The 2021 Union Strata is raising the bar and changing what you should expect from a snowboard binding. Made especially for Union pro Torstein Horgmo (and functioning as a new Union Team binding), the Strata features brand new components and materials unique to this binding, never before seen in the snowboard industry. This makes the Strata light, powerful, and extremely smooth, while still performing at the top level in the park and all over the mountain. Torstein rides incredibly hard in the streets, the park, the resort, and in the backcountry, so you can be confident that the Strata can handle anything you throw at it, and more.
Binding Type: All Mountain
Flex (1 - Soft / 10 - Stiff):
Highback: 7 / 10
Baseplate: 6 / 10
Straps: 6 / 10
Board Compatibility: This Union binding comes with a mini disc, compatible with 2x4 and channel binding mounting systems.
Base Plate: Stage VI Direct Inject Duraflex ST
Made out of Duraflex blended Nylon specifically designed for colder temperatures, Duraflex ST offers unsurpassed levels of strength and longevity. This microfuse injected Stage 6 base is Unions lightest and strongest base to date, and is extremely responsive.
High Back: Strata Highback
The all new Strata highback is incredibly light, with just the right amount of flex for riding in the park and good response all over the mountain. Featuring an asymmetrical design and flex, this highback is stiffer on the outside for stronger response and softer on the inside so you can really tweak those grabs without losing control when you touch back down.
Buckles: Magnesium Ratchets
A construction process completely unique to Union allows them to make their ratchets out of Magnesium, resulting in a product that is 4 times stronger than aluminium while being half the weight. Not only that, it's easily recycled so the environment benefits too.
Straps: Forma LAB + HexGrip w/ Secure-Lock Toe Straps
The Forma LAB Ankle strap is incredibly lightweight, comfortable, and supportive. Featuring an asymmetric design with strategically placed padding and a weight reducing window surrounded by rigid support on the lateral side, this strap provides supreme performance and comfort with minimal weight.
The HexGrip strap provides security and comfort with reduced weight, materials, and a better boot to binding connection, while the secure-lock system on the toe strap doubles the connection strength, so your bindings are more durable and dependable than ever.
Cushioning: OTE Fused Vaporlite Bushings
An industry-first fused bushing system that sets a new standard for how a snowboard binding should function and perform. These bushings use an injection moulding process (similar to the way plastic parts are created) making them more waterproof, durable, and precise than any other EVA material on the market. This is next level binding tech that absorbs chatter like no other while maintaining the natural flex of your board.
Extruded 3D Aluminium Heelcups:
This heelcup increases the stiffness of the binding, increases response, and is adjustable to help you dial in the perfect fit.
Multi-positional, durable, and simple highback adjustment.
Grade 8.8 Hardware:
Union ensure their hardware is reliable by using the strongest steel available on the market.
Tool-less strap adjust:
Whether you're letting a friend borrow your bindings or you just need to fine tune your fit, you can adjust your straps on the fly without the need for tools.
The footbed of this binding is angled to better align your joints and provide a more natural feeling, less fatiguing ride.
|US Unisex||5 - 8||7 - 10||10+|
|US Womens||6 - 9||8 - 11|
|UK||4 - 7||6 - 9||9+|
|Mondo||23 - 26||25 - 28||28+|
|Euro||37 - 41||40 - 43||43+|
We are confident in our products and our sales staff to make sure that you get the best help and gear that are most suitable for your adventures.
We are a local, independently owned store and do not offer ‘change of mind’ refunds (this includes incorrect sizing) however we're happy to offer you a store credit subject to the following conditions:
- Returned within 30 days from the date of purchase (or date of delivery for online orders).
- Proof of purchase included
- The item/s must be sent back in the condition you received it and with the original box and/or packaging in resalable condition, including manufacturer tags where applicable. It is the customers responsibility to ensure all returned items are delivered to Melbourne Snowboard Centre in their original condition.
- We cannot offer returns on any Facemasks, Neckwarmers, Thermals, Socks or Chains due to hygiene and the nature of their use.
Store credits, lasting up to 3 years, will be issued for the amount paid at time of purchase for the particular item being returned. They are issued via email in which you'll receive a 13 digit code that you can use at checkout online or in store.
Making a return is easy. Please follow the steps below to make the process quick and easy for everyone.
- Fill out & print the following form RETURN FORM. If you are unable to print the return form, a handwritten note with all requested information will suffice.
- Take the time to carefully package your returns. It is the responsibility of the customer to pay costs related to the repair of returned items damaged in shipping due to improper packaging.
- If returning a product in its box, please wrap the box to protect it prior to taping and avoid attaching shipping labels directly to the box. Failure to do so may incur a fee or a reduced value in your store credit.
- Send parcel to the address labelled on the return form (Attach return form, once filled out, to the outside of parcel)
- Once we receive the item via post we will process the store credit to your email. With the store credit, you can repurchase the correct size/item or alternative product of your choosing.
- Customers are responsible for all return postage costs.
- We'll endeavour to have your store credit processed and emailed to you, within 24 hours of receiving your product back in store
- If you have received an incorrect or faulty product please contact us so we can rectify the issue asap.
An example of how your boxed return should be packed:
An example of how your boxed return should NOT be packed:
If you have received a faulty product or you feel the product you have been using is eligible for a warranty evaluation by the manufacturer due to defect in its materials or workmanship, contact us and we can walk you through the appropriate steps to lodge a warranty claim. Please include photos of the item and issue so we can expedite the process. Find out more on our warranty page.