The 2024 Gnu Essential Service makes its return as your one stop shop when it comes to am all-mountain board with a directional twin shape, making it one of the most versatile board shapes on the mountain. Designed to be a one board quiver killer, the Essential Service can do it all thanks to its perfect all-terrain C2 contour, mid stiff flex and slightly setback stance, anything you throw at this board it can handle; whether its crisp morning groomers, steep and deep pow stashes, or any feature in the terrain park. A portion of sales from the Essential Service goes towards 'The Service Board', a youth-led organisation that are on a mission to mentor teens to conquer personal and cultural challenges through positive public service and outdoor adventure, like snowboarding!
Rider Level: Intermediate
Board Type: All Mountain
Camber Type: C2
Mild rocker between your feet with powerful camber to the tip and tail gives you power and pop on groomers and in the park along with float and freedom to charge through powder. Carves the resort, plays in the park, and slays powder.
Flex: 6/10 (1=soft, 10=stiff)
Shape: Directional Twin
This board has a slight setback that provides better float when riding forwards, but can still ride switch with ease.
Core: G2 Lite Construction
Light, environmentally nice, strong, and poppy. Combines Aspen and Paulownia woods with Triax and Biax alloy glass for a super smooth ride and lighter weight.
Base: Eco-Sublimated Sintered
A fast and tough base that holds wax.
Mounting Pattern: 2x4 inserts
Eco Sublimated Poly Top - This topsheet is made using an eco-friendly sublimation process.
UHMW Sidewalls - Tough, fast, and environmentally friendly sidewalls.
Magnetraction - 7 strategically placed serrations along the edges of the board grip onto the snow and hold a strong edge in any condition.
|Contact Length (cm)
|Nose / Tail Width (cm)
|Max Stance (cm)
|Weight Range (kg)
|79 - 85
|88 - 94
|90 - 95
- Not sure which size to get? Check out our snowboard size chart here.
- Not sure if you need a wide board or not? Find out here.
- Want to find out about snowboard cambers and shapes? Click here.
- Want to find out about different types of snowboard edges (magne-traction)? Click here.
- Want to find out about the difference in snowboard bases? Click here.
- Want to find out about snowboard construction? Click here.
We are confident in our products and our sales staff to make sure that you get the best help and gear that are most suitable for your adventures.
We are a local, independently owned store and do not offer ‘change of mind’ refunds (this includes incorrect sizing), however we're happy to offer you a store credit subject to the following conditions:
- Returned within 30 days from the date of purchase (or date of delivery for online orders).
- Proof of purchase included
- The item/s must be sent back in the condition you received it and with the original box and/or packaging in resalable condition, including manufacturer tags where applicable. It is the customers responsibility to ensure all returned items are delivered to Melbourne Snowboard Centre in their original condition.
- We cannot offer returns on any Facemasks, Neckwarmers, Socks or Chains due to hygiene and the nature of their use.
Store credits, lasting up to 3 years, will be issued for the amount paid at time of purchase for the particular item being returned. They are issued via email in which you'll receive a 13 digit code that you can use at checkout online or in store.
Unfortunately stock levels vary and we are not able to stock all products in all sizes, which may result in your desired exchange product or size not being available. In the event that your desired exchange product is not in stock, a store credit will be issued.
Should you not want a credit or exchange, in extenuating circumstances Melbourne Snowboard Centre may issue a refund minus a 20% restocking fee.