The 2022 Capita Asymulator is a mind-melting snowboard that breaks the shackles of conformity and turns your preconceived notion of what a snowboard should look like on its head. Based on the incredibly popular Spring Break Twin, the Asymulator is made for hard-carving, hard charging riders, and features an outrageous shape that you won't want to take your boots (or your eyes) off. This is a shape that people will be picking up off the Melbourne Snowboard Centre rack, but it isn't just for looks, the different sidecut on your toes and heels lets you make powerful precision carves on both edges, and the Shovelhead tip and tail float over all kinds of terrain with ease and are one of the most enjoyable things you can grab on and off snow. Conformity is boring, normalcy is a dead paradigm, embrace the weirdness and get onto some next level performance.
Board Type: Resort
Camber Type: Resort V1 Profile
Positive Camber through the middle of the board with a small section of Flat from the inserts to the contact points, and small rocker sections in the tip and tail for a catch free ride. This board rides with the pop and great carving skills of a camber board, but you won't dig your nose and tail contact points in quite as hard which means less unexpected bails after landing your tricks.
Flex: 6/10 (Mid)
Great Medium flex that can hit big jumps, press rails and ride all over the mountain.
Shape: Twin / Asymmetrical
Here at Melbourne Snowboard Centre we're all about Asym. Built for multi directional riding, spinning and jibbing, this board is constructed exactly the same nose to tail, but different toe to heel, giving you the same ride in regular and switch with a different turning experience edge to edge.
The Asymulator has a large and smooth Radial sidecut for the toe-side edge of the board while the heel-side edge of the board features a tighter New Age Directional sidecut with Death Grip.
Core: P2 Superlight Core
Built for highly technical freestyle riding all over the mountain, the P2 Superlight Core is designed to be extremely durable with maximum pop.
Technora + Flax Boosters - 2 x 30mm strips of sustainable Flax fibres woven with Technora help absorb shocks while increasing power and response.
Holysheet Fiberglass + Magic Bean Resin - Triax and Biax Holysheet fiberglass has a higher glass to weight ratio than regular fiberglass, providing a more powerful ride while staying light, and is then coupled with high performance, environmentally responsible, plant based Magic Bean Resin for a powerful and dynamic ride.
Base: Quantum Drive Base
Harder, faster and stronger than their normal sintered base, this base will keep you zooming.
Inlaid Alloy Tail Skid Plate - Putting the metal to the pedal, an added skid plate in the nose and tail is tough as nails and makes sparks fly!
- Heelside edge with Death Grip
- Level 3 DeepSpace silkscreen
- Die-cut base
- PLT topsheet technology
- 360 degree HRC48 steel edges
- Full ABS1000 sidewalls
- Stainless steel 4 x 2 inserts
|Length (cm)||Effective Edge (mm)||Waist (mm)||Nose / Tail (cm)||Sidecut (m)||Max Stance (cm)||Weight Range (kg)|
|152||1195 / 1175||250||29.4||Toe: 7.8 / Heel: 7.7 > 1.5 > 7.7||60.9||50 - 68|
|154||1215 / 1197||252||29.6||
Toe: 7.9 / Heel: 7.8 > 1.5 > 7.8
|61.7||54 - 82|
|156||1235 / 1221||254||29.9||
Toe: 8.0 / Heel: 7.9 > 1.5 > 7.9
|62.5||59 - 86|
- Not sure which size to get? Check out our snowboard size chart here.
- Not sure if you need a wide board or not? Find out here.
- Want to find out about snowboard cambers and shapes? Click here.
- Want to find out about different types of snowboard edges (magne-traction)? Click here.
- Want to find out about the difference in snowboard bases? Click here.
- Want to find out about snowboard construction? Click here.
We are confident in our products and our sales staff to make sure that you get the best help and gear that are most suitable for your adventures.
We are a local, independently owned store and do not offer ‘change of mind’ refunds (this includes incorrect sizing), however we're happy to offer you a store credit subject to the following conditions:
- Returned within 30 days from the date of purchase (or date of delivery for online orders).
- Proof of purchase included
- The item/s must be sent back in the condition you received it and with the original box and/or packaging in resalable condition, including manufacturer tags where applicable. It is the customers responsibility to ensure all returned items are delivered to Melbourne Snowboard Centre in their original condition.
- We cannot offer returns on any Facemasks, Neckwarmers, Socks or Chains due to hygiene and the nature of their use.
Store credits, lasting up to 3 years, will be issued for the amount paid at time of purchase for the particular item being returned. They are issued via email in which you'll receive a 13 digit code that you can use at checkout online or in store.
Unfortunately stock levels vary and we are not able to stock all products in all sizes, which may result in your desired exchange product or size not being available. In the event that your desired exchange product is not in stock, a store credit will be issued.
Should you not want a credit or exchange, in extenuating circumstances Melbourne Snowboard Centre may issue a refund minus a 20% restocking fee.