The 2022 Ride Psychocandy snowboard is a younger addition to the Ride range, attracting as much attention from female riders as candy would from a toddler. Taking cues from the insanely popular Warpig and giving it female-specific construction, shape and size, the Psychocandy is designed for all mountain performance in and out of the powder. The shape and camber profile of the Psychocandy allows it to float and surf super easy while still being able to carve the groomers with pinpoint precision. Get out and amongst it with the Psychocandy and watch it come to life in all terrain!
Board Type: Groomers / Powder
Camber Type: Directional Rocker
A longer, more pronounced rocker zone in the nose makes this board want to float, and a shorter rocker zone in the tail retains pop and response while also giving the board a surfy catch-free feeling.
The medium flex is stiff enough to be responsive and stable at speed, but also soft enough to handle a run through the park.
The Psychocandy has a directional shape, so it wants to ride forwards. It can handle a bit of switch, but riding your natural stance is where it will shine.
Core: Womens Performance Core
Specially formulated for the women’s line, this core combines lightweight Paulownia wood stringers with high strength Aspen.
Double Impact Plates
Two plates inserted underfoot take vibration out of your ride and add extra durability.
Carbon Infused Glass
90° Carbon fibres stitched into the glass. Extra pop and response, without adding extra stiffness.
Carbon Array 5 Laminates
5 Widespread carbon stringers gather rider input, which is channelled through to the opposite contact point for maximum board control. Basically, it distributes power throughout the board for a steady ride, no matter how you set up your stance.
Base: Sintered, Stone Ground
High-end sintered 4000 p-tex base material that is more durable, harder and faster than extruded.
Slimewalls - A RIDE exclusive, incorporating Urethane sidewall technology to absorb impact and make for a smoother ride. These are also the most durable sidewalls in snowboarding, meaning you can really thrash them, and they will hold their own.
Carbon Slimewalls - This sidewall construction consists of carbon and regular slimewall material combined and strategically placed at the inserts out to the contact points in the tip and tail on a twin, and the back inserts to the contact points in the tail on a directional board. This moves pop to the outside edges, enhancing stability and response.
Roll In Construction - Fibreglass structures that surround the built in Slimewalls to increase durability, prevent top sheet chipping, and keep the weight down.
Tapered Bi-Radical Sidecut - This sidecut maximises grip and maintains speed in all conditions.
|Size||Effective Edge (mm)||Waist Width (mm)||Sidecut Radius (m)||Tip / Tail Width (mm)||Setback (mm)||Ref Stance (mm)||Rider Weight (kg)|
|142cm||1044||250||4.7 - 5.7||302 / 292||-19||483||27 - 59|
|146cm||1070||257||4.9 - 6||309 / 299||-19||508||45 - 79|
|150cm||1095||264||5.2 - 6.3||316 / 306||-19||508||59 - 86|
|154cm||1121||267||5.4 - 6.6||318 / 308||-19||533||64 - 100+|
- Not sure which size to get? Check out our snowboard size chart here.
- Not sure if you need a wide board or not? Find out here.
- Want to find out about snowboard cambers and shapes? Click here.
- Want to find out about different types of snowboard edges (magne-traction)? Click here.
- Want to find out about the difference in snowboard bases? Click here.
- Want to find out about snowboard construction? Click here.
We are confident in our products and our sales staff to make sure that you get the best help and gear that are most suitable for your adventures.
We are a local, independently owned store and do not offer ‘change of mind’ refunds (this includes incorrect sizing) however we're happy to offer you a store credit subject to the following conditions:
- Returned within 30 days from the date of purchase (or date of delivery for online orders).
- Proof of purchase included
- The item/s must be sent back in the condition you received it and with the original box and/or packaging in resalable condition, including manufacturer tags where applicable. It is the customers responsibility to ensure all returned items are delivered to Melbourne Snowboard Centre in their original condition.
- We cannot offer returns on any Facemasks, Neckwarmers, Thermals, Socks or Chains due to hygiene and the nature of their use.
Store credits, lasting up to 3 years, will be issued for the amount paid at time of purchase for the particular item being returned. They are issued via email in which you'll receive a 13 digit code that you can use at checkout online or in store.
Should you not want a credit or exchange, in extenuating circumstances Melbourne Snowboard Centre may issue a refund minus a 20% restocking fee.
Making a return is easy. Please follow the steps below to make the process quick and easy for everyone.
- Fill out & print the following form RETURN FORM. If you are unable to print the return form, a handwritten note with all requested information will suffice.
- Take the time to carefully package your returns. It is the responsibility of the customer to pay costs related to the repair of returned items damaged in shipping due to improper packaging.
- If returning a product in its box, please wrap the box to protect it prior to taping and avoid attaching shipping labels directly to the box. Failure to do so may incur a fee or a reduced value in your store credit.
- Send parcel to the address labelled on the return form (Attach return form, once filled out, to the outside of parcel)
- Once we receive the item via post we will process the store credit to your email. With the store credit, you can repurchase the correct size/item or alternative product of your choosing.
- Customers are responsible for all return postage costs.
- We'll endeavour to have your store credit processed and emailed to you, within 24 hours of receiving your product back in store
- If you have received an incorrect or faulty product please contact us so we can rectify the issue asap.
An example of how your boxed return should be packed:
An example of how your boxed return should NOT be packed:
If you have received a faulty product or you feel the product you have been using is eligible for a warranty evaluation by the manufacturer due to defect in its materials or workmanship, contact us and we can walk you through the appropriate steps to lodge a warranty claim. Please include photos of the item and issue so we can expedite the process. Find out more on our warranty page.