The 2022 Gnu Head Space makes a comeback from the beautiful mind of Gnu pro rider Forest Bailey. The Head Space is a board that can carve the groomers in the morning and head to the park in the afternoon for some fun laps or serious progression sessions. Featuring an asymmetrical construction, Magnetraction, and the Gnu take on positive camber, the Head Space will hold a solid edge and carve like crazy, while still being soft and playful when you want it to be. This is a jib-focused all-terrain board that boosts progression, in and out of the park. Unite your mind, body and board with this creative freestyle stick.
Rider Level: Intermediate - Advanced
Board Type: Park
Camber Type: C3
Very mild rocker between your feet with powerful camber to the tip and tail. This is Mervins version of traditional camber, offering maximum edge hold, pop, power, and precision with extra float and carve.
Flex: 5/10 (1=soft, 10=stiff)
Shape: Asym Twin
Identical tip to tail for controlled riding in regular or switch, with an asymmetric construction from toe to heel. Our bodies aren't the same front to back, so why should our boards be? Asymmetrical boards are built with a shorter sidecut on the heel edge and a different core construction from toe to heel, resulting in more precise carves on your toes, and easier and more powerful turns on your heels. This board is a level 1 on the asym scale, featuring an asymmetrical sidecut and core.
Core: Asym Unreal G1 ECO
A light, environmentally nice, and smooth core. Combines Aspen and Paulownia woods with Triax and Biax alloy glass for a strong, light, and poppy board.
Base: Eco Sublimated Sintered
Strong, fast, holds wax well, and environmentally friendly. Glide over flat spots and wet spring snow with less drag and more speed.
Mounting Pattern: 2x4 inserts
Eco Sublimated Poly Top - This topsheet is made using an eco-friendly sublimation process.
UHMW Sidewalls - Tough and fast sidewalls.
Magnetraction - 7 strategically placed serrations along the edges of the board grip onto the snow and hold a strong edge in any condition.
|Length (cm)||Contact Length (cm)||Waist (mm)||Nose / Tail Width (cm)||Sidecut (m)||Max Stance (cm)||Setback (cm)||Weight Range (kg)|
|149||112||250||29.1||7.6 / 7.8||
|152||113||250||29.4||7.8 / 8.0||
|155||115||254||29.7||8.0 / 8.2||
|158||117||255||30.0||8.1 / 8.3||
|155 Wide||115||264||30.5||8.0 / 8.2||
- Not sure which size to get? Check out our snowboard size chart here.
- Not sure if you need a wide board or not? Find out here.
- Want to find out about snowboard cambers and shapes? Click here.
- Want to find out about different types of snowboard edges (magne-traction)? Click here.
- Want to find out about the difference in snowboard bases? Click here.
- Want to find out about snowboard construction? Click here.
We are confident in our products and our sales staff to make sure that you get the best help and gear that are most suitable for your adventures.
We are a local, independently owned store and do not offer ‘change of mind’ refunds (this includes incorrect sizing), however we're happy to offer you a store credit subject to the following conditions:
- Returned within 30 days from the date of purchase (or date of delivery for online orders).
- Proof of purchase included
- The item/s must be sent back in the condition you received it and with the original box and/or packaging in resalable condition, including manufacturer tags where applicable. It is the customers responsibility to ensure all returned items are delivered to Melbourne Snowboard Centre in their original condition.
- We cannot offer returns on any Facemasks, Neckwarmers, Socks or Chains due to hygiene and the nature of their use.
Store credits, lasting up to 3 years, will be issued for the amount paid at time of purchase for the particular item being returned. They are issued via email in which you'll receive a 13 digit code that you can use at checkout online or in store.
Unfortunately stock levels vary and we are not able to stock all products in all sizes, which may result in your desired exchange product or size not being available. In the event that your desired exchange product is not in stock, a store credit will be issued.
Should you not want a credit or exchange, in extenuating circumstances Melbourne Snowboard Centre may issue a refund minus a 20% restocking fee.