The 2021 Nitro Select is a pro-level performance boot that is the most trusted for its performance and response by Nitro pro riders in all disciplines of snowboarding. The Select offers premium response and top-tier comfort tech, with more structural customization than most other boots for when you want a quicker response or more freedom in your flex. For high performance, premium response, and one of the most comfortable fits on the market, it only makes sense that it is the boot of choice for riders like Marcus Kleveland.
Boot Type: Advanced All Mountain
Boot Flex (1 = Soft / 10 = Stiff): 9-10/10
Lacing System: TLS 5 Twin Lacing System
The Nitro TLS 5 Twin Lacing System is one of the best speed lace systems on the market, with easy lace engagement and release, along with low abrasion Dyneema laces for long-lasting, reliable performance. TLS 5 features two independent upper and lower lacing zones, so you can lock in your ideal fit in a flash, adjust your lacing without needing to step out of your bindings, and bail out of your boots in record time at the end of the day.
Liner: Cloud 9 Liner
The Nitro Cloud 9 Liner is one of the best liners from Nitro, with a lightweight, supportive fit that will blow almost any other liner out of the water. All Nitro liners are heat mouldable, and while it isn't necessary, a heat mold can give you a more custom fit from day 1 as opposed to wearing the boot in. The Cloud 9 Liner comes with a triple-density Ortholite Footbed, which offers superior shock absorption and energy return with minimal compression, so your footbed will perform consistently for the entire life of your boot. It is also quick-drying, extremely lightweight, and has an anti-microbial coating, making your boots smell better, feel better, and last longer.
ILS Liner Lacing
The Nitro ILS Liner Lacing system features a lacing harness directly connected to the boot shell that snugly wraps around the liner, firmly securing it in the shell for strong hold and a precise fit.
Re/Lace Liner Locker
The Re/Lace Liner Locker revolutionizes how a liner lace functions. During a day of snowboarding, your boots are going to loosen. Your foot settles, your boot expands, it happens. With the Re/Lace Liner Locker, once the laces are locked in at the start of the day all you need to do is pull the liner lace tab to retighten your liner, without ever needing to undo your boots.
The Therminator Shield is a thin thermal layer between sole and liner that reflects heat back into your boot, keeping your feet warm all day.
Ortholite Triple Density Footbed
Ortholite is the worlds leading supplier of open-cell foam insole technology. Ortholite compresses less than 5% with excellent levels of shock absorption and energy return. It also has a unique open cell structure that wicks moisture away, dries quickly, and contains a patented anti-microbial formulation to fight fungus, bacteria and odour. This lightweight technology provides optimum performance without adding excess weight to the boot.
Cushioning / Traction: Vibram Outsole made of Icetrek Vibram Compound with D3O Shock Absorption
Designed specifically for enhanced traction in colder temperatures, Icetrek Vibram Compound has a special softness that allows it to grip snow and ice better, while still being gentle on indoor surfaces and resistant to dirt and moisture. This technology in conjunction with an extra grippy sole design make this one of the best snowboard boots for hiking. This outsole is combined with an EVA midsole, which reduces weight, increases impact absorption, and aids in heat retention.
The best shock absorbing technology on the planet, this air suspension system from Nitro keeps your heels from