The 2023 Jones Mountain Twin was designed for riders who want one board that is ideal for slashing, jibbing and jumping everything within and outside resort boundaries. Enjoy landing switch, spinning off bumps and treating the whole mountain like an endless skatepark without sacrificing speed, stability or float in this one board quiver killer. Giving you tons of pop, predicability and stability, the mid stiff CamRock profile combines positive camber underfoot with rocker in the tip and tail just past your inserts, which also gives you increased float and forgiveness in your ride. Year after Year the Mountain Twin adds awards to its trophy case, so no wonder it's a quiver killer and a favourite of both Jones team riders and amateurs worldwide, the Mountain Twin can be ridden all day, every day, no matter what the conditions or the terrain.
*Base colours are random and may vary
Camber Type: CamRock
Mellow camber between the feet for stability and pop with rocker at the tip and tail for freestyle freedom and float in powder.
Flex: 7/10 (1=soft, 10=stiff)
Medium flex boards offer good stability at speed and are easy to turn and manoeuvre.
This board flexes the same in the nose and tail, allowing you to ride, pop, and press the same in regular and switch.
Boards with V-Cores are slightly softer in the very centre of the board for improved manoeuvrability and stiffer from the inserts through the tip and tail for stability and pop.
Shape: Directional Twin
Rides just like a twin with a slightly directional shape, so you get better performance riding forwards but can still ride switch when you want to.
3D Base Contour 2.0
A moderate 3D base contour featuring an even balance of 4mm of bevel in the nose and tail. Spoon makes the base roll through turns instead of landing flat, making your turns smoother and more natural.
Core: FSC Control Core
Dual-density full wood core featuring a 2:1 paulownia to poplar stringer ratio to keep the core light and super damp.
A dual-direction, dual-layer, stitched fibreglass laminate that provides a fun, forgiving and snappy ride.
Base: Sintered 8000
This new super durable base material is made from Ultra-High Molecular Weight Polyethylene and carbon, making it easily repairable, highly wax absorbent, and super fast.
Oversized Recycled Edges - Exactly what it sounds like, enhanced sustainability and added durability.
Eco-Plastic Topsheet - An ultralight chip/scratch resistant topsheet made from castor beans. Good for your board, good for the environment.
Traction Tech 3.0 - Like a serrated knife cutting through the snow, Traction Tech adds multiple contact points along the edge of the board for enhanced grip and edge hold in all conditions.
Wend Natural Wax - Jones boards are ready to shred straight out of the shop and are factory waxed with Wend natural wax.
Bio Resin - All Jones boards are built with bio-based, renewable epoxy instead of petroleum based epoxy. The raw materials used to make Bio Resin are co-products or waste products of other plant-based industrial processes. Producing Bio Resin requires 33% less greenhouse gas emissions than conventional epoxy.
Recycled Black ABS - ABS Plastic is one of the necessary evils of snowboard production. Jones improve the sustainability of their snowboards by using only recycled plastic.
Factory Tuned - All Jones snowboards are factory de-tuned at the tip and tail, so you can go riding straight away.
Blunt Tips - A more freestyle focused shape for reduced swing weight.
Freeride/Freestyle Pack - Allows options to centre or set back your stance as conditions demand.
Forever Flex - Jones boards now are finished slightly overbuilt and are broken in using specialised machinery that mimics riding use. This flexes the fibers and epoxy and allows them to settle into their final state, similar to riding the boards for 20 days. This provides a much more accurate flex rating.
