The 2019 Salomon Ultimate Ride is the ultimate ride by name and by nature. Designed by Bode Merill to be his quiver killer, the Ultimate Ride is an aggressive do-everything freestyle snowboard that caters to every possible type of snowboarding. It destroys powder, carves up the groomers, sends it off jumps, and even locks down street rails like it was a pure park board. The special nose and tail shape give you extra float in powder, but the shape is actually a true twin between the contact points so you can ride it switch and you'll never notice a difference on edge. Taking out the Best Tranny Board award and the coveted Best Overall Board award in the Snowboard Magazine Black Board Experiment, the Ultimate Ride is the perfect board for any aggressive rider, regardless of where they ride. If you pick up the Ultimate Ride though, it'd be rude not to ride it everywhere.
Board Type: All Mountain Everything
Camber Type: Quad Camber
A mostly traditional camber profile with exaggerated camber underfoot leading into small rocker zones at the contact points. This gives you extra pop with less catch.
Flex: 9/10 (1 = soft, 10 = stiff)
A stiff flex for powerful riding and strong stability.
Shape: True Twin
True Twin boards are constructed exactly the same from tip to tail for identical performance in both switch and regular.
Quadralizer Sidecut - The Quadralizer sidecut takes Salomons signature straight line Equalizer sidecut and makes it quadratic, which enhances edge grip, agility, and allows you to perform both big arcing carves and tight aggressive turns.
Core: Ghost Green Core
The Ghost Green Core consists of specially selected components designed for maximum pop and minimum weight, in addition to sustainable Paulownia wood for further weight reduction.
Base: Sintered EG
High speed and good wax retention, so you can go faster for longer. The Sintered EG base has an Electra finish for turbocharged glide and Gallium for extra impact resistance.
Area 51 - Area 51 is a sintered base laced with a super secret wax formula and a specially engineered factory finish for long lasting speed and durability.
Popster - A specially shaped core profile gives your ollies extra snap, like the feeling of when you ollie on a skateboard.
Triax/BA MD Glass - Triaxial Fibreglass that increases durability and stability, plus Medium Density fibreglass that guarantees consistent quality and light, lively performance.
Gunslinger Sidewalls - Carbon inlays run the entire length of the board in the sidewalls, reducing chatter and increasing response.
All Mountain Edge Bevel - Pre-tuned edges for strong edge hold with less catch.
Ghost Carbon Beam - Two carbon beams inserted the tip and tail of the board provide maximum pop for powerful ollies and increased stability at speed.
Boards Lengths: 155cm, 158cm, 161cm
Stance Set Back: 0mm
Recommended Rider Weight:
- Not sure which size to get? Check out our snowboard size chart here.
- Not sure if you need a wide board or not? Find out here.
- Want to find out about snowboard cambers and shapes? Click here.
- Want to find out about different types of snowboard edges (magne-traction)? Click here.
- Want to find out about the difference in snowboard bases? Click here.
- Want to find out about snowboard construction? Click here.
We are confident in our products and our sales staff to make sure that you get the best help and gear that are most suitable for your adventures.
We are a local, independently owned store and do not offer ‘change of mind’ refunds (this includes incorrect sizing) however we're happy to offer you a store credit subject to the following conditions:
- Returned within 30 days from the date of purchase (or date of delivery for online orders).
- Proof of purchase included
- The item/s must be sent back in the condition you received it and with the original box and/or packaging in resalable condition, including manufacturer tags where applicable. It is the customers responsibility to ensure all returned items are delivered to Melbourne Snowboard Centre in their original condition.
- We cannot offer returns on any Facemasks, Neckwarmers, Thermals, Socks or Chains due to hygiene and the nature of their use.
Store credits, lasting up to 3 years, will be issued for the amount paid at time of purchase for the particular item being returned. They are issued via email in which you'll receive a 13 digit code that you can use at checkout online or in store.
Making a return is easy. Please follow the steps below to make the process quick and easy for everyone.
- Fill out & print the following form RETURN FORM. If you are unable to print the return form, a handwritten note with all requested information will suffice.
- Take the time to carefully package your returns. It is the responsibility of the customer to pay costs related to the repair of returned items damaged in shipping due to improper packaging.
- If returning a product in its box, please wrap the box to protect it prior to taping and avoid attaching shipping labels directly to the box. Failure to do so may incur a fee or a reduced value in your store credit.
- Send parcel to the address labelled on the return form (Attach return form, once filled out, to the outside of parcel)
- Once we receive the item via post we will process the store credit to your email. With the store credit, you can repurchase the correct size/item or alternative product of your choosing.
- Customers are responsible for all return postage costs.
- We'll endeavour to have your store credit processed and emailed to you, within 24 hours of receiving your product back in store
- If you have received an incorrect or faulty product please contact us so we can rectify the issue asap.
An example of how your boxed return should be packed:
An example of how your boxed return should NOT be packed:
If you have received a faulty product or you feel the product you have been using is eligible for a warranty evaluation by the manufacturer due to defect in its materials or workmanship, contact us and we can walk you through the appropriate steps to lodge a warranty claim. Please include photos of the item and issue so we can expedite the process. Find out more on our warranty page.