The 2023 Capita Defenders of Awesome (or D.O.A.) has continued its reputation as being one of the most sought after snowboard every year and the number one selling snowboard in the Capita line for seven years. Like its name, everything about this board is awesome; from its responsive hybrid camber profile that will keep you stable underfoot and offer enough pop to jump off and over everything in sight, to its lightweight, high impact resistant core for an increased lifespan, to the harder, faster, stronger Sintered Quantum Drive base that will leave all your friends in the dust as you fly down the mountain. With such a stellar reputation you'd think the rumours couldn't possibly be true, but this board boasts performance and power beyond its price point, and with an unprecedented 7 consecutive Transworld Good Wood awards, the DOA talks a big game and backs it up without question. melbournesnowboard.com.au/products/capita-defenders-of-awesome
*Board graphics are size dependent and cannot be swapped between sizes.
This board is scheduled for delivery to Melbourne Snowboard Centre May 2022. This is an estimated delivery window and is subject to change. You will be notified via email once your board is ready to be collected in store, or once it has been shipped (if being shipped).
Board Type: Park Laps and Everywhere Else
Camber Type: Resort V1 Profile
Positive Camber through the middle of the board with a small section of Flat from after the inserts to the contact points, and small rocker sections in the tip and tail for a catch free ride. This board rides with the pop and great carving skills of a camber board, but you won't dig your nose and tail contact points in quite as hard which means less unexpected bails after landing your tricks.
Flex: 5.5 / 10 (1=soft, 10=stiff)
Great medium flex that can hit big jumps, press rails, and ride all over the mountain.
Shape: True Twin
Constructed the same from nose to tail, this board will ride switch and regular equally well for controlled jumps, landings, turns, and spins.
Blended Radial Sidecut
Blended Radial Sidecuts feature a single radius arc through the midsection of the board combined with a custom designed blend zone at the contact points. Varying the length of these blend zones and tailoring them specifically for certain aspects of riding greatly improves a board’s performance.
Core: P2 Superlight Core
The P2 Superlight Core features internal Poplar strips fused with a more dense and powerful lightweight Paulownia wood through the insert area and along the rails. This is an extremely lightweight and versatile core and is combined with high impact resistance and maximum pop.
Fortress Kevlar Bound Sidewalls - Flyweight Kevlar is laid up above the sidewalls for extra control and power in your turns.
2 x 30mm Carbon Fibre Boosters - Carbon Fibre is laid parallel to the edge along the length of the board for more pop and power with minimal added weight.
Special Blend Fibreglass & Magic Bean Resin - Custom weighted Biaxial top and bottom fiberglass increases strength and durability, which is impregnated with high performance, environmentally responsible, plant based resin.
Base: Quantum Drive Base
Harder, faster and stronger than their normal sintered base, this base will keep you zooming.
- Multitech Level 5 DeepSpace Silkscreen +PAM 16000 Topsheet with Metallic Underlay
- Multitech PAM16000 + Silkscreen Base
- PLT Topsheet Technology
- 360 Degree HRC48 Steel Edges
- Full ABS1000 Sidewalls
- Stainless Steel 4x2 Inserts
|Length (cm)||Effective Edge (mm)||Waist (mm)||Nose / Tail (cm)||Sidecut (m)||Max Stance (cm)||Weight Range (kg)|
|148||1176||244||28.7||7.6||61.3||40 - 68|
|150||1191||246||29.0||7.7||61.3||45 - 68|
|152||1207||248||29.2||7.8||63.9||50 - 68|
|154||1222||250||29.5||7.9||63.9||54 - 81|
|156||1233||252||29.8||8.0||63.9||59 - 86|
|158||1256||254||30.0||8.1||66.4||63 - 90|
|160||1270||257||30.4||8.2||66.4||72 - 100+|
|162||1287||159||30.6||8.3||66.4||82 - 110+|
|153 Wide||1185||256||29.9||8.0||63.9||54 - 81|
|155 Wide||1205||258||30.2||8.1||63.9||59 - 86|
|157 Wide||1239||260||30.5||8.2||66.4||59 - 86|
|159 Wide||1259||261||30.7||8.2||66.4||63 - 90|
|161 Wide||1280||262||30.9||8.3||66.4||72 - 100+|
|163 Wide||1294||263||31.1||8.4||66.4||77 - 104+|
- Not sure which size to get? Check out our snowboard size chart here.
- Not sure if you need a wide board or not? Find out here.
- Want to find out about snowboard cambers and shapes? Click here.
- Want to find out about different types of snowboard edges (magne-traction)? Click here.
- Want to find out about the difference in snowboard bases? Click here.
- Want to find out about snowboard construction? Click here.
We are confident in our products and our sales staff to make sure that you get the best help and gear that are most suitable for your adventures.
We are a local, independently owned store and do not offer ‘change of mind’ refunds (this includes incorrect sizing) however we're happy to offer you a store credit subject to the following conditions:
- Returned within 30 days from the date of purchase (or date of delivery for online orders).
- Proof of purchase included
- The item/s must be sent back in the condition you received it and with the original box and/or packaging in resalable condition, including manufacturer tags where applicable. It is the customers responsibility to ensure all returned items are delivered to Melbourne Snowboard Centre in their original condition.
- We cannot offer returns on any Facemasks, Neckwarmers, Thermals, Socks or Chains due to hygiene and the nature of their use.
Store credits, lasting up to 3 years, will be issued for the amount paid at time of purchase for the particular item being returned. They are issued via email in which you'll receive a 13 digit code that you can use at checkout online or in store.
Should you not want a credit or exchange, in extenuating circumstances Melbourne Snowboard Centre may issue a refund minus a 20% restocking fee.
HOW TO RETURN
Making a return is easy. Please follow the steps below to make the process quick and easy for everyone.
- Fill out & print the following form RETURN FORM. If you are unable to print the return form, a handwritten note with all requested information will suffice.
- Take the time to carefully package your returns. It is the responsibility of the customer to pay costs related to the repair of returned items damaged in shipping due to improper packaging.
- If returning a product in its box, please wrap the box to protect it prior to taping and avoid attaching shipping labels directly to the box. Failure to do so may incur a fee or a reduced value in your store credit.
- Send parcel to the address labelled on the return form (Attach return form, once filled out, to the outside of parcel)
- Once we receive the item via post we will process the store credit to your email. With the store credit, you can repurchase the correct size/item or alternative product of your choosing.
- Exchange requests are not held. If your exchange request is not available our team will issue you with a store credit.
- Customers are responsible for all return postage costs.
- We'll endeavour to have your store credit processed and emailed to you, within 24 hours of receiving your product back in store
- If you have received an incorrect or faulty product please contact us so we can rectify the issue asap.
- Store credits can not be returned and are not redeemable for cash
- Parcels lost in transit to Melbourne Snowboard Centre are the responsibility of the customer, please keep note of your parcels tracking number
An example of how your boxed return should be packed:
An example of how your boxed return should NOT be packed:
If you have received a faulty product or you feel the product you have been using is eligible for a warranty evaluation by the manufacturer due to defect in its materials or workmanship, contact us and we can walk you through the appropriate steps to lodge a warranty claim. Please include photos of the item and issue so we can expedite the process. Find out more on our warranty page.