The 2023 Nitro Santoku is a true utility knife of a snowboard that designed to give you all the support, flex and fun you need to ride all over the mountain. Designed alongside Elias Elhardt, he wanted a board that is good to cruise and carve on, but also is able to handle the biggest lines thrown at it. As a True Camber, all terrain twin, it also performs incredibly well in the park by giving you a softer nose and tail for butters but stiff throughout the core giving you response when carving and pop when taking off the lip of a jump. Anyone looking for a super fun to ride, all terrain freestyle snowboard, the Santoku is for you; every hit is a fun hit, every turn is a fun turn.
Board Type: All-Mountain / Powder / Park
Camber Type: True Camber
The original camber type, unmatched for strong snap and powerful response. Each True Camber board in the Nitro range has its own special tweak to suit its intended terrain type, keeping the camber shape with a more specialised ride.
Flex: 5/10 (1=soft, 10=stiff)
All Terrain Flex - This is Nitro's most versatile flex pattern, combining great pop and smooth response.
Shape: All-Terrain Twin
A twin shape that you can ride normal or switch, it won't hold you back.
Core: PowerCore II
A performance driven core with tip to tail Poplar wood and additional Beech Wood stringers. The result: Unmatched strength, smooth response, and a tonne of snap.
Diamond Band - Carbon reinforcement fibres that are ultra-strong yet lightweight. These tip-to-tail stringers transfer riders input to help you drive your board and stay in maximum control.
Reflex Core Profile - The Reflex Core Profile thins out the core between your feet, making your board thickest under the inserts. This improves handling, increases torsional flex, and allows you to steer through turns with ease.
Base: Sintered Speed Formula 2 Base
The fastest and most durable base from Nitro, this features a nanotech wax formula deeply infused into the base material, making the base lighting fast and super tough.
Mounting Pattern: 2x4 Inserts
Dual Degressive Sidecut - A smaller radius sidecut in the centre along with two larger ones in the tip and tail make it feel loose, playful, and the most forgiving sidecut in the Nitro range.
100% Natural Speed Wax - All Nitro boards are factory-tuned with Kandahars 100% Natural Speed Wax, a fully bio-degradable wax made of renewable resources.
|Length (cm)||Effective Edge (mm)||Waist (mm)||Nose / Tail Width (mm)||Sidecut (m)||Max Stance (cm)||Weight Range (kg)|
|156||1005||250||293||7.5 / 5.5||60||70+|
7.5 / 5.5
7.5 / 5.5
- Not sure which size to get? Check out our snowboard size chart here.
- Not sure if you need a wide board or not? Find out here.
- Want to find out about snowboard cambers and shapes? Click here.
- Want to find out about different types of snowboard edges (magne-traction)? Click here.
- Want to find out about the difference in snowboard bases? Click here.
- Want to find out about snowboard construction? Click here.
We are confident in our products and our sales staff to make sure that you get the best help and gear that are most suitable for your adventures.
We are a local, independently owned store and do not offer ‘change of mind’ refunds (this includes incorrect sizing) however we're happy to offer you a store credit subject to the following conditions:
- Returned within 30 days from the date of purchase (or date of delivery for online orders).
- Proof of purchase included
- The item/s must be sent back in the condition you received it and with the original box and/or packaging in resalable condition, including manufacturer tags where applicable. It is the customers responsibility to ensure all returned items are delivered to Melbourne Snowboard Centre in their original condition.
- We cannot offer returns on any Facemasks, Neckwarmers, Thermals, Socks or Chains due to hygiene and the nature of their use.
Store credits, lasting up to 3 years, will be issued for the amount paid at time of purchase for the particular item being returned. They are issued via email in which you'll receive a 13 digit code that you can use at checkout online or in store.
Should you not want a credit or exchange, in extenuating circumstances Melbourne Snowboard Centre may issue a refund minus a 20% restocking fee.
HOW TO RETURN
Making a return is easy. Please follow the steps below to make the process quick and easy for everyone.
- Fill out & print the following form RETURN FORM. If you are unable to print the return form, a handwritten note with all requested information will suffice.
- Take the time to carefully package your returns. It is the responsibility of the customer to pay costs related to the repair of returned items damaged in shipping due to improper packaging.
- If returning a product in its box, please wrap the box to protect it prior to taping and avoid attaching shipping labels directly to the box. Failure to do so may incur a fee or a reduced value in your store credit.
- Send parcel to the address labelled on the return form (Attach return form, once filled out, to the outside of parcel)
- Once we receive the item via post we will process the store credit to your email. With the store credit, you can repurchase the correct size/item or alternative product of your choosing.
- Exchange requests are not held. If your exchange request is not available our team will issue you with a store credit.
- Customers are responsible for all return postage costs.
- We'll endeavour to have your store credit processed and emailed to you, within 24 hours of receiving your product back in store
- If you have received an incorrect or faulty product please contact us so we can rectify the issue asap.
- Store credits can not be returned and are not redeemable for cash
- Parcels lost in transit to Melbourne Snowboard Centre are the responsibility of the customer, please keep note of your parcels tracking number
An example of how your boxed return should be packed:
An example of how your boxed return should NOT be packed:
If you have received a faulty product or you feel the product you have been using is eligible for a warranty evaluation by the manufacturer due to defect in its materials or workmanship, contact us and we can walk you through the appropriate steps to lodge a warranty claim. Please include photos of the item and issue so we can expedite the process. Find out more on our warranty page.