The 2023 Jones Ultra Mountain Twin is a lean and mean big brother to the Jones Mountain Twin. The Ultra Mountain Twin is made with premium features that make it ride faster, pop higher, and keep it super stable on even the steepest terrain. Rocker in the nose and tail keep the board floating in deep snow, while the camber under your feet gives you a stable platform for hard and fast riding, whether you are riding in pow or hardpacked snow, and with the addition of the blunted tips you can not only experience a reduced swing rate when spinning, but it just begs to be blocked on side hit features. The Ultra Mountain Twin is the Mountain Twin on steroids, featuring a stiffer flex, faster base, ash veneer topsheet, and added Basalt for increased torsional stiffness, reduced weight, more advanced traction tech edges, plus added stance options with the added freestyle/freeride pack. If you want to go slow and just cruise around the mountain, this is not the board for you, the Ultra Mountain Twin is truely the next level in advanced snowboard tech
*Base colours are random and may vary
Camber Type: CamRock
Mellow camber between the feet for stability and pop with Rocker at the tip and tail for freestyle freedom and float in powder.
Flex: 9/10 (1=soft, 10=stiff)
Stiff boards are really stable at high speeds and riding in rough snow, and increase confidence in steep, deep, and rough terrain.
This board flexes the same in the nose and tail, allowing you to ride, pop, and press the same in regular and switch.
Shape: Directional Twin
Rides just like a twin with a slightly directional shape, so you get better performance riding forwards but can still ride switch when you want to.
3D Base Contour 2.0
A moderate 3D base contour featuring an even balance of 4mm of bevel in the nose and tail. Spoon makes the base roll through turns instead of landing flat, making your turns smoother and more natural.
Core: FSC Power Core
Triple-density full wood core featuring hardwood bamboo stringers for added pop and durability plus paulownia for weight savings.
Power Sustainable Basalt Stringers
New sustainable stringer made with 100% natural fibres. Basalt stringers improve torsional response and transfer power from under your feet to the tips of the board to help eliminate nose and tail chatter.
Ultra Construction combines innovative construction techniques with superlight wood cores and carbon fibre, and precisely positions materials for maximum performance, and eliminates all excess, making an incredibly lightweight, durable snowboard.
Multi-axis, stitched fibreglass laminate that offers a precise and responsive ride in any terrain or snow conditions.
Base: Sintered 9900
An incredibly fast base material that easily absorbs wax for when you need to go even faster. Made from Ultra-High Molecular Weight Polyethylene and Carbon, which makes it fast and easy to repair.
Oversized Recycled Edges - Exactly what it sounds like, enhanced sustainability and added durability.
FSC Ash Veneer - A thin ash veneer topsheet that functions as a protective layer, provides even flex and absorbs chatter.
Traction Tech 3.0 - Like a serrated knife cutting through the snow, Traction Tech adds multiple contact points along the edge of the board for enhanced grip and edge hold in all conditions.
Wend Natural Wax - Jones boards are ready to shred straight out of the shop and are factory waxed with Wend natural wax.
Bio Resin - All Jones boards are built with bio-based, renewable epoxy instead of petroleum-based epoxy. The raw materials used to make Bio Resin are co-products or waste products of other plant-based industrial processes. Producing Bio Resin requires 33% less greenhouse gas emissions than conventional epoxy.
Recycled Black ABS - ABS Plastic is one of the necessary evils of snowboard production. Jones improves the sustainability of their snowboards by using only recycled plastic.
Factory Tuned - All Jones snowboards are factory de-tuned at the tip and tail, so you can go riding straight away.
Blunt Tips - A more freestyle focused shape for reduced swing weight.
Freeride/Freestyle Pack - Allows options to centre or set back your stance as conditions demand.
