The 2018 Smokin Awesym aims to correct the mistakes in our bodies and turn us into fine-tuned snowboarding machines. We're not the same back to front, so why should our snowboards be? Featuring an asymmetrical shape and construction, the Awesym turns up the tech and will make your snowboarding come easier and more naturally than ever before. This helps you all over the mountain, with better toe and heelside carves, smoother, more controlled turns, and enhanced park performance. We could bore you with all the tech details (or you could just look below), but the bottom line is this board is super versatile, super fun, and will make you snowboard even better.
Board Type: Freestyle focused all mountain
Camber Type: CTX
A rocker dominant camber combo for a skatey, yet stable ride. Reverse between the feet, with camber in the nose and tail in a flattened line. The result is a board with the power and pop of traditional camber, as well as the catch-free ease of reverse camber.
Flex: 6.5/10 (1=soft, 10=stiff)
Best for the intermediate to advanced rider who wants a board that will handle aggressive, all-mountain free-riding, but can also be playful in the park.
Park Flex - Smokin's most popular flex pattern, the park flex is their most versatile core profile that is designed to be lively, responsive, and stable, while still maintaining pressability.
Shape: Asym Twin
This board is a true twin but has a designated toe and heel edge, so it will ride exactly the same regular or goofy. The asymmetrical shape makes the toe edge longer than the heel, which balances the difference in heel and toe side turning dynamics, making for improved performance.
Core: Asym Certified Renewable Good Wood
Full length Aspen wood core hand picked and sourced from an I.S.C. certified U.S. lumber mill. The asymmetrical core is softer under the heels to dampen your turns and help maintain control.
Base: Sintered 6K Tefloaded Base
Dense, fast, and 1/3 thicker than the industry standard, this base material is the toughest and fastest available. Combine this with Teflon, the slipperiest synthetic on the planet, and you're in for a super quick ride.
3 Stage Dampening - Three layers of dampening to create a vibration free ride that leads to less fatigue and longer board life.
V.D.F.L.U - Variable Desnsity Fiberglass Layup. An extra layer of secret material to reinforce high impact areas for longer board life.
Mello Magnetraction - 7 points of contact along the length of the board increase your grip and edge hold on all snow types.
Pop Gnarly - Natural hemp stringers reduce vibration, absorb impacts, and increase response and pop.
R3 Sustainability - This board has been constructed with the environment in mind, reusing materials and reducing waste wherever possible to reduce our environmental footprint.
Board Lengths: 156cm Wide, 159cm Wide
(156cm Wide) 258mm
(159cm Wide) 262mm
Recommended Rider Weight:
(156cm Wide) 68-90kg
(159cm Wide) 77-99kg
- Not sure which size to get? Check out our snowboard size chart here.
- Not sure if you need a wide board or not? Find out here.
- Want to find out about snowboard cambers and shapes? Click here.
- Want to find out about different types of snowboard edges (magne-traction)? Click here.
- Want to find out about the difference in snowboard bases? Click here.
- Want to find out about snowboard construction? Click here.
Please be aware that during lockdown we are not able to process on the spot exchanges. If Melbourne Snowboard Centre is within your allowed radius you are welcome to return your item for a store credit. We will endeavour to issue your credit as soon as possible.
We are confident in our products and our sales staff to make sure that you get the best help and gear that are most suitable for your adventures.
We are a local, independently owned store and do not offer ‘change of mind’ refunds (this includes incorrect sizing) however we're happy to offer you a store credit subject to the following conditions:
- Returned within 30 days from the date of purchase (or date of delivery for online orders).
- Proof of purchase included
- The item/s must be sent back in the condition you received it and with the original box and/or packaging in resalable condition, including manufacturer tags where applicable. It is the customers responsibility to ensure all returned items are delivered to Melbourne Snowboard Centre in their original condition.
- We cannot offer returns on any Facemasks, Neckwarmers, Thermals, Socks or Chains due to hygiene and the nature of their use.
Store credits, lasting up to 3 years, will be issued for the amount paid at time of purchase for the particular item being returned. They are issued via email in which you'll receive a 13 digit code that you can use at checkout online or in store.
Should you not want a credit or exchange, in extenuating circumstances Melbourne Snowboard Centre may issue a refund minus a 20% restocking fee.
HOW TO RETURN
Making a return is easy. Please follow the steps below to make the process quick and easy for everyone.
- Fill out & print the following form RETURN FORM. If you are unable to print the return form, a handwritten note with all requested information will suffice.
- Take the time to carefully package your returns. It is the responsibility of the customer to pay costs related to the repair of returned items damaged in shipping due to improper packaging.
- If returning a product in its box, please wrap the box to protect it prior to taping and avoid attaching shipping labels directly to the box. Failure to do so may incur a fee or a reduced value in your store credit.
- Send parcel to the address labelled on the return form (Attach return form, once filled out, to the outside of parcel)
- Once we receive the item via post we will process the store credit to your email. With the store credit, you can repurchase the correct size/item or alternative product of your choosing.
- Exchange requests are not held. If your exchange request is not available our team will issue you with a store credit.
- Customers are responsible for all return postage costs.
- We'll endeavour to have your store credit processed and emailed to you, within 24 hours of receiving your product back in store
- If you have received an incorrect or faulty product please contact us so we can rectify the issue asap.
- Store credits can not be returned and are not redeemable for cash
- Parcels lost in transit to Melbourne Snowboard Centre are the responsibility of the customer, please keep note of your parcels tracking number
An example of how your boxed return should be packed:
An example of how your boxed return should NOT be packed:
If you have received a faulty product or you feel the product you have been using is eligible for a warranty evaluation by the manufacturer due to defect in its materials or workmanship, contact us and we can walk you through the appropriate steps to lodge a warranty claim. Please include photos of the item and issue so we can expedite the process. Find out more on our warranty page.