The 2024 Capita Children Of The Gnar is a performance snowboard for the next generation. Based off the award winning DOA, the Children of the Gnar features the Melbourne Snowboard Centre favourite versatile Resort V1 Profile, dialled back with a softer flex and more forgiving core, which promotes progression and ease of use, while still performing above and beyond. This board is the perfect in-between model for any shredder that isn't ready to step up to adult boards, but is ready to ride like one. Buy now at Melbourne Snowboard Centre
* Board colours are size dependent and cannot be swapped
Board Type: Resort and Park
Camber Type: Resort V1 Profile
Positive Camber through the middle of the board with a small section of Flat from the 5cm past the inserts to the contact points, and small rocker sections in the tip and tail for a catch free ride. This board rides with the pop and great carving skills of a camber board, but you won't dig your nose and tail contact points in quite as hard which means less unexpected bails after landing your tricks.
Flex: 3.5/10 (Soft/Mid)
Great soft-mid flex that can hit jumps, press rails, and ride all over the mountain.
Shape: True Twin
Constructed the same from nose to tail, this board will ride switch and regular equally well for controlled jumps, landings, turns, and spins.
Blended Radial Sidecut
Blended Radial Sidecuts feature a single radius arc through the midsection of the board combined with a custom designed blend zone at the contact points. Varying the length of these blend zones and tailoring them specifically for certain aspects of riding greatly improves a board’s performance.
Core: FSC Certified Select 2.0 Core
The Select 2.0 Core is made from poppy, high quality Poplar wood that's free of irregularities for uniform flex and consistent performance made specifically for youths.
Special Blend Fibreglass & Magic Bean Resin - Custom weighted Biaxial top and bottom fibreglass increases strength and durability, which is impregnated with high performance, environmentally responsible, plant based resin.
Base: XXXTruded Base
This base is extruded under high pressure, resulting in an extremely hard, durable surface. Performance that can stand up to some punishment.
- Multitech Level 2 DeepSpace Silkscreen + PAM 16000 Topsheet
- Silkscreen base
- 360 Degree HRC48 Steel Edges
- Full ABS1000 Sidewalls
- Stainless Steel 4x2 Inserts
|Effective Edge (mm)
|Nose / Tail (cm)
|Max Stance (cm)
|Weight Range (kg)
|32 - 45
|36 - 50
|41 - 59
|45 - 64
- Not sure which size to get? Check out our snowboard size chart here.
- Not sure if you need a wide board or not? Find out here.
- Want to find out about snowboard cambers and shapes? Click here.
- Want to find out about different types of snowboard edges (magne-traction)? Click here.
- Want to find out about the difference in snowboard bases? Click here.
- Want to find out about snowboard construction? Click here.
We are confident in our products and our sales staff to make sure that you get the best help and gear that are most suitable for your adventures.
We are a local, independently owned store and do not offer ‘change of mind’ refunds (this includes incorrect sizing), however we're happy to offer you a store credit subject to the following conditions:
- Returned within 30 days from the date of purchase (or date of delivery for online orders).
- Proof of purchase included
- The item/s must be sent back in the condition you received it and with the original box and/or packaging in resalable condition, including manufacturer tags where applicable. It is the customers responsibility to ensure all returned items are delivered to Melbourne Snowboard Centre in their original condition.
- We cannot offer returns on any Facemasks, Neckwarmers, Socks or Chains due to hygiene and the nature of their use.
Store credits, lasting up to 3 years, will be issued for the amount paid at time of purchase for the particular item being returned. They are issued via email in which you'll receive a 13 digit code that you can use at checkout online or in store.
Unfortunately stock levels vary and we are not able to stock all products in all sizes, which may result in your desired exchange product or size not being available. In the event that your desired exchange product is not in stock, a store credit will be issued.
Should you not want a credit or exchange, in extenuating circumstances Melbourne Snowboard Centre may issue a refund minus a 20% restocking fee.