The 2022 Rome Stalefish is the go-to deep powder board for Rome pro rider Stale Sandbech. Stay above the surface with ease thanks to the 3D shaping in the nose, wide waist width with taper, and directional camber profile, all combining to give you a stable and surfy surface with plenty of power and stability for charging at speed. Surf the powder, carve the groomers, and ride hard like Stale does on the Stalefish.
Board Type: Powder / All Mountain
Camber Type: Free The Ride Camber
This profile is designed specifically for all-mountain freeriding. Camber in the tail for power under your back foot combined with rocker in the nose for effortless float make this profile perform best when riding forwards.
Flex: 6/10 (1=soft, 10=stiff)
Shape: Tapered Directional
This board has a wide nose and tapered tail to help with float in powder and forward facing performance. This taper helps to provide agility in your turns and adds float in deep snow.
Directional Diamond 3D
Diamond 3D gives the base a 3D profile, turning upwards at the contact points to increase float in deep snow, improve handling in variable terrain, provide smooth turns, reduce edge catch, and complement all-mountain riding. Directional Diamond 3D puts the 3D profile in the nose only.
Core: Pop Core
The Pop Core is the most versatile and durable core from Rome, constructed with alternating strips of 20mm poplar and paulownia woods.
Directional Single Bamboo Omega Hotrod
Bamboo Hotrods are thin rods of bamboo milled into the boards core, giving the board a pressable and playful feeling. These bamboo rods are placed in Carbon Omega housing, which provides additional power and responsiveness. This configuration inlays one rod in the boards nose for liveliness and stability at speed.
Biax Glass (below core)
90 degree fibres that give the board a more mellow and torsionally playful feel.
Triax Glass (above core)
Fibreglass running in three different axes, which provides torsional rigidity and added snap.
Base: SinterStrong Base
The new go-to base material, this hardworking base is easy to repair and has great wax retention.
|Length (cm)||Effective Edge (mm)||Running Length (mm)||Waist Width (mm)||Nose / Tail Length (mm)||Sidecut Radius (m)||Weight Range (kg)|
|148||1106.4||1016.4||262.6||316.8 / 146.8||7.32 / 6.52||61 - 91|
|153||1152.4||1062.4||265.4||318.8 / 148.8||7.62 / 6.82||61 - 91|
|157||1189.2||1099.2||267.6||320.4 / 150.4||7.86 / 7.06||64 - 91+|
- Not sure which size to get? Check out our snowboard size chart here.
- Not sure if you need a wide board or not? Find out here.
- Want to find out about snowboard cambers and shapes? Click here.
- Want to find out about different types of snowboard edges (magne-traction)? Click here.
- Want to find out about the difference in snowboard bases? Click here.
- Want to find out about snowboard construction? Click here.
We are confident in our products and our sales staff to make sure that you get the best help and gear that are most suitable for your adventures.
We are a local, independently owned store and do not offer ‘change of mind’ refunds (this includes incorrect sizing) however we're happy to offer you a store credit subject to the following conditions:
- Returned within 30 days from the date of purchase (or date of delivery for online orders).
- Proof of purchase included
- The item/s must be sent back in the condition you received it and with the original box and/or packaging in resalable condition, including manufacturer tags where applicable. It is the customers responsibility to ensure all returned items are delivered to Melbourne Snowboard Centre in their original condition.
- We cannot offer returns on any Facemasks, Neckwarmers, Thermals, Socks or Chains due to hygiene and the nature of their use.
Store credits, lasting up to 3 years, will be issued for the amount paid at time of purchase for the particular item being returned. They are issued via email in which you'll receive a 13 digit code that you can use at checkout online or in store.
Should you not want a credit or exchange, in extenuating circumstances Melbourne Snowboard Centre may issue a refund minus a 20% restocking fee.
Making a return is easy. Please follow the steps below to make the process quick and easy for everyone.
- Fill out & print the following form RETURN FORM. If you are unable to print the return form, a handwritten note with all requested information will suffice.
- Take the time to carefully package your returns. It is the responsibility of the customer to pay costs related to the repair of returned items damaged in shipping due to improper packaging.
- If returning a product in its box, please wrap the box to protect it prior to taping and avoid attaching shipping labels directly to the box. Failure to do so may incur a fee or a reduced value in your store credit.
- Send parcel to the address labelled on the return form (Attach return form, once filled out, to the outside of parcel)
- Once we receive the item via post we will process the store credit to your email. With the store credit, you can repurchase the correct size/item or alternative product of your choosing.
- Customers are responsible for all return postage costs.
- We'll endeavour to have your store credit processed and emailed to you, within 24 hours of receiving your product back in store
- If you have received an incorrect or faulty product please contact us so we can rectify the issue asap.
An example of how your boxed return should be packed:
An example of how your boxed return should NOT be packed:
If you have received a faulty product or you feel the product you have been using is eligible for a warranty evaluation by the manufacturer due to defect in its materials or workmanship, contact us and we can walk you through the appropriate steps to lodge a warranty claim. Please include photos of the item and issue so we can expedite the process. Find out more on our warranty page.