The 2023 Nitro Optisym is perfectly described as a board for people who enjoy turning the entire mountain into their own personal playground. It allows people who want to get into the aggressive carving, freestyle game but also jib around the park with ease. Being a mid flex, twin, asymmetrical board, the heel side has a tighter radius allowing you to lay into heel side turn just as strong and as easily as your toe side. Combine this with the Cam-Out camber shape, the Optisym is perfect for smooth butters and freestyle freedom, but still powers out of turns and pops off of everything in sight.
Board Type: Park
Camber Type: Cam-Out Camber
Cam-out camber is basically positive camber with earlier and smoother transition zones in the tip and tail. This gives the board a lower rise in the centre, resulting in a fun and responsive ride with easier turn initiation and more forgiveness, giving you the benefits of camber without the aggression.
Flex: 5/10 (1=soft, 10=stiff)
Park Flex - This board features Nitro's Park Flex, a fine tuned flex pattern designed specifically for park progression.
Urban Flex - This board features Nitro's Urban Flex, which is designed to be ultra-flexible for maximum tweaks, presses, and butters.
Shape: Asym Twin
Exactly the same whether you're riding switch or regular, this allows you to push your switch riding and land comfortably regardless of which way you're facing. While the asymmetrical shape gives you a tighter radius on your heel side, making it easier to turn on your heels.
Core: PowerCore II
A performance driven core with tip to tail Poplar wood and additional Beech Wood stringers. The result: Unmatched strength, smooth response, and a tonne of snap.
Bi-Lite Laminates - Bi-Lite Laminates have fibres running in two directions, providing strength, power, and a forgiving board feel.
Whiplash Core Profile - This profile reduces thickness between the inserts with thicker sections outside your feet for huge ollie power while maintaining a comfortable press flex.
Base: Premium Extruded FH Base
A super durable base that is easy to maintain.
Mounting Pattern: 2x4 Inserts
Dual Degressive Sidecut - A smaller radius sidecut in the centre along with two larger ones in the tip and tail make it feel loose, playful, and the most forgiving sidecut in the Nitro range.
Railkiller edges - Edges designed specifically to handle the impact and stress of freestyle riding, they offer more than 200% impact resistance over a standard edge.
100% Natural Speed Wax - All Nitro boards are factory-tuned with Kandahars 100% Natural Speed Wax, a fully bio-degradable wax made of renewable resources.
Ureshred Sidewalls - New on all Nitro park boards, the sidewalls are made from Polyurethane, making them highly resistant against impact and abrasion as well as giving them excellent dampening characteristics.
Powerwall - Taking the Ureshred Polyurethane sidewall material and integrating it into the core strengths the core on the heel side. This provides extra durability and dampening while improving agility on and off your heel side edge.
|Length (cm)||Effective Edge (mm)||Waist (mm)||Nose / Tail Width (mm)||Sidecut (m)||Max Stance (cm)||Weight Range (kg)|
We are confident in our products and our sales staff to make sure that you get the best help and gear that are most suitable for your adventures.
We are a local, independently owned store and do not offer ‘change of mind’ refunds (this includes incorrect sizing) however we're happy to offer you a store credit subject to the following conditions:
- Returned within 30 days from the date of purchase (or date of delivery for online orders).
- Proof of purchase included
- The item/s must be sent back in the condition you received it and with the original box and/or packaging in resalable condition, including manufacturer tags where applicable. It is the customers responsibility to ensure all returned items are delivered to Melbourne Snowboard Centre in their original condition.
- We cannot offer returns on any Facemasks, Neckwarmers, Thermals, Socks or Chains due to hygiene and the nature of their use.
Store credits, lasting up to 3 years, will be issued for the amount paid at time of purchase for the particular item being returned. They are issued via email in which you'll receive a 13 digit code that you can use at checkout online or in store.
Should you not want a credit or exchange, in extenuating circumstances Melbourne Snowboard Centre may issue a refund minus a 20% restocking fee.
HOW TO RETURN
Making a return is easy. Please follow the steps below to make the process quick and easy for everyone.
- Fill out & print the following form RETURN FORM. If you are unable to print the return form, a handwritten note with all requested information will suffice.
- Take the time to carefully package your returns. It is the responsibility of the customer to pay costs related to the repair of returned items damaged in shipping due to improper packaging.
- If returning a product in its box, please wrap the box to protect it prior to taping and avoid attaching shipping labels directly to the box. Failure to do so may incur a fee or a reduced value in your store credit.
- Send parcel to the address labelled on the return form (Attach return form, once filled out, to the outside of parcel)
- Once we receive the item via post we will process the store credit to your email. With the store credit, you can repurchase the correct size/item or alternative product of your choosing.
- Exchange requests are not held. If your exchange request is not available our team will issue you with a store credit.
- Customers are responsible for all return postage costs.
- We'll endeavour to have your store credit processed and emailed to you, within 24 hours of receiving your product back in store
- If you have received an incorrect or faulty product please contact us so we can rectify the issue asap.
- Store credits can not be returned and are not redeemable for cash
- Parcels lost in transit to Melbourne Snowboard Centre are the responsibility of the customer, please keep note of your parcels tracking number
An example of how your boxed return should be packed:
An example of how your boxed return should NOT be packed:
If you have received a faulty product or you feel the product you have been using is eligible for a warranty evaluation by the manufacturer due to defect in its materials or workmanship, contact us and we can walk you through the appropriate steps to lodge a warranty claim. Please include photos of the item and issue so we can expedite the process. Find out more on our warranty page.