The 2018 Salomon Assassin is a tried and true all-mountain freestyle quiver killer. Designed as a go-everywhere, do-everything board, the Assassin is a cross between Salomons most progressive powder and freestyle board constructions, and is packed to the brim with technology to help you ride easier and better than ever before. Backed by pro riders Wolle Nyvelt and Taka Nakai, the Assassin will deliver good times from the park to the peak and back again. The Salomon Assassin is easily our most requested Salomon board, so jump on quick before it disappears again.
*Base colours are random
Camber Type: Rock Out Camber (We call it Hybrid Camber)
Traditional Camber throughout the board with a big flat spot between the bindings for added stability, response, and edge hold without feeling aggressive, and rocker outside the feet to maximise pressability.
Flex: 5/10 (1=soft, 10=stiff) A versatile medium flexing board for all mountain and freestyle riding.
Shape: True Twin
True twin through and through. Designed for freestyle minded riders who like to ride switch as often as they ride regular.
Core: Aspen SLCT
Full Aspen wood core with every piece being hand selected for unrivalled quality.
Edges: EQ Rad
A blend of flat geometric angles and radial curves along the edge of the board which create extra contact points where they connect for better grip along the edges. Works and very similarly to Mervin MFGs Magnetraction.
Base: Sintered EG
Fast, durable and holds wax really well. Look after it and it you will reap the rewards. The EG stands fro Electra Gallium, Electra finishes the board for a turbo-charged speed and the Gallium strengthens the base for better impact absorption.
ABC Green Roll - Bamboo, cork sidewalls and basalt all mixed into one for a super environmentally conscious and surprisingly effective poppy feel.
Popster Eco Booster - A shaped profile of the core that makes your board feel more like the snap of your skateboard's kick-tail, plus added bamboo rods for the pinnacle in environmentally-friendly pop and performance.
Royal Cork Rails - Cork is added to the sidewalls under your feet for an environmentally friendly way to dampen your ride and absorb impact along your edges.
Board Lengths: 157cm Wide, 160cm Wide
Stance Set back: 0mm (centred)
(157cm Wide) 261mm
(160cm Wide) 262mm
Recommended Rider Weight:
(157cm Wide) 65-95kg
(160cm Wide) 70-105kg
- Not sure which size to get? Check out our snowboard size chart here.
- Not sure if you need a wide board or not? Find out here.
- Want to find out about snowboard cambers and shapes? Click here.
- Want to find out about different types of snowboard edges (magne-traction)? Click here.
- Want to find out about the difference in snowboard bases? Click here.
- Want to find out about snowboard construction? Click here.
We are confident in our products and our sales staff to make sure that you get the best help and gear that are most suitable for your adventures.
We are a local, independently owned store and do not offer ‘change of mind’ refunds (this includes incorrect sizing) however we're happy to offer you a store credit subject to the following conditions:
- Returned within 30 days from the date of purchase (or date of delivery for online orders).
- Proof of purchase included
- The item/s must be sent back in the condition you received it and with the original box and/or packaging in resalable condition, including manufacturer tags where applicable. It is the customers responsibility to ensure all returned items are delivered to Melbourne Snowboard Centre in their original condition.
- We cannot offer returns on any Facemasks, Neckwarmers, Thermals, Socks or Chains due to hygiene and the nature of their use.
Store credits, lasting up to 3 years, will be issued for the amount paid at time of purchase for the particular item being returned. They are issued via email in which you'll receive a 13 digit code that you can use at checkout online or in store.
Should you not want a credit or exchange, in extenuating circumstances Melbourne Snowboard Centre may issue a refund minus a 20% restocking fee.
Making a return is easy. Please follow the steps below to make the process quick and easy for everyone.
- Fill out & print the following form RETURN FORM. If you are unable to print the return form, a handwritten note with all requested information will suffice.
- Take the time to carefully package your returns. It is the responsibility of the customer to pay costs related to the repair of returned items damaged in shipping due to improper packaging.
- If returning a product in its box, please wrap the box to protect it prior to taping and avoid attaching shipping labels directly to the box. Failure to do so may incur a fee or a reduced value in your store credit.
- Send parcel to the address labelled on the return form (Attach return form, once filled out, to the outside of parcel)
- Once we receive the item via post we will process the store credit to your email. With the store credit, you can repurchase the correct size/item or alternative product of your choosing.
- Customers are responsible for all return postage costs.
- We'll endeavour to have your store credit processed and emailed to you, within 24 hours of receiving your product back in store
- If you have received an incorrect or faulty product please contact us so we can rectify the issue asap.
An example of how your boxed return should be packed:
An example of how your boxed return should NOT be packed:
If you have received a faulty product or you feel the product you have been using is eligible for a warranty evaluation by the manufacturer due to defect in its materials or workmanship, contact us and we can walk you through the appropriate steps to lodge a warranty claim. Please include photos of the item and issue so we can expedite the process. Find out more on our warranty page.