The 2023 K2 Afterblack snowboard is the perfect board for anyone who is looking to push the limits of freestyle snowboarding and will become perfectly obvious why the K2 team loves this board so much immediately after you ride it. While it can initially be seen as an all mountain ripper, the Afterblack dominates the park game in a big way. Get the extra stability and pop of camber, the catch free and pressable benefits of rocker, plus some torsional stiffness, edge hold, and response on top thanks to the addition of Carbon DarkWeb in the tip and tail. Combined with a super quick sintered base and a clean cut graphic that will go with any setup, K2 has put together a work of art that anyone should be happy to ride into any feature, big or small.
* Base colours are random
Board Type: All-Mountain Freestyle
Camber Type: Twin Combination Camber Baseline
Camber between your feet for stability and pop, with rocker at the contact points for some extra forgiveness.
Flex: 6/10 (1 = soft / 10 = stiff)
A medium flex gives you plenty of control for hitting big features and riding hard and fast, but still has enough flex that keeps the riding fun.
Ride regular, switch or upside down and you are in for a good time. If you were to fold this board in half, you would find perfect symmetry from tip to tail. Jib, spin and stomp with confidence and perfect balance.
Core: BAP Core
Made from three species of renewable timber that is made to get a balance between weight and strength, while also adding a dampening feel to the board.
Carbon DarkWeb - Carbon that extends from your binding to the contact points on your board allows for a more responsive and more stable ride.
Triax Fiberglass - This glass laminate has diagonal layers that add torsional stiffness, edge hold, and quick response.
Base: Sintered 4000
The Sintered 4000 base absorbs wax deep into the base for relentless glide and durability.
|Size||Effective Edge (cm)||Tip / Waist / Tail Width (mm)||Sidecut (m)||Stance (in)||Setback (mm)||Weight Range (kg)|
|149cm||112||289 - 250 - 289||8.0||20"||0||50 - 82|
|151cm||115||292 - 251 - 292||8.1||21"||0||54 - 86|
|154cm||117||295 - 252 - 295||8.1||21"||0||54 - 86|
|157cm||119||298 - 254 - 298||8.2||22"||0||59 - 91|
|160cm||122||201 - 257 - 301||8.2||22"||0||59 - 100|
|156cm Wide||119||305 - 261 - 305||8.1||21"||0||59 - 100|
|159cm Wide||121||309 - 263 - 309||8.2||22"||0||59-100|
- Not sure which size to get? Check out our snowboard size chart here.
- Not sure if you need a wide board or not? Find out here.
- Want to find out about snowboard cambers and shapes? Click here.
- Want to find out about different types of snowboard edges (magne-traction)? Click here.
- Want to find out about the difference in snowboard bases? Click here.
- Want to find out about snowboard construction? Click here.
We are confident in our products and our sales staff to make sure that you get the best help and gear that are most suitable for your adventures.
We are a local, independently owned store and do not offer ‘change of mind’ refunds (this includes incorrect sizing), however we're happy to offer you a store credit subject to the following conditions:
- Returned within 30 days from the date of purchase (or date of delivery for online orders).
- Proof of purchase included
- The item/s must be sent back in the condition you received it and with the original box and/or packaging in resalable condition, including manufacturer tags where applicable. It is the customers responsibility to ensure all returned items are delivered to Melbourne Snowboard Centre in their original condition.
- We cannot offer returns on any Facemasks, Neckwarmers, Thermals, Socks or Chains due to hygiene and the nature of their use.
Store credits, lasting up to 3 years, will be issued for the amount paid at time of purchase for the particular item being returned. They are issued via email in which you'll receive a 13 digit code that you can use at checkout online or in store.
Unfortunately stock levels vary and we are not able to stock all products in all sizes, which may result in your desired exchange product or size not being available. In the event that your desired exchange product is not in stock, a store credit will be issued.
Should you not want a credit or exchange, in extenuating circumstances Melbourne Snowboard Centre may issue a refund minus a 20% restocking fee.
HOW TO RETURN
Making a return is easy. Please follow the steps below to make the process quick and easy for everyone.
- Fill out & print the following form RETURN FORM. If you are unable to print the return form, a handwritten note with all requested information will suffice.
- Take the time to carefully package your returns. It is the responsibility of the customer to pay costs related to the repair of returned items damaged in shipping due to improper packaging.
- If returning a product in its box, please wrap the box to protect it prior to taping and avoid attaching shipping labels directly to the box. Failure to do so may incur a fee or a reduced value in your store credit.
- Send parcel to the address labelled on the return form (Attach return form, once filled out, to the outside of parcel)
- Once we receive the item via post we will process the store credit to your email. With the store credit, you can repurchase the correct size/item or alternative product of your choosing.
- Exchange requests are not held. If your exchange request is not available our team will issue you with a store credit.
- Customers are responsible for all return postage costs.
- We'll endeavour to have your store credit processed and emailed to you, within 24 hours of receiving your product back in store
- If you have received an incorrect or faulty product please contact us so we can rectify the issue asap.
- Store credits can not be returned and are not redeemable for cash
- Parcels lost in transit to Melbourne Snowboard Centre are the responsibility of the customer, please keep note of your parcels tracking number
An example of how your boxed return should be packed:
An example of how your boxed return should NOT be packed:
If you have received a faulty product or you feel the product you have been using is eligible for a warranty evaluation by the manufacturer due to defect in its materials or workmanship, contact us and we can walk you through the appropriate steps to lodge a warranty claim. Please include photos of the item and issue so we can expedite the process. Find out more on our warranty page.