The all new 2019 Union Expedition has been completely redesigned to further improve on the groundbreaking Union Expedition series. We could go through the long list of upgrades the 2019 model receives, but all you really need to know is it has a focus on improved touring, change over, and riding connection, and rides like a regular Union binding. The Union Expedition is the top choice for all-mountain and backcountry experts like Travis Rice and Bryan Iguchi, and no wonder, for splitboard performance without looking or feeling like a splitboard binding, the Union Expedition is unrivalled in the market.
Binding Type: Splitboard
Highback: 7 / 10
Baseplate: 7 / 10
Straps: 8 / 10
Board Compatibility: Compatible with Voile mounting systems.
Baseplate: Duraflex ST SP1 Base
Once injected with Duraflex ST Nylon, the Sp1 Expedition base becomes stiffer and more aggressive. Developed and rigorously tested by Travis Rice and Bryan Iguchi.
Highback: Force EXP Highback
These highbacks have been designed specifically for touring. Responsive, light and durable. Just what you need for a premium splitboarding experience.
Buckles: Magnesium 3.0
A construction process completely unique to Union allows them to make their ratchets out of Magnesium, resulting in a product that is 4 times stronger than aluminium while being half the weight. Not only that, it's easily recycled so the environment benefits too. The 3.0 is a lighter and more sleek upgrade.
Straps: Forma Ankle Strap + Ultragrip Toe Straps
New and improved, the design of the Forma Ankle Strap produces strength and rapid response on the outside, with fit and pillowed comfort on the inside. The Ultragrip Toe Straps provide multi-positional options and the thermoplastic anti-slip material keeps you locked in and on point.
Cushioning: Synthetic EVA w/ Non-Stick Gas Pedal
These EVA bushings are shock absorbing, durable, and provide a true and even board flex. The gas pedal on this baseplate is non-stick and sheds water and snow to prevent ice buildup under your boots.
Extruded 3D Aluminium Heelcups:
This heelcup increased the stiffness of the binding, increases response, and is adjustable to help you dial in the perfect fit.
Grade 8.8 Hardware:
Union ensure their hardware is reliable by using the strongest steel available on the market.
Tool-less strap adjust:
Whether you're letting a friend borrow your bindings or you just need to fine tune your fit, you can adjust your straps on the fly without the need for tools.
|US Unisex||5 - 8||7 - 10||10+|
|US Womens||6 - 9||8 - 11|
|UK||4 - 7||6 - 9||9+|
|Mondo||23 - 26||25 - 28||28+|
|Euro||37 - 41||40 - 43||43+|
We have extended our return period until 10/1/22 for all orders placed on or after 20/11/21. Our usual return policy applies, however you will be able to shop with confidence knowing that you have over 2 weeks after Christmas day to return your items.
We are confident in our products and our sales staff to make sure that you get the best help and gear that are most suitable for your adventures.
We are a local, independently owned store and do not offer ‘change of mind’ refunds (this includes incorrect sizing) however we're happy to offer you a store credit subject to the following conditions:
- Returned within 30 days from the date of purchase (or date of delivery for online orders).
- Proof of purchase included
- The item/s must be sent back in the condition you received it and with the original box and/or packaging in resalable condition, including manufacturer tags where applicable. It is the customers responsibility to ensure all returned items are delivered to Melbourne Snowboard Centre in their original condition.
- We cannot offer returns on any Facemasks, Neckwarmers, Thermals, Socks or Chains due to hygiene and the nature of their use.
Store credits, lasting up to 3 years, will be issued for the amount paid at time of purchase for the particular item being returned. They are issued via email in which you'll receive a 13 digit code that you can use at checkout online or in store.
Should you not want a credit or exchange, in extenuating circumstances Melbourne Snowboard Centre may issue a refund minus a 20% restocking fee.
HOW TO RETURN
Making a return is easy. Please follow the steps below to make the process quick and easy for everyone.
- Fill out & print the following form RETURN FORM. If you are unable to print the return form, a handwritten note with all requested information will suffice.
- Take the time to carefully package your returns. It is the responsibility of the customer to pay costs related to the repair of returned items damaged in shipping due to improper packaging.
- If returning a product in its box, please wrap the box to protect it prior to taping and avoid attaching shipping labels directly to the box. Failure to do so may incur a fee or a reduced value in your store credit.
- Send parcel to the address labelled on the return form (Attach return form, once filled out, to the outside of parcel)
- Once we receive the item via post we will process the store credit to your email. With the store credit, you can repurchase the correct size/item or alternative product of your choosing.
- Exchange requests are not held. If your exchange request is not available our team will issue you with a store credit.
- Customers are responsible for all return postage costs.
- We'll endeavour to have your store credit processed and emailed to you, within 24 hours of receiving your product back in store
- If you have received an incorrect or faulty product please contact us so we can rectify the issue asap.
- Store credits can not be returned and are not redeemable for cash
- Parcels lost in transit to Melbourne Snowboard Centre are the responsibility of the customer, please keep note of your parcels tracking number
An example of how your boxed return should be packed:
An example of how your boxed return should NOT be packed:
If you have received a faulty product or you feel the product you have been using is eligible for a warranty evaluation by the manufacturer due to defect in its materials or workmanship, contact us and we can walk you through the appropriate steps to lodge a warranty claim. Please include photos of the item and issue so we can expedite the process. Find out more on our warranty page.