The 2023 Capita Black Snowboard of Death is a legendary all-terrain slayer hell bent on destroying the mountain. The Hyperdrive base will make you hit speeds that put fear in your bones, but with the all-mountain Alpine V1 camber profile you'll have the bravery and confidence to power through. Carbon rods, amplifiers, and power shields take the carbon content through the roof and provide a ride so light and smooth you'll feel like you're floating on air, even when you're hitting hyperspeed in uncharted territory. Boasting tech beyond belief and one of the best reputations in the industry, the Black Snowboard of Death is a fearless figure of pure performance and an all mountain weapon that looks so menacing even the Chosen Undead would be afraid.
This board is scheduled for delivery to Melbourne Snowboard Centre May 2022. This is an estimated delivery window and is subject to change. You will be notified via email once your board is ready to be collected in store, or once it has been shipped (if being shipped).
Board Type: All Mountain and Powder Performance
Camber Type: Alpine V1 Profile
Positive camber through most of the board for a stable and poppy ride, with a reverse camber nose and flat tail for effortless float in deep snow.
Flex: 6.5/10 (1=soft, 10=stiff)
Stiff enough to plow through the powder and hold a strong edge, but soft enough to be forgiving when you need it.
Built specifically for directional all mountain charging, this board has a radial side cut teamed up with a tapered tail. This narrower tail naturally drops down into the powder while the wider nose section floats above the snow line. The result is less fatigue and more fun as the board surfs powder or charges through slush and hard pack.
New Age Directional
This board features a progressive sidecut which incorporates a reverse sidecut arc in the middle of the board. Due to a reduced effective edge as a result of hybrid camber shapes, this reverse camber arc adds an additional point of contact in the centre of the board (aka Death Grip), allowing you to retain better control through turns.
Core: Thermopolymer Hover Core
Enchanced with bonded post-consumer recycled Thermopolymer channels into ultra-lightweight select grain wood core strips. The Thermopolymer Hover Core is extremely light and string with excellent dampening properties.
Carbon Fleece Power Shield - Achieve maximum thrust and stability thanks to two underfoot power pads that add power while staying torsionally forgiving, allowing you to control your board with ease even when getting bucked around in varied terrain.
Amplitex V-Tech Amplifier - Amplitex is a natural Flax fibre woven with carbon strands, giving you the reactive energy of carbon with the lightweight dampening properties of Flax. These two fibres are placed in 4 x 30mm strips, working in unison to reinforce the board while flexing uniformly and remaining light, durable, and extra snappy.
HolySheet Tri/Tri Fibreglass + Magic Bean Resin - Triax/Triax HolySheet glass has a higher glass to weight ratio than normal fibreglass, giving you more stiffness with lower weight than a traditional layup. This is impregnated with a high performance, environmentally responsible, plant based resin that provides a powerful and dynamic ride that's better for the planet.
Base: Hyperdrive Base
This exclusively formulated sintered base is designed for the most depraved speed junkies, bar none. Ultra high molecular weight, ultra high density polyethylene, custom engineered with super secret special additives. That's a one way ticket to a face meltingly fast ride.
Skinless Core Ash Woodgrain Topsheet - This board has a specially treated pure wood veneer topsheet with a unique tactile feel that is 220gm light than a standard topsheet.
Inlaid Alloy Skid Plates - Reinforced with an ultralight skid plate, refined and reshaped to shave weight.
Moonshot Pro-Tune - Capita have taken it a step further and given this base a stone grind structure which helps it glide over snow with minimal resistance.
- Death Grip
- Multitech Level 3 DeepSpace Silkscreen + PAM16000 + Custom Stained Core Ash Topsheet
- Miltitech Sublimation + Die-cut Base
- 360 Degree HRC48 Steel Edges
- Full ABS1000 Sidewalls
- Stainless Steel 4x2 Inserts
- 0.5" setback
|Length (cm)||Effective Edge (mm)||Waist (mm)||Nose / Tail (cm)||Sidecut (m)||Max Stance (cm)||Setback (cm)||Weight Range (kg)|
|156||1197||256||29.6 / 29.5||8.2 / 7.8 / 7.6||63.9||1.27||59 - 86|
|159||1221||259||30.0 / 29.9||8.4 / 8.0 / 7.8||66.4||1.27||63 - 90|
||30.4 / 30.2||8.6 / 8.2 / 8.0||66.4||1.27||68 - 95+|
- Not sure which size to get? Check out our snowboard size chart here.
- Not sure if you need a wide board or not? Find out here.
- Want to find out about snowboard cambers and shapes? Click here.
- Want to find out about different types of snowboard edges (magne-traction)? Click here.
- Want to find out about the difference in snowboard bases? Click here.
- Want to find out about snowboard construction? Click here.
We are confident in our products and our sales staff to make sure that you get the best help and gear that are most suitable for your adventures.
We are a local, independently owned store and do not offer ‘change of mind’ refunds (this includes incorrect sizing) however we're happy to offer you a store credit subject to the following conditions:
- Returned within 30 days from the date of purchase (or date of delivery for online orders).
- Proof of purchase included
- The item/s must be sent back in the condition you received it and with the original box and/or packaging in resalable condition, including manufacturer tags where applicable. It is the customers responsibility to ensure all returned items are delivered to Melbourne Snowboard Centre in their original condition.
- We cannot offer returns on any Facemasks, Neckwarmers, Thermals, Socks or Chains due to hygiene and the nature of their use.
Store credits, lasting up to 3 years, will be issued for the amount paid at time of purchase for the particular item being returned. They are issued via email in which you'll receive a 13 digit code that you can use at checkout online or in store.
Should you not want a credit or exchange, in extenuating circumstances Melbourne Snowboard Centre may issue a refund minus a 20% restocking fee.
HOW TO RETURN
Making a return is easy. Please follow the steps below to make the process quick and easy for everyone.
- Fill out & print the following form RETURN FORM. If you are unable to print the return form, a handwritten note with all requested information will suffice.
- Take the time to carefully package your returns. It is the responsibility of the customer to pay costs related to the repair of returned items damaged in shipping due to improper packaging.
- If returning a product in its box, please wrap the box to protect it prior to taping and avoid attaching shipping labels directly to the box. Failure to do so may incur a fee or a reduced value in your store credit.
- Send parcel to the address labelled on the return form (Attach return form, once filled out, to the outside of parcel)
- Once we receive the item via post we will process the store credit to your email. With the store credit, you can repurchase the correct size/item or alternative product of your choosing.
- Exchange requests are not held. If your exchange request is not available our team will issue you with a store credit.
- Customers are responsible for all return postage costs.
- We'll endeavour to have your store credit processed and emailed to you, within 24 hours of receiving your product back in store
- If you have received an incorrect or faulty product please contact us so we can rectify the issue asap.
- Store credits can not be returned and are not redeemable for cash
- Parcels lost in transit to Melbourne Snowboard Centre are the responsibility of the customer, please keep note of your parcels tracking number
An example of how your boxed return should be packed:
An example of how your boxed return should NOT be packed:
If you have received a faulty product or you feel the product you have been using is eligible for a warranty evaluation by the manufacturer due to defect in its materials or workmanship, contact us and we can walk you through the appropriate steps to lodge a warranty claim. Please include photos of the item and issue so we can expedite the process. Find out more on our warranty page.