The Spark R&D Surge 2022 splitboard binding is a stiff and powerful binding made with premium construction designed for big days, big mountains, and aggressive riding. Featuring a solid baseplate design paired with a stiffer highback and more supportive ankle straps, the Surge gives riders greater control and elevated response in more demanding terrain. When it comes to long, demanding hikes and backcountry mission, every gram saved helps you go further for longer, so the Surge features higher grade aluminium in the heel loops to make them thinner and lighter, 7 custom made screws and hardware pieces, and hollowed out steel pivot pins to shave precious grams.
Binding Type: Backcountry / Splitboard
Board Compatibility: Compatible with splitboards using Spark pucks, Spark canted pucks, or Voile pucks.
Weight: 599g per binding
High Back: Rip 'N' Flip
The Rip N Flip Highback on the Surge Pro has been designed with reference to 3D scans of popular splitboard boot models to ensure the best possible fit for hardcore tourers. Constructed from carbon reinforced nylon in a ratio designed for a stiff ride and maximum response, this highback delivers quick edge to edge control and high performance for aggressive riders. It also features a tool free forward lean adjuster for customisable forward lean from 0° to 22° in ride mode, and toggles between forward lean and -13° touring position for easy transitions.
Buckles: Bomber Buckles
Ladders and adjusters are produced in house with Pebax premium thermoplastics that are 20% lighter than the standard material and maintain flex over a wide temperature range, performing well from spring tours to mid-winter missions. Spark bindings feature Burtons Bomber Buckles, which have passed the test of time and ensure reliability.
Straps: Pillow Line Straps
Surge Pebax Pillow Line Straps are made with Pebax plastics, a premium material most often found in high end ski boots. Renowned for its consistent stiffness and improved toughness in cold conditions, it is also 20% lighter than traditional plastic. Ultra durable, comfortable, waterproof, and made completely in-house, the Pillow line straps are painstakingly designed for a comfortable fit as well as fast and consistent response. Surge ankle straps have a wide, asymmetrical footprint around the boot for incredible all round support. The Toe strap features over the top and cap strap functionality.
Whammy Bar Climbing Wire:
A single fatty climbing wire is built into the baseplate with a side arm lever for easy position changes. Easily switch between stowed, low (12°), and high (18°) and back again.
Snap Ramps, Touring Brackets, and Pivot Pins:
T1 System bindings slide sideways into the offset Tesla touring bracket and are locked into place with a snap ramp, negating the need for pins and cables. Integrated Ibex crampon mounting claws on touring brackets make for quick and easy installation and removal. Pivot pins have been hollowed out and are 33% lighter than standard pins.
Slide them on and snap the ramp down, or snap the ramp up and slide them off, regardless of whether you're putting them on or taking them off, it'll be super easy and quick. When used with Arc bindings you'll be able to conveniently access puck screws with the bindings in place for precise stance adjustment.
T1 Heel Rest:
The T1 Heel Rest catches the climbing wire in the 12° and 18° positions and is specifically designed to hold the T1 step locker in place.
|US Mens||<8||8 - 10.5||11+|
|Mondo||<25||25 - 27.5||28+|
|Euro||<40||40 - 43||43.5+|
Need to know how to setup your board? Click here to view the Setup Guide
We are confident in our products and our sales staff to make sure that you get the best help and gear that are most suitable for your adventures.
We are a local, independently owned store and do not offer ‘change of mind’ refunds (this includes incorrect sizing) however we're happy to offer you a store credit subject to the following conditions:
- Returned within 30 days from the date of purchase (or date of delivery for online orders).
- Proof of purchase included
- The item/s must be sent back in the condition you received it and with the original box and/or packaging in resalable condition, including manufacturer tags where applicable. It is the customers responsibility to ensure all returned items are delivered to Melbourne Snowboard Centre in their original condition.
- We cannot offer returns on any Facemasks, Neckwarmers, Thermals, Socks or Chains due to hygiene and the nature of their use.
Store credits, lasting up to 3 years, will be issued for the amount paid at time of purchase for the particular item being returned. They are issued via email in which you'll receive a 13 digit code that you can use at checkout online or in store.
Should you not want a credit or exchange, in extenuating circumstances Melbourne Snowboard Centre may issue a refund minus a 20% restocking fee.
HOW TO RETURN
Making a return is easy. Please follow the steps below to make the process quick and easy for everyone.
- Fill out & print the following form RETURN FORM. If you are unable to print the return form, a handwritten note with all requested information will suffice.
- Take the time to carefully package your returns. It is the responsibility of the customer to pay costs related to the repair of returned items damaged in shipping due to improper packaging.
- If returning a product in its box, please wrap the box to protect it prior to taping and avoid attaching shipping labels directly to the box. Failure to do so may incur a fee or a reduced value in your store credit.
- Send parcel to the address labelled on the return form (Attach return form, once filled out, to the outside of parcel)
- Once we receive the item via post we will process the store credit to your email. With the store credit, you can repurchase the correct size/item or alternative product of your choosing.
- Exchange requests are not held. If your exchange request is not available our team will issue you with a store credit.
- Customers are responsible for all return postage costs.
- We'll endeavour to have your store credit processed and emailed to you, within 24 hours of receiving your product back in store
- If you have received an incorrect or faulty product please contact us so we can rectify the issue asap.
- Store credits can not be returned and are not redeemable for cash
- Parcels lost in transit to Melbourne Snowboard Centre are the responsibility of the customer, please keep note of your parcels tracking number
An example of how your boxed return should be packed:
An example of how your boxed return should NOT be packed:
If you have received a faulty product or you feel the product you have been using is eligible for a warranty evaluation by the manufacturer due to defect in its materials or workmanship, contact us and we can walk you through the appropriate steps to lodge a warranty claim. Please include photos of the item and issue so we can expedite the process. Find out more on our warranty page.