The 2019 Union Ultra was developed with one thing in mind; uncompromised board flex and true board feel. Designed by Gigi Ruf and ridden by Torstein Horgmo, the Ultra is the pinnacle of all-mountain versatility and performance and is the supercar of the binding world, utilising Unions latest and most impressive tech (some actually found on supercars), making it incredibly light and responsive while still maintaining a surfy and smooth ride, which is why Torstein chooses it for every aspect of snowboarding, whether it be street, park, or backcountry. The Ultra gets its surfy feel and cushioning from the Vaporlite 2.0 foam (an evolution of the foam found in high-end running shoes), and combined with the ultra-lightweight and responsive Forged Carbon highback, you've got a binding that preserves the true and natural flex of your board while still providing instant response. The Ultra lives up to its name, offering ultra performance and ultra good looks in an ultra lightweight binding.
Binding Type: High End All Mountain
Flex (1 - Soft / 10 - Stiff):
Board Compatibility: This binding comes with a mini-disk that is compatible with 2x4 inserts, and the Channel binding mounting systems.
Base Plate: Duraflex CB - MD
The Duraflex CB - MD base contains Duraflex that was specifically designed to maintain consistent flex in a wide variety of colder temperatures, plus is lighter and considerably stiffer than typical fibreglass injected nylon parts.
High Back: Forged Carbon
Forged Carbon is the lightest and strongest material on the market. It will deliver absolute performance and lighting fast response, along with being incredibly strong and lightweight.
Buckles: Magnesium 3.0 Ratchets
A construction process completely unique to Union allows them to make their ratchets out of Magnesium, resulting in a product that is 4 times stronger than aluminium while being half the weight. Not only that, it's easily recycled so the environment benefits too. The 3.0 version is new for 2019, and is even lighter and sleeker than before.
Straps: Forma Elite Ankle Strap + Hexgrip Toe Strap
The 2019 Ultra features the all new Forma Elite ankle strap, designed by Travis Rice to be minimalistic but offer maximum performance and weight reduction. The Hexgrip toe strap offers multi-positional options and is made from a thermoplastic non-slip material to keep you securely locked in, plus is the lightest toe strap in the Union range.
Cushioning: Non-Stick Vaporlite 2.0 Bushings
Vaporlite 2.0 is the evolution of closed-cell foam, and is commonly found in high-end running shoes because of its incredible durability and damping abilities in all temperatures, which helps create a smoother, more natural ride. New for the 2019 range, Union have added a non-stick coating to their EVA dampening systems, which helps to prevent the build up of snow and ice on your footbeds and highbacks.
Extruded 3D Aluminium Heelcups:
This heelcup increased the stiffness of the binding, increases response, and is adjustable to help you dial in the perfect fit.
Quick Adjust Forward Lean:
No tools needed for this one, just flick the tab down and slide the panel for more response or a looser feeling ride on the fly.
|US Unisex||5 - 8||7 - 10||10+|
|US Womens||6 - 9||8 - 11|
|UK||4 - 7||6 - 9||9+|
|Mondo||23 - 26||25 - 28||28+|
|Euro||37 - 41||40 - 43||43+|
We are confident in our products and our sales staff to make sure that you get the best help and gear that are most suitable for your adventures.
We are a local, independently owned store and do not offer ‘change of mind’ refunds (this includes incorrect sizing) however we're happy to offer you a store credit subject to the following conditions:
- Returned within 30 days from the date of purchase (or date of delivery for online orders).
- Proof of purchase included
- The item/s must be sent back in the condition you received it and with the original box and/or packaging in resalable condition, including manufacturer tags where applicable. It is the customers responsibility to ensure all returned items are delivered to Melbourne Snowboard Centre in their original condition.
- We cannot offer returns on any Facemasks, Neckwarmers, Thermals, Socks or Chains due to hygiene and the nature of their use.
Store credits, lasting up to 3 years, will be issued for the amount paid at time of purchase for the particular item being returned. They are issued via email in which you'll receive a 13 digit code that you can use at checkout online or in store.
Should you not want a credit or exchange, in extenuating circumstances Melbourne Snowboard Centre may issue a refund minus a 20% restocking fee.
Making a return is easy. Please follow the steps below to make the process quick and easy for everyone.
- Fill out & print the following form RETURN FORM. If you are unable to print the return form, a handwritten note with all requested information will suffice.
- Take the time to carefully package your returns. It is the responsibility of the customer to pay costs related to the repair of returned items damaged in shipping due to improper packaging.
- If returning a product in its box, please wrap the box to protect it prior to taping and avoid attaching shipping labels directly to the box. Failure to do so may incur a fee or a reduced value in your store credit.
- Send parcel to the address labelled on the return form (Attach return form, once filled out, to the outside of parcel)
- Once we receive the item via post we will process the store credit to your email. With the store credit, you can repurchase the correct size/item or alternative product of your choosing.
- Customers are responsible for all return postage costs.
- We'll endeavour to have your store credit processed and emailed to you, within 24 hours of receiving your product back in store
- If you have received an incorrect or faulty product please contact us so we can rectify the issue asap.
An example of how your boxed return should be packed:
An example of how your boxed return should NOT be packed:
If you have received a faulty product or you feel the product you have been using is eligible for a warranty evaluation by the manufacturer due to defect in its materials or workmanship, contact us and we can walk you through the appropriate steps to lodge a warranty claim. Please include photos of the item and issue so we can expedite the process. Find out more on our warranty page.