groomers and in the park along with float and freedom to charge through powder. More loaded pressure in the tip and tail than regular C2 for a more aggressive and stable ride.
Flex: 7/10 (1=soft, 10=stiff)
This board has a naturally wide waist width, a long floaty nose, and a powerful tapered tail that gives it amazing float in powder while still being versatile enough to ride every day.
Core: Apex Construction
Lightest, environmentally nicer, smoother. Combines 20% Aspen and 30% Paulownia and 10% Balsa woods mixed with 40% (PET) recycled plastic bottles with toe spread carbon, 33 ° carbon mesh and Triax glass for a super smooth, light weight ride.
Base: Sintered Knife Cut
Fast and rugged with maximum wax retention.
Mounting Pattern: 2x4 inserts
Magnetraction - 7 strategically placed serrations along the edges of the board grip onto the snow and hold a strong edge in any condition.
Eco Sublimated Bio Beans Topsheet - A bio-plastic made from beans. Good for your board, and good for the environment.
Lightweight Spin Slim Tip and Tail - Reduced thickness in the tip and tail reduce swing weight, giving you quicker spins and a lighter board.
- Birch Internal Sidewalls
- UHMW Sintered Sidewalls
- UHMW Tip/Tail Impact Deflection
|Length (cm)||Contact Length (cm)||Waist (mm)||Nose / Tail Width (cm)||Sidecut (m)||Max Stance (cm)||Setback (cm)||Weight Range (kg)|
|153||110||267||31.6 / 30.5||7||
|156||113||267||31.7 / 30.6||7||
|159||115||267||31.9 / 30.8||7||
- Not sure which size to get? Check out our snowboard size chart here.
- Not sure if you need a wide board or not? Find out here.
- Want to find out about snowboard cambers and shapes? Click here.
- Want to find out about different types of snowboard edges (magne-traction)? Click here.
- Want to find out about the difference in snowboard bases? Click here.
- Want to find out about snowboard construction? Click here.
We are confident in our products and our sales staff to make sure that you get the best help and gear that are most suitable for your adventures.
We are a local, independently owned store and do not offer ‘change of mind’ refunds (this includes incorrect sizing), however we're happy to offer you a store credit subject to the following conditions:
- Returned within 30 days from the date of purchase (or date of delivery for online orders).
- Proof of purchase included
- The item/s must be sent back in the condition you received it and with the original box and/or packaging in resalable condition, including manufacturer tags where applicable. It is the customers responsibility to ensure all returned items are delivered to Melbourne Snowboard Centre in their original condition.
- We cannot offer returns on any Facemasks, Neckwarmers, Socks or Chains due to hygiene and the nature of their use.
Store credits, lasting up to 3 years, will be issued for the amount paid at time of purchase for the particular item being returned. They are issued via email in which you'll receive a 13 digit code that you can use at checkout online or in store.
Unfortunately stock levels vary and we are not able to stock all products in all sizes, which may result in your desired exchange product or size not being available. In the event that your desired exchange product is not in stock, a store credit will be issued.
Should you not want a credit or exchange, in extenuating circumstances Melbourne Snowboard Centre may issue a refund minus a 20% restocking fee.