The 2022 Jones Mind Expander Twin takes the mind-bending experience the Jones Mind Expander provides and blends it with the freestyle performance of a directional twin snowboard. A mid flex, tight sidecut, and new Surf Camber profile brings the Mind Expander Twin to life, allowing you to make snappy, responsive turns while not losing out on floating in pow and giving you the ability to ride out switch. If you are the kind of rider who is down to hit every last bump, knuckle and side hit on the mountain this is the board built for you.
This board is scheduled for delivery to Melbourne Snowboard Centre in May 2021. This is an estimated delivery window and is subject to change. You will be notified via email once your board is ready to be collected in store, or once it has been shipped (if being shipped).
Camber Type: Christenson Surf Camber Rocker
Taking cues from surfboard shapes, the Christenson Surf Camber Rocker profile places rocker in the nose just inside the front inserts and in the tail just at the back inserts while having traditional camber in between the inserts.
Flex: 6/10 (1=soft, 10=stiff)
Medium flex boards offer good stability at speed and are easy to turn and manoeuvre.
This board has a directional flex pattern that allows more movement in the nose with a stiffer tail for extra pop and power under your back foot.
Boards with V-Cores are slightly softer in the very centre of the board for improved manoeuvrability and stiffer from the inserts through the tip and tail for stability and pop.
Shape: Directional Twin
Rides just like a twin with a slightly directional shape, so you get better performance riding forwards but can still ride switch when you want to.
3D Base Contour 3.0
A freeride focused 3D base contour featuring an even balance of 7mm of bevel in the nose and tail. Spoon makes the base roll through turns instead of landing flat, making your turns smoother and more natural.
Core: FSC Bamboo Surf Core
Triple-density full wood Paulownia core featuring hardwood bamboo stringers in the pocket of the sidecut for enhanced edge response and turn power.
A dual-direction, dual-layer, stitched fibreglass laminate that provides a fun, forgiving and snappy ride.
Sustainable Flax / Basalt Stringers
New Jones exclusive sustainable stringers made with 100% natural fibres. Composite Flax and Basalt stringers help transfer power to the edges, improve torsional response and absorb board chatter.
Base: Sintered 8000
This new super durable base material is made from Ultra-High Molecular Weight Polyethylene and carbon, making it easily repairable, highly wax absorbent, and super fast.
Oversized Recycled Edges - Exactly what it sounds like, enhanced sustainability and added durability.
Eco-Plastic Topsheet - An ultralight chip/scratch resistant topsheet made from castor beans. Good for your board, good for the environment.
Traction Tech 3.5 - Like a serrated knife cutting through the snow, Traction Tech adds multiple contact points along the edge of the board for enhanced grip and edge hold in all conditions.
Recycled Rounded ABS - ABS Plastic is one of the necessary evils of snowboard production. Jones improve the sustainability of their snowboards by using only recycled plastic.
Wend Natural Wax - Jones boards are ready to shred straight out of the shop and are factory waxed with Wend natural wax.
Bio Resin - All Jones boards are built with bio-based, renewable epoxy instead of petroleum based epoxy. The raw materials used to make Bio Resin are co-products or waste products of other plant-based industrial processes. Producing Bio Resin requires 33% less greenhouse gas emissions than conventional epoxy.
Factory Tuned - All Jones snowboards are factory de-tuned at the tip and tail, so you can go riding straight away.
|Size||Waist Width (mm)||Sidecut (m)||Taper (mm)||Effective Edge (cm)||Tip / Tail Length (cm)||Ref. Stance (cm)||Stance Setback (mm)||Weight Range (kg)|
||111||38.5 / 37.5||56.0||0||59 - 82|
||115||38.5 / 37.5||60.0||0||67 - 91|
- Not sure which size to get? Check out our snowboard size chart here.
- Not sure if you need a wide board or not? Find out here.
- Want to find out about snowboard cambers and shapes? Click here.
- Want to find out about different types of snowboard edges (magne-traction)? Click here.
- Want to find out about the difference in snowboard bases? Click here.
- Want to find out about snowboard construction? Click here.
We are confident in our products and our sales staff to make sure that you get the best help and gear that are most suitable for your adventures.
We are a local, independently owned store and do not offer ‘change of mind’ refunds (this includes incorrect sizing) however we're happy to offer you a store credit subject to the following conditions:
- Returned within 30 days from the date of purchase (or date of delivery for online orders).
- Proof of purchase included
- The item/s must be sent back in the condition you received it and with the original box and/or packaging in resalable condition, including manufacturer tags where applicable. It is the customers responsibility to ensure all returned items are delivered to Melbourne Snowboard Centre in their original condition.
- We cannot offer returns on any Facemasks, Neckwarmers, Thermals, Socks or Chains due to hygiene and the nature of their use.
Store credits, lasting up to 3 years, will be issued for the amount paid at time of purchase for the particular item being returned. They are issued via email in which you'll receive a 13 digit code that you can use at checkout online or in store.
Making a return is easy. Please follow the steps below to make the process quick and easy for everyone.
- Fill out & print the following form RETURN FORM. If you are unable to print the return form, a handwritten note with all requested information will suffice.
- Take the time to carefully package your returns. It is the responsibility of the customer to pay costs related to the repair of returned items damaged in shipping due to improper packaging.
- If returning a product in its box, please wrap the box to protect it prior to taping and avoid attaching shipping labels directly to the box. Failure to do so may incur a fee or a reduced value in your store credit.
- Send parcel to the address labelled on the return form (Attach return form, once filled out, to the outside of parcel)
- Once we receive the item via post we will process the store credit to your email. With the store credit, you can repurchase the correct size/item or alternative product of your choosing.
- Customers are responsible for all return postage costs.
- We'll endeavour to have your store credit processed and emailed to you, within 24 hours of receiving your product back in store
- If you have received an incorrect or faulty product please contact us so we can rectify the issue asap.
An example of how your boxed return should be packed:
An example of how your boxed return should NOT be packed:
If you have received a faulty product or you feel the product you have been using is eligible for a warranty evaluation by the manufacturer due to defect in its materials or workmanship, contact us and we can walk you through the appropriate steps to lodge a warranty claim. Please include photos of the item and issue so we can expedite the process. Find out more on our warranty page.