The Smokin Shoma Takao is the pro model for Smokins' newest family member. If you aren't familiar with this dude, you totally should be because he rips. As a leader of street snowboarding, this board encompasses the CTX rocker profiling, and combines it with all the premium Smokin tech features. We're talking Magne-Traction, PopGnarly, VDFLU strength and a 6K sintered base. Get creative on the hill, in the park, and on the streets, with this stable yet super playful ride. And if you haven't already, make sure you check out Shoma Takao for some serious street inspo!
Our staff member Alex used to build the boards in the factory and knows first hand how freaking amazing these things are. Just ask him!
Board Type: All Mountain and Park
Camber Type: CTX (We call it Moustache Camber)
CTX is one of the most popular camber profiles on the market today, but it's the little things that make Smokin's version work so damn well. Reverse between the feet, with camber in the nose and tail in a flattened line, give you the power and pop of traditional camber with the catch-free ease of reverse camber.
Flex: Medium 5/10 (1=soft, 10=stiff)
Best for the Intermediate Advance rider who wants a board that will handle aggressive all mountain free-riding but can also be playful in the park.
Shape: True Twin
Ride regular, switch or upside down and you are in for a good time. If you were to fold this board in half, you would find perfect symmetry from tip to tail. Jib, spin and stomp with confidence and unmatched balance.
Core: Jib Flex Core
Made entirely from sustainable Aspen Wood, Jib flex is the softest core available in the Smokin range. A super pressable feel that gets it done when riding rails or buttering, but still packs a tonne of pop for all mountain riding.
7 points of contact for unmatched edge hold on hard-pack and ice. Every Smokin board uses Magne-Traction because it freakin works!
Rockwell 48 Hardened Edges: Experience unmatched strength thanks to heat treated edges, which are 1/3 thicker than the industry standard.
Base: Smokin 6000
Smokin uses Sintered 6000 bases which are 1/3 thicker than the industry standard! Experience lightning fast speed, durability, and lasting performance.
- Not sure which size to get? Check out our snowboard size chart here.
- Not sure if you need a wide board or not? Find out here.
- Want to find out about snowboard cambers and shapes? Click here.
- Want to find out about different types of snowboard edges (magne-traction)? Click here.
- Want to find out about the difference in snowboard bases? Click here.
- Want to find out about snowboard construction? Click here.
We are confident in our products and our sales staff to make sure that you get the best help and gear that are most suitable for your adventures.
We are a local, independently owned store and do not offer ‘change of mind’ refunds (this includes incorrect sizing) however we're happy to offer you a store credit subject to the following conditions:
- Returned within 30 days from the date of purchase (or date of delivery for online orders).
- Proof of purchase included
- The item/s must be sent back in the condition you received it and with the original box and/or packaging in resalable condition, including manufacturer tags where applicable. It is the customers responsibility to ensure all returned items are delivered to Melbourne Snowboard Centre in their original condition.
- We cannot offer returns on any Facemasks, Neckwarmers, Thermals, Socks or Chains due to hygiene and the nature of their use.
Store credits, lasting up to 3 years, will be issued for the amount paid at time of purchase for the particular item being returned. They are issued via email in which you'll receive a 13 digit code that you can use at checkout online or in store.
Making a return is easy. Please follow the steps below to make the process quick and easy for everyone.
- Fill out & print the following form RETURN FORM. If you are unable to print the return form, a handwritten note with all requested information will suffice.
- Take the time to carefully package your returns. It is the responsibility of the customer to pay costs related to the repair of returned items damaged in shipping due to improper packaging.
- If returning a product in its box, please wrap the box to protect it prior to taping and avoid attaching shipping labels directly to the box. Failure to do so may incur a fee or a reduced value in your store credit.
- Send parcel to the address labelled on the return form (Attach return form, once filled out, to the outside of parcel)
- Once we receive the item via post we will process the store credit to your email. With the store credit, you can repurchase the correct size/item or alternative product of your choosing.
- Customers are responsible for all return postage costs.
- We'll endeavour to have your store credit processed and emailed to you, within 24 hours of receiving your product back in store
- If you have received an incorrect or faulty product please contact us so we can rectify the issue asap.
An example of how your boxed return should be packed:
An example of how your boxed return should NOT be packed:
If you have received a faulty product or you feel the product you have been using is eligible for a warranty evaluation by the manufacturer due to defect in its materials or workmanship, contact us and we can walk you through the appropriate steps to lodge a warranty claim. Please include photos of the item and issue so we can expedite the process. Find out more on our warranty page.