The 2019 Salomon Super 8 is a freeride warrior, inspired by Wolle Nyvelts surfy style and Josh Dirksens carving prowess. Featuring a wider design as standard and a directional freeride-focused camber profile, the Super 8 puts power under your back foot and float in your nose for a surfy feeling in powder and a strong, speedy ride on hardpack. The Super 8 will provide effortless float, powerful carves, and non-stop good times regardless of whether you're slashing waist deep powder in Japan or tearing up the groomers at your home mountain.
Board Type: Powder and Groomers
Camber Type: Backseat Camber
Camber under your back foot and a flat section in the nose gives you the pop and stability of camber on groomers, with a surfy feeling and extra float in powder.
Rocket Science - Extra rocker zones placed in the tip and tail of Salomons more stable and manoeuvrable boards for more playfulness.
Flex: 7/10 (1 = soft, 10 = stiff)
A mid-stiff flex that offers all mountain versatility and stability at speed and in powder.
Shape: Tapered Twin
This board rides like a true twin but has a floatier nose and tapered tail for the performance of a powder board, with the freestyle abilities of a twin.
Quadratic Sidecut - A blend of different curves that create fluid and precise turns and more natural edge control.
Core: Aspen Select Core
A full Aspen wood core with every piece being hand selected for unrivalled quality.
High speed and good wax retention, so you can go faster for longer.
Popster - A specially shaped core profile gives your ollies extra snap, like the feeling of when you ollie on a skateboard.
Ghost Basalt Stringers - Basalt stringers sewn into a layer of Triax fibreglass, giving the board more pop, control, and dampening at speed, along with easy manoeuvrability when you're taking it easy.
Royal Rubber Pads - Extra thick rubber pads inserted into the sidewalls to reduce fatigue and dampen vibrations.
All Mountain Edge Bevel - Pre-tuned edges for strong edge hold with less catch.
BA MD Glass - Medium Density fibreglass that guarantees consistent quality and light, lively performance.
Boards Lengths: 157cm, 160cm, 163cm
Stance Set Back: 15mm
Recommended Rider Weight:
- Not sure which size to get? Check out our snowboard size chart here.
- Not sure if you need a wide board or not? Find out here.
- Want to find out about snowboard cambers and shapes? Click here.
- Want to find out about different types of snowboard edges (magne-traction)? Click here.
- Want to find out about the difference in snowboard bases? Click here.
- Want to find out about snowboard construction? Click here.
We are confident in our products and our sales staff to make sure that you get the best help and gear that are most suitable for your adventures.
We are a local, independently owned store and do not offer ‘change of mind’ refunds (this includes incorrect sizing) however we're happy to offer you a store credit subject to the following conditions:
- Returned within 30 days from the date of purchase (or date of delivery for online orders).
- Proof of purchase included
- The item/s must be sent back in the condition you received it and with the original box and/or packaging in resalable condition, including manufacturer tags where applicable. It is the customers responsibility to ensure all returned items are delivered to Melbourne Snowboard Centre in their original condition.
- We cannot offer returns on any Facemasks, Neckwarmers, Thermals, Socks or Chains due to hygiene and the nature of their use.
Store credits, lasting up to 3 years, will be issued for the amount paid at time of purchase for the particular item being returned. They are issued via email in which you'll receive a 13 digit code that you can use at checkout online or in store.
Making a return is easy. Please follow the steps below to make the process quick and easy for everyone.
- Fill out & print the following form RETURN FORM. If you are unable to print the return form, a handwritten note with all requested information will suffice.
- Take the time to carefully package your returns. It is the responsibility of the customer to pay costs related to the repair of returned items damaged in shipping due to improper packaging.
- If returning a product in its box, please wrap the box to protect it prior to taping and avoid attaching shipping labels directly to the box. Failure to do so may incur a fee or a reduced value in your store credit.
- Send parcel to the address labelled on the return form (Attach return form, once filled out, to the outside of parcel)
- Once we receive the item via post we will process the store credit to your email. With the store credit, you can repurchase the correct size/item or alternative product of your choosing.
- Customers are responsible for all return postage costs.
- We'll endeavour to have your store credit processed and emailed to you, within 24 hours of receiving your product back in store
- If you have received an incorrect or faulty product please contact us so we can rectify the issue asap.
An example of how your boxed return should be packed:
An example of how your boxed return should NOT be packed:
If you have received a faulty product or you feel the product you have been using is eligible for a warranty evaluation by the manufacturer due to defect in its materials or workmanship, contact us and we can walk you through the appropriate steps to lodge a warranty claim. Please include photos of the item and issue so we can expedite the process. Find out more on our warranty page.