|Size||Waist Width (mm)||Sidecut (m)||Taper (mm)||Effective Edge (cm)||Tip / Tail Length (cm)||Ref. Stance (cm)||Stance Setback (mm)||Weight Range (kg)|
|151cm||248||7.4||0||116.2||22.9 / 21.9||54||0||49 - 73|
|154cm||251||7.6||0||118.6||23.2 / 22.2||56||0||54 - 77|
|156cm Wide||259||7.7||0||120.4||23.3 / 22.3||58||0||59 - 82|
|157cm||254||7.8||0||121.0||23.5 / 22.5||60||0||59 - 82|
|159cm Wide||261||7.9||0||123.0||23.5 / 22.5||60||0||64 - 86|
|160cm||257||8.0||0||123.4||23.8 / 22.8||60||0||67 - 91|
|162cm Wide||263||8.1||0||125.6||23.7 / 22.7||60||0||67 - 91|
|163cm||260||8.2||0||125.8||24.1 / 23.1||60||0||73 - 95|
|165cm Wide||267||8.3||0||127.8||24.1 / 23.1||60||0||77 - 100+|
|168cm Wide||269||8.5||0||130.4||24.3 / 23.3||60||0||77 - 100+|
- Not sure which size to get? Check out our snowboard size chart here.
- Not sure if you need a wide board or not? Find out here.
- Want to find out about snowboard cambers and shapes? Click here.
- Want to find out about different types of snowboard edges (magne-traction)? Click here.
- Want to find out about the difference in snowboard bases? Click here.
- Want to find out about snowboard construction? Click here.
We are confident in our products and our sales staff to make sure that you get the best help and gear that are most suitable for your adventures.
We are a local, independently owned store and do not offer ‘change of mind’ refunds (this includes incorrect sizing), however we're happy to offer you a store credit subject to the following conditions:
- Returned within 30 days from the date of purchase (or date of delivery for online orders).
- Proof of purchase included
- The item/s must be sent back in the condition you received it and with the original box and/or packaging in resalable condition, including manufacturer tags where applicable. It is the customers responsibility to ensure all returned items are delivered to Melbourne Snowboard Centre in their original condition.
- We cannot offer returns on any Facemasks, Neckwarmers, Thermals, Socks or Chains due to hygiene and the nature of their use.
Store credits, lasting up to 3 years, will be issued for the amount paid at time of purchase for the particular item being returned. They are issued via email in which you'll receive a 13 digit code that you can use at checkout online or in store.
Unfortunately stock levels vary and we are not able to stock all products in all sizes, which may result in your desired exchange product or size not being available. In the event that your desired exchange product is not in stock, a store credit will be issued.
Should you not want a credit or exchange, in extenuating circumstances Melbourne Snowboard Centre may issue a refund minus a 20% restocking fee.
HOW TO RETURN
Making a return is easy. Please follow the steps below to make the process quick and easy for everyone.
- Fill out & print the following form RETURN FORM. If you are unable to print the return form, a handwritten note with all requested information will suffice.
- Take the time to carefully package your returns. It is the responsibility of the customer to pay costs related to the repair of returned items damaged in shipping due to improper packaging.
- If returning a product in its box, please wrap the box to protect it prior to taping and avoid attaching shipping labels directly to the box. Failure to do so may incur a fee or a reduced value in your store credit.
- Send parcel to the address labelled on the return form (Attach return form, once filled out, to the outside of parcel)
- Once we receive the item via post we will process the store credit to your email. With the store credit, you can repurchase the correct size/item or alternative product of your choosing.
- Exchange requests are not held. If your exchange request is not available our team will issue you with a store credit.
- Customers are responsible for all return postage costs.
- We'll endeavour to have your store credit processed and emailed to you, within 24 hours of receiving your product back in store
- If you have received an incorrect or faulty product please contact us so we can rectify the issue asap.
- Store credits can not be returned and are not redeemable for cash
- Parcels lost in transit to Melbourne Snowboard Centre are the responsibility of the customer, please keep note of your parcels tracking number
An example of how your boxed return should be packed:
An example of how your boxed return should NOT be packed:
If you have received a faulty product or you feel the product you have been using is eligible for a warranty evaluation by the manufacturer due to defect in its materials or workmanship, contact us and we can walk you through the appropriate steps to lodge a warranty claim. Please include photos of the item and issue so we can expedite the process. Find out more on our warranty page.