The 2024 Gnu Free Spirit is what Jamie Anderson trades her competition board for when the snow gets deep. This female-specific short, wide model is made for zipping through the trees, carving up groomers, and floating through deep powder without breaking a sweat. The extended nose and turned up tail of the Free Spirit float effortlessly and power over rough snow, and the short contact points and deep sidecut let you turn hard and fast, plus the naturally wider waist width allows you to size down for more agile performance without sacrificing float or drag-free turns. Take on the mountain with confidence with this eco-friendly freeride masterpiece.
Rider Level: Intermediate - Advanced
Board Type: All Mountain Freeride
Camber Type: C3
Very mild rocker between your feet with powerful camber to the tip and tail. This is Mervins version of traditional camber, offering maximum edge hold, pop, power and precision with extra float and carve.
Flex: 7/10 (1=soft, 10=stiff)
This board has a floaty nose, tapered tail, and a setback stance for effortless float in powder and powerful forward-facing performance.
Core: Unreal G3 Eco
The lightest, environmentally nicest, and smoothest core from Gnu. Combines Aspen, Balsa and Paulownia woods with Triax and Biax alloy glass for a super smooth ride and lighter weight.
Fast and rugged with maximum wax retention.
Mounting Pattern: 2x4 inserts
Eco Sublimated Bio Beans Topsheet - A bio-plastic made from beans. Good for your board, and good for the environment.
UHMW Sidewalls - Tough, fast, and environmentally friendly sidewalls.
Magnetraction - 7 strategically placed serrations along the edges of the board grip onto the snow and hold a strong edge in any condition.
|Contact Length (cm)
|Waist Width (mm)
|Nose/Tail Width (cm)
|Max Stance (cm)
|Weight Range (kg)
|31.0 / 29.3
|45 - 99
|31.2 / 29.5
- Not sure which size to get? Check out our snowboard size chart here.
- Not sure if you need a wide board or not? Find out here.
- Want to find out about snowboard cambers and shapes? Click here.
- Want to find out about different types of snowboard edges (magne-traction)? Click here.
- Want to find out about the difference in snowboard bases? Click here.
- Want to find out about snowboard construction? Click here.
We are confident in our products and our sales staff to make sure that you get the best help and gear that are most suitable for your adventures.
We are a local, independently owned store and do not offer ‘change of mind’ refunds (this includes incorrect sizing), however we're happy to offer you a store credit subject to the following conditions:
- Returned within 30 days from the date of purchase (or date of delivery for online orders).
- Proof of purchase included
- The item/s must be sent back in the condition you received it and with the original box and/or packaging in resalable condition, including manufacturer tags where applicable. It is the customers responsibility to ensure all returned items are delivered to Melbourne Snowboard Centre in their original condition.
- We cannot offer returns on any Facemasks, Neckwarmers, Socks or Chains due to hygiene and the nature of their use.
Store credits, lasting up to 3 years, will be issued for the amount paid at time of purchase for the particular item being returned. They are issued via email in which you'll receive a 13 digit code that you can use at checkout online or in store.
Unfortunately stock levels vary and we are not able to stock all products in all sizes, which may result in your desired exchange product or size not being available. In the event that your desired exchange product is not in stock, a store credit will be issued.
Should you not want a credit or exchange, in extenuating circumstances Melbourne Snowboard Centre may issue a refund minus a 20% restocking fee.