Forever Flex - Jones boards now are finished slightly overbuilt and are broken in using specialised machinery that mimics riding use. This flexes the fibers and epoxy and allows them to settle into their final state, similar to riding the boards for 20 days. This provides a much more accurate flex rating.
|Size||Waist Width (mm)||Sidecut (m)||Taper (mm)||Effective Edge (cm)||Tip / Tail Length (cm)||Ref. Stance (cm)||Stance Setback (mm)||Weight Range (kg)|
|154cm||251||7.6||0||118.6||23.2 / 22.2||56||0||54 - 77|
|156cm Wide||259||7.7||0||120.4||23.3 / 22.3||58||0||59 - 82|
|157cm||254||7.8||0||121.0||23.5 / 22.5||60||0||59 - 82|
|159cm Wide||261||7.9||0||123.0||23.5 / 22.5||60||0||64 - 86|
|160cm||257||8.0||0||123.4||23.8 / 22.8||60||0||67 - 91|
|162cm Wide||263||8.1||0||125.6||23.7 / 22.7||60||0||67 - 91|
|163cm||260||8.2||0||125.8||24.1 / 23.1||60||0||73 - 95|
|165cm Wide||267||8.3||0||127.8||24.1 / 23.1||60||0||77 - 100+|
- Not sure which size to get? Check out our snowboard size chart here.
- Not sure if you need a wide board or not? Find out here.
- Want to find out about snowboard cambers and shapes? Click here.
- Want to find out about different types of snowboard edges (magne-traction)? Click here.
- Want to find out about the difference in snowboard bases? Click here.
- Want to find out about snowboard construction? Click here.
We are confident in our products and our sales staff to make sure that you get the best help and gear that are most suitable for your adventures.
We are a local, independently owned store and do not offer ‘change of mind’ refunds (this includes incorrect sizing) however we're happy to offer you a store credit subject to the following conditions:
- Returned within 30 days from the date of purchase (or date of delivery for online orders).
- Proof of purchase included
- The item/s must be sent back in the condition you received it and with the original box and/or packaging in resalable condition, including manufacturer tags where applicable. It is the customers responsibility to ensure all returned items are delivered to Melbourne Snowboard Centre in their original condition.
- We cannot offer returns on any Facemasks, Neckwarmers, Thermals, Socks or Chains due to hygiene and the nature of their use.
Store credits, lasting up to 3 years, will be issued for the amount paid at time of purchase for the particular item being returned. They are issued via email in which you'll receive a 13 digit code that you can use at checkout online or in store.
Should you not want a credit or exchange, in extenuating circumstances Melbourne Snowboard Centre may issue a refund minus a 20% restocking fee.
HOW TO RETURN
Making a return is easy. Please follow the steps below to make the process quick and easy for everyone.
- Fill out & print the following form RETURN FORM. If you are unable to print the return form, a handwritten note with all requested information will suffice.
- Take the time to carefully package your returns. It is the responsibility of the customer to pay costs related to the repair of returned items damaged in shipping due to improper packaging.
- If returning a product in its box, please wrap the box to protect it prior to taping and avoid attaching shipping labels directly to the box. Failure to do so may incur a fee or a reduced value in your store credit.
- Send parcel to the address labelled on the return form (Attach return form, once filled out, to the outside of parcel)
- Once we receive the item via post we will process the store credit to your email. With the store credit, you can repurchase the correct size/item or alternative product of your choosing.
- Exchange requests are not held. If your exchange request is not available our team will issue you with a store credit.
- Customers are responsible for all return postage costs.
- We'll endeavour to have your store credit processed and emailed to you, within 24 hours of receiving your product back in store
- If you have received an incorrect or faulty product please contact us so we can rectify the issue asap.
- Store credits can not be returned and are not redeemable for cash
- Parcels lost in transit to Melbourne Snowboard Centre are the responsibility of the customer, please keep note of your parcels tracking number
An example of how your boxed return should be packed:
An example of how your boxed return should NOT be packed:
If you have received a faulty product or you feel the product you have been using is eligible for a warranty evaluation by the manufacturer due to defect in its materials or workmanship, contact us and we can walk you through the appropriate steps to lodge a warranty claim. Please include photos of the item and issue so we can expedite the process. Find out more on our warranty page.