The Mammut Barryvox S Beacon is one of the best beacons available, and you may never want to use it, but if you need to use it you'll be glad you got a Barryvox S. In a life and death situation you're going to be lacking two things, time and composure. This is where the Barryvox S shines, with its sophisticated technology and simplistic ease of use that will work with speed and clarity even if you can't. Featuring a search strip width of 70m, a large receiving bandwidth, both analog and digital modes, plus a large, simple interface with intuitive operation, the Barryvox S is one of the best beacons in the world, and when it comes to safety in the backcountry, nothing but the best will do.
Item no. 2710-00140
Type: Digital/analog combo device with 3 antennas
Weight including batteries [g]: 210
- Height: 27 mm
- W-Link frequency: 869.8 MHz
- Width: 67 mm
- Length: 115 mm
- Battery life: Alkaline: around 300 hours SEND|Lithium: around 400 hours SEND
- Batteries included: Yes
- Sending frequency: 457 kHz
- Analog search strip width: 100 m
- Digital search strip width: 70 m
- Buried subject marking: mark|unmark
- EN standards: EN 300718
- Warranty: 2-year warranty; additional 3-year Mammut guarantee if registered year
- Battery type: Alkaline and lithium 3 x AAA 1.5 volt
- Made in Switzerland: 100% Made in Switzerland, produced and developed in Switzerland
- Effective digital search strip width: 70 meters
- Digital receiving range: 70 meters
- Extended search range: extended receiving bandwidth (analog): up to 95 m; Extended search strip width (analog): 100 m
- Circular receiving field: almost identical receiving range for X and Y antennas
- Lithium-enabled: also works with lithium batteries: Less risk of leakage. More stable in low temperatures. Longer battery life (350 hours SEND)
- Display: display with background lighting, very easy to read even when wearing polarised glasses
- Acoustic search guidance: allows the rescuer to visually search the avalanche field
- Reverse direction function to avoid 180-degree search errors
- Group test with clear instructions
- Visual interface: shows distance, direction and number of buried subjects
- Design: ergonomic, impact-proof and break-proof. Can be operated while wearing gloves
- Device tests: automatic self-test and function test
- Smart search interacts with rescuer`s action during the search, making searching simpler and more reliable
- Multiple buried subjects: digital signal processing in the event of several buried subjects
- Buried subjects can be selected from a list, marked (MARK) and unmarked (UNMARK)
- Automatic switching from send to search (Auto Revert): if a rescuer does not move for 4 minutes, we assume a secondary avalanche and the device switches to SEND mode (motion-sensor controlled)
- Rescue SEND: Protective function for non-searching rescuers. In the event of a secondary avalanche it automatically switches to SEND to allow the rescuer to be located
- Auto guidance: device continues to guide the rescuer to the buried subject in the event of signal failures or overlaps
- Vital data: 3D sensor helps the rescuer concentrate his or her resources on the buried subjects with the highest chance of survival
- Advanced search settings: individually configurable search settings: pro search, acoustic and visual guidance; automatic switching from search to send (Auto Revert)
- Alternative search mode (analog mode) helps in resolving demanding search scenarios
- Personalisation: start screen and user texts (for example, owner information) can be personalised
- Attachment: includes highly functional Barryvox carrying system
- W-Link: Additional communication channel for improved search performance
- Manage the device fleet via W-Link
- Updatable software
- Operating temperature: -25° to +45° Celsius (-13° to +113° Fahrenheit)
We are confident in our products and our sales staff to make sure that you get the best help and gear that are most suitable for your adventures.
We are a local, independently owned store and do not offer ‘change of mind’ refunds (this includes incorrect sizing), however we're happy to offer you a store credit subject to the following conditions:
- Returned within 30 days from the date of purchase (or date of delivery for online orders).
- Proof of purchase included
- The item/s must be sent back in the condition you received it and with the original box and/or packaging in resalable condition, including manufacturer tags where applicable. It is the customers responsibility to ensure all returned items are delivered to Melbourne Snowboard Centre in their original condition.
- We cannot offer returns on any Facemasks, Neckwarmers, Socks or Chains due to hygiene and the nature of their use.
Store credits, lasting up to 3 years, will be issued for the amount paid at time of purchase for the particular item being returned. They are issued via email in which you'll receive a 13 digit code that you can use at checkout online or in store.
Unfortunately stock levels vary and we are not able to stock all products in all sizes, which may result in your desired exchange product or size not being available. In the event that your desired exchange product is not in stock, a store credit will be issued.
Should you not want a credit or exchange, in extenuating circumstances Melbourne Snowboard Centre may issue a refund minus a 20% restocking fee.