The 2019 Salomon Assassin is a true all-mountain freestyle quiver killer with a long list of technology that makes it perfect for any condition, and any rider. Designed as a go-everywhere, do-everything board, the Assassin is a cross between Salomons most progressive powder and freestyle board constructions, and features a slightly revised directional twin shape for 2019 to give even better powder performance. Backed by multiple pro and am riders alike, the Assassin will deliver good times from the park to the peak and back again. The Salomon Assassin is easily our most requested Salomon board, so jump on quick before it disappears again.
Board Type: All Mountain Freestyle
Camber Type: Rock Out Camber
Traditional Camber throughout the board with a big flat spot between the bindings for added stability, response, and edge hold without feeling aggressive, plus rocker outside the feet to maximise pressability.
Flex: 6/10 (1 = soft, 10 = stiff)
A mid flex that offers all mountain versatility. Playful when you want it, and stable when you need it.
Shape: Directional Twin
This board rides like a true twin but has a floatier nose for enhanced performance in powder.
Quadralizer Sidecut - The Quadralizer sidecut takes Salomons signature straight line Equalizer sidecut and makes it quadratic, which enhances edge grip, agility, and allows you to perform both big arcing carves and tight aggressive turns.
Core: Aspen Select
A full Aspen wood core with every piece being hand selected for unrivalled quality.
Base: Sintered EG
High speed and good wax retention, so you can go faster for longer. The Sintered EG base has an Electra finish for turbocharged glide and Gallium for extra impact resistance.
ABC Greenroll - Bamboo, cork sidewalls, and basalt all mixed into one for a super environmentally conscious and surprisingly effective poppy feel.
Popster Eco Booster - Pop meets eco performance, with skate-influenced snap and bamboo rods for more natural power.
Royal Cork Rails - Cork is added to the sidewalls under your feet for an environmentally friendly way to dampen your ride and absorb impact along your edges.
All Mountain Edge Bevel - Pre-tuned edges for strong edge hold with less catch.
Triax/BA MD Glass - Triaxial Fibreglass that increases durability and stability, plus Medium Density fibreglass that guarantees consistent quality and light, lively performance.
Boards Lengths: 150cm, 153cm, 156cm, 158cm Wide, 159cm, 162cm, 163cm Wide
Stance Set Back: 0mm
(158cm Wide) 263mm
(163cm Wide) 266mm
Recommended Rider Weight:
(158cm Wide) 65-90kg
(163cm Wide) 75-110kg+
- Not sure which size to get? Check out our snowboard size chart here.
- Not sure if you need a wide board or not? Find out here.
- Want to find out about snowboard cambers and shapes? Click here.
- Want to find out about different types of snowboard edges (magne-traction)? Click here.
- Want to find out about the difference in snowboard bases? Click here.
- Want to find out about snowboard construction? Click here.
We are confident in our products and our sales staff to make sure that you get the best help and gear that are most suitable for your adventures.
We are a local, independently owned store and do not offer ‘change of mind’ refunds (this includes incorrect sizing) however we're happy to offer you a store credit subject to the following conditions:
- Returned within 30 days from the date of purchase (or date of delivery for online orders).
- Proof of purchase included
- The item/s must be sent back in the condition you received it and with the original box and/or packaging in resalable condition, including manufacturer tags where applicable. It is the customers responsibility to ensure all returned items are delivered to Melbourne Snowboard Centre in their original condition.
- We cannot offer returns on any Facemasks, Neckwarmers, Thermals, Socks or Chains due to hygiene and the nature of their use.
Store credits, lasting up to 3 years, will be issued for the amount paid at time of purchase for the particular item being returned. They are issued via email in which you'll receive a 13 digit code that you can use at checkout online or in store.
Making a return is easy. Please follow the steps below to make the process quick and easy for everyone.
- Fill out & print the following form RETURN FORM. If you are unable to print the return form, a handwritten note with all requested information will suffice.
- Take the time to carefully package your returns. It is the responsibility of the customer to pay costs related to the repair of returned items damaged in shipping due to improper packaging.
- If returning a product in its box, please wrap the box to protect it prior to taping and avoid attaching shipping labels directly to the box. Failure to do so may incur a fee or a reduced value in your store credit.
- Send parcel to the address labelled on the return form (Attach return form, once filled out, to the outside of parcel)
- Once we receive the item via post we will process the store credit to your email. With the store credit, you can repurchase the correct size/item or alternative product of your choosing.
- Customers are responsible for all return postage costs.
- We'll endeavour to have your store credit processed and emailed to you, within 24 hours of receiving your product back in store
- If you have received an incorrect or faulty product please contact us so we can rectify the issue asap.
An example of how your boxed return should be packed:
An example of how your boxed return should NOT be packed:
If you have received a faulty product or you feel the product you have been using is eligible for a warranty evaluation by the manufacturer due to defect in its materials or workmanship, contact us and we can walk you through the appropriate steps to lodge a warranty claim. Please include photos of the item and issue so we can expedite the process. Find out more on our warranty page.