The 2018 Salomon Gypsy is a ladies freestyle dream machine, turning the whole mountain into your personal snowboard playground. You'll be eating up rails and jumps and taking on side hits like a pro thanks to the true twin shape and mid flex, and the new quadralizer sidecut will have you carving hard with new found speed and confidence. The Gypsy is ridden by Desiree Melancon, who is at the top of the womens freestyle and urban game, and consistently puts up video parts to rival the guys on the scene. Pro level performance in a board that anyone can ride, that's what the Gypsy delivers.
*Base colours are random
Camber Type: Rock Out Camber (We call it Hybrid Camber)
Traditional Camber throughout the board with a big flat spot between the bindings for added stability, response, and edge hold without feeling aggressive, and rocker outside the feet to maximise pressability.
Flex: 5/10 (1=soft, 10=stiff)
A versatile medium flexing board for all mountain and freestyle riding.
Shape: True Twin
True twin through and through. Designed for freestyle minded riders who like to ride switch as often as they ride regular.
Core: Aspen SLCT
Full Aspen wood core with every piece being hand selected for unrivalled quality.
A new blend of flat geometric angles and radial curves from Salomons Equalizer and Quadratic sidecuts, balancing playfulness and precision response for a solid edge thats easy to control. Works similarly to Mervin MFGs Magnetraction technology.
Base: Sintered EG
Fast, durable and holds wax really well. Look after it and it you will reap the rewards. The EG stands fro Electra Gallium, Electra finishes the board for a turbo-charged speed and the gallium strengthens the base for better impact absorption.
Slingshot - Carbon inlays that load energy and enhance response underfoot.
Popster Booster - A shaped profile of the core that makes your board feel more like the snap of your skateboards tail plus carbon stringers to transform all possible energy into maximum pop.
Royal Cork Rails - Cork is added to the sidewalls under your feet for an environmentally friendly way to dampen your ride and absorb impact along your edges.
Board Lengths: 138cm, 143cm, 147cm, 151cm
Stance Set back: 0mm (centred)
Recommended Rider Weight:
- Not sure which size to get? Check out our snowboard size chart here.
- Not sure if you need a wide board or not? Find out here.
- Want to find out about snowboard cambers and shapes? Click here.
- Want to find out about different types of snowboard edges (magne-traction)? Click here.
- Want to find out about the difference in snowboard bases? Click here.
- Want to find out about snowboard construction? Click here.
We have extended our return period until 10/1/22 for all orders placed on or after 20/11/21. Our usual return policy applies, however you will be able to shop with confidence knowing that you have over 2 weeks after Christmas day to return your items.
We are confident in our products and our sales staff to make sure that you get the best help and gear that are most suitable for your adventures.
We are a local, independently owned store and do not offer ‘change of mind’ refunds (this includes incorrect sizing) however we're happy to offer you a store credit subject to the following conditions:
- Returned within 30 days from the date of purchase (or date of delivery for online orders).
- Proof of purchase included
- The item/s must be sent back in the condition you received it and with the original box and/or packaging in resalable condition, including manufacturer tags where applicable. It is the customers responsibility to ensure all returned items are delivered to Melbourne Snowboard Centre in their original condition.
- We cannot offer returns on any Facemasks, Neckwarmers, Thermals, Socks or Chains due to hygiene and the nature of their use.
Store credits, lasting up to 3 years, will be issued for the amount paid at time of purchase for the particular item being returned. They are issued via email in which you'll receive a 13 digit code that you can use at checkout online or in store.
Should you not want a credit or exchange, in extenuating circumstances Melbourne Snowboard Centre may issue a refund minus a 20% restocking fee.
HOW TO RETURN
Making a return is easy. Please follow the steps below to make the process quick and easy for everyone.
- Fill out & print the following form RETURN FORM. If you are unable to print the return form, a handwritten note with all requested information will suffice.
- Take the time to carefully package your returns. It is the responsibility of the customer to pay costs related to the repair of returned items damaged in shipping due to improper packaging.
- If returning a product in its box, please wrap the box to protect it prior to taping and avoid attaching shipping labels directly to the box. Failure to do so may incur a fee or a reduced value in your store credit.
- Send parcel to the address labelled on the return form (Attach return form, once filled out, to the outside of parcel)
- Once we receive the item via post we will process the store credit to your email. With the store credit, you can repurchase the correct size/item or alternative product of your choosing.
- Exchange requests are not held. If your exchange request is not available our team will issue you with a store credit.
- Customers are responsible for all return postage costs.
- We'll endeavour to have your store credit processed and emailed to you, within 24 hours of receiving your product back in store
- If you have received an incorrect or faulty product please contact us so we can rectify the issue asap.
- Store credits can not be returned and are not redeemable for cash
- Parcels lost in transit to Melbourne Snowboard Centre are the responsibility of the customer, please keep note of your parcels tracking number
An example of how your boxed return should be packed:
An example of how your boxed return should NOT be packed:
If you have received a faulty product or you feel the product you have been using is eligible for a warranty evaluation by the manufacturer due to defect in its materials or workmanship, contact us and we can walk you through the appropriate steps to lodge a warranty claim. Please include photos of the item and issue so we can expedite the process. Find out more on our warranty page.