The 2023 Salomon Abstract is the newest board in the Salomon range and was designed to be one of the most versatile boards on the market. A combination of the award winning Gypsy and Villain, this unisex board boasts the perfect mid flexing profile with Salomon's most popular Rock Out Camber for stability and power underfoot. Even though it is primarily designed as a park / freestyle board, the Quadralizer sidecut lets this board grip on groomers so you can lay some serious turns down and precise carves outside the park. Remove all limitations on style and expression with the Abstract and enjoy versatility in the park, the streets, or anywhere you may ride.
This board is scheduled for delivery to Melbourne Snowboard Centre May 2022. This is an estimated delivery window and is subject to change. You will be notified via email once your board is ready to be collected in store, or once it has been shipped (if being shipped).
Rider Level: Intermediate - Advanced
Board Type: All Mountain / Park and Freestyle
Camber Type: Rock Out Camber
Traditional Camber throughout the board with a big flat spot between the bindings for added stability, response, and edge hold without feeling aggressive, plus rocker outside the feet to maximise pressability.
A mid flex that offers all mountain versatility. Playful when you want it, and stable when you need it.
Shape: True Twin
True Twin boards are constructed exactly the same from tip to tail for identical performance in both switch and regular.
Quadralizer Sidecut - The Quadralizer sidecut takes Salomons signature straight line Equalizer sidecut and makes it quadratic, which enhances edge grip, agility, and allows you to perform both big arcing carves and tight aggressive turns.
Core: Aspen Select
A full Aspen, FSC certified wood core with every piece being hand selected for unrivalled quality.
Triax/BA MD Glass - Triaxial Fibreglass that increases durability and stability, plus Medium Density fibreglass that guarantees consistent quality and light, lively performance.
Popster Booster - Pop meets performance. Popster shapes the woodcore profile with strategically placed variations of thickness, providing skate-influenced snap and pop. Booster adds carbon stringers which spread underfoot energy more effectively to the tip and tail for maximum ollie power.
High speed and good wax retention, so you can go faster for longer.
Mounting Pattern: 2x4 Inserts
Slingshot Sidewalls - Carbon inlays that load energy and enhance response underfoot.
Freestyle Edge Bevel - Pre-tuned edges for freestyle riding, so you can hit rails straight away without worrying about catching edges.
Castor Bean Topsheet - A sustainable option to discontinue petroleum-based topsheet products by using bio-sourced Castor Bean. Durable and eco-friendly!
Royal Rubber Rails - Full length rubber sidewalls provide the highest level of dampening and protection.
|Size (cm)||Waist Width (mm)||Stance Set Back (mm)||Nose/Tail Width (mm)||Effective Edge (mm)||
Recommended Rider Weight (kg)
We are confident in our products and our sales staff to make sure that you get the best help and gear that are most suitable for your adventures.
We are a local, independently owned store and do not offer ‘change of mind’ refunds (this includes incorrect sizing) however we're happy to offer you a store credit subject to the following conditions:
- Returned within 30 days from the date of purchase (or date of delivery for online orders).
- Proof of purchase included
- The item/s must be sent back in the condition you received it and with the original box and/or packaging in resalable condition, including manufacturer tags where applicable. It is the customers responsibility to ensure all returned items are delivered to Melbourne Snowboard Centre in their original condition.
- We cannot offer returns on any Facemasks, Neckwarmers, Thermals, Socks or Chains due to hygiene and the nature of their use.
Store credits, lasting up to 3 years, will be issued for the amount paid at time of purchase for the particular item being returned. They are issued via email in which you'll receive a 13 digit code that you can use at checkout online or in store.
Should you not want a credit or exchange, in extenuating circumstances Melbourne Snowboard Centre may issue a refund minus a 20% restocking fee.
HOW TO RETURN
Making a return is easy. Please follow the steps below to make the process quick and easy for everyone.
- Fill out & print the following form RETURN FORM. If you are unable to print the return form, a handwritten note with all requested information will suffice.
- Take the time to carefully package your returns. It is the responsibility of the customer to pay costs related to the repair of returned items damaged in shipping due to improper packaging.
- If returning a product in its box, please wrap the box to protect it prior to taping and avoid attaching shipping labels directly to the box. Failure to do so may incur a fee or a reduced value in your store credit.
- Send parcel to the address labelled on the return form (Attach return form, once filled out, to the outside of parcel)
- Once we receive the item via post we will process the store credit to your email. With the store credit, you can repurchase the correct size/item or alternative product of your choosing.
- Exchange requests are not held. If your exchange request is not available our team will issue you with a store credit.
- Customers are responsible for all return postage costs.
- We'll endeavour to have your store credit processed and emailed to you, within 24 hours of receiving your product back in store
- If you have received an incorrect or faulty product please contact us so we can rectify the issue asap.
- Store credits can not be returned and are not redeemable for cash
- Parcels lost in transit to Melbourne Snowboard Centre are the responsibility of the customer, please keep note of your parcels tracking number
An example of how your boxed return should be packed:
An example of how your boxed return should NOT be packed:
If you have received a faulty product or you feel the product you have been using is eligible for a warranty evaluation by the manufacturer due to defect in its materials or workmanship, contact us and we can walk you through the appropriate steps to lodge a warranty claim. Please include photos of the item and issue so we can expedite the process. Find out more on our warranty page.