The 2023 Capita Mercury is back and better than ever! Upgraded to its new Hover Core, the Mercury is now lighter, stronger, and has even better dampening properties, which is everything style-masters and team riders Kevin Backstrom and Arthur Longo need in their snowboard of choice. Known for its all mountain versatility and incredible power underfoot, you can be sure to have complete control over your snowboard in any condition, whether its hitting natural kickers on resort to floating effortlessly in powder. Taking a revolutionary freeride camber profile and applying it to a super lightweight and high performance core, along with engineered carbon and environmentally responsible construction, Capita have created a snowboard that will take you to new planets while still looking after ours. The snowboarding universe is ever-changing and the limits are always being pushed, so Capita have developed a board that will break the surly bonds of gravity, destroy your ideas about what a snowboard is capable of, and take you to the final frontier.
This board is scheduled for delivery to Melbourne Snowboard Centre May 2022. This is an estimated delivery window and is subject to change. You will be notified via email once your board is ready to be collected in store, or once it has been shipped (if being shipped).
Rider Type: Resort
Camber Type: Resort V2 Profile
The Resort V2 Profile gives you the best of both worlds. Raised camber through the inserts to retain high speed edge hold, rocker at the contact points to reduce catch and enhance float in powder, and flat kick tip and tail for faster, more aggressive transitions.
Flex: 6.5/10 (1=soft, 10=stiff)
Stiff enough to plow through the powder and hold a strong edge, but soft enough to be forgiving when you need it.
This board has a setback stance and slightly directional shape, giving you better control going forwards but still allowing you to ride switch with ease.
New Age Progressive
This board features a progressive sidecut which incorporates a reverse sidecut arc in the middle of the board. Due to a reduced effective edge as a result of hybrid camber shapes, this reverse camber arc adds an additional point of contact in the centre of the board (aka Death Grip), allowing you to retain better control through turns.
Core: Hover Core
The Hover Core is so light it essentially floats across the snow. Thin cut, low-density, Paulownia strips are combined with 7mm Poplar beams to create an ultralight and intensive response in the board.
Amplitex V-Tech Amplifier - Amplitex is a natural Flax fibre woven with carbon strands, giving you the reactive energy of carbon with the lightweight dampening properties of Flax. These two fibres are placed in 4 x 25mm strips, working in unison to reinforce the board while flexing uniformly and remaining light, durable, and extra snappy.
HolySheet Fibreglass + Magic Bean Resin - HolySheet glass has a higher glass to weight ratio than normal fibreglass, giving you more stiffness with lower weight than a traditional layup. This is impregnated with a high performance, environmentally responsible, plant based resin that provides a powerful and dynamic ride that's better for the planet.
Base: Hyperdrive Base
This exclusively formulated sintered base is designed for the most depraved speed junkies, bar none. Ultra high molecular weight, ultra high density polyethylene, custom engineered with super secret special additives. That's a one way ticket to a face meltingly fast ride.
- New Age Directional Sidecut with Death Grip
- Multitech Level 6 DeepSpace Silkscreen + PAM 16000 Topsheet with Metallic Underlay
- Die-cut Base
- PLT Topsheet Technology
- 360 Degree HRC48 Steel Edges
- Full ABS1000 Sidewalls
- Stainless Steel 4 x 2 Inserts
- 0.5" Setback
|Length (cm)||Effective Edge (mm)||Waist (mm)||Nose / Tail (cm)||Sidecut (m)||Max Stance (cm)||Weight Range (kg)|
|150||1159||251||29.3||7.3 / -1.5 / 7.3||60.9||40 - 68|
|153||1183||253||29.6||7.5 / -1.5 / 7.5||60.9||45 - 72|
|155||1199||255||29.9||7.7 / -1.5 / 7.7||63.5||54 - 81|
|157||1215||257||30.1||7.85 / -1.5 / 7.85||63.5||59 - 86|
|159||1223||259||30.3||8.0 / -1.5 / 8.0||67.5||63 - 90|
|161||1247||261||30.6||8.15 / 1.5 / 8.15||67.5||72 - 99+|
|156 Wide||1207||261||30.5||7.8 / -1.5 / 7.8||63.5||54 - 81|
|158 Wide||1223||263||30.7||7.9 / -1.5 / 7.9||63.5||59 - 86|
|160 Wide||1239||265||30.9||8.0 / -1.5 / 8.0||67.5||63 - 90+|
- Not sure which size to get? Check out our snowboard size chart here.
- Not sure if you need a wide board or not? Find out here.
- Want to find out about snowboard cambers and shapes? Click here.
- Want to find out about different types of snowboard edges (magne-traction)? Click here.
- Want to find out about the difference in snowboard bases? Click here.
- Want to find out about snowboard construction? Click here.
We are confident in our products and our sales staff to make sure that you get the best help and gear that are most suitable for your adventures.
We are a local, independently owned store and do not offer ‘change of mind’ refunds (this includes incorrect sizing) however we're happy to offer you a store credit subject to the following conditions:
- Returned within 30 days from the date of purchase (or date of delivery for online orders).
- Proof of purchase included
- The item/s must be sent back in the condition you received it and with the original box and/or packaging in resalable condition, including manufacturer tags where applicable. It is the customers responsibility to ensure all returned items are delivered to Melbourne Snowboard Centre in their original condition.
- We cannot offer returns on any Facemasks, Neckwarmers, Thermals, Socks or Chains due to hygiene and the nature of their use.
Store credits, lasting up to 3 years, will be issued for the amount paid at time of purchase for the particular item being returned. They are issued via email in which you'll receive a 13 digit code that you can use at checkout online or in store.
Should you not want a credit or exchange, in extenuating circumstances Melbourne Snowboard Centre may issue a refund minus a 20% restocking fee.
HOW TO RETURN
Making a return is easy. Please follow the steps below to make the process quick and easy for everyone.
- Fill out & print the following form RETURN FORM. If you are unable to print the return form, a handwritten note with all requested information will suffice.
- Take the time to carefully package your returns. It is the responsibility of the customer to pay costs related to the repair of returned items damaged in shipping due to improper packaging.
- If returning a product in its box, please wrap the box to protect it prior to taping and avoid attaching shipping labels directly to the box. Failure to do so may incur a fee or a reduced value in your store credit.
- Send parcel to the address labelled on the return form (Attach return form, once filled out, to the outside of parcel)
- Once we receive the item via post we will process the store credit to your email. With the store credit, you can repurchase the correct size/item or alternative product of your choosing.
- Exchange requests are not held. If your exchange request is not available our team will issue you with a store credit.
- Customers are responsible for all return postage costs.
- We'll endeavour to have your store credit processed and emailed to you, within 24 hours of receiving your product back in store
- If you have received an incorrect or faulty product please contact us so we can rectify the issue asap.
- Store credits can not be returned and are not redeemable for cash
- Parcels lost in transit to Melbourne Snowboard Centre are the responsibility of the customer, please keep note of your parcels tracking number
An example of how your boxed return should be packed:
An example of how your boxed return should NOT be packed:
If you have received a faulty product or you feel the product you have been using is eligible for a warranty evaluation by the manufacturer due to defect in its materials or workmanship, contact us and we can walk you through the appropriate steps to lodge a warranty claim. Please include photos of the item and issue so we can expedite the process. Find out more on our warranty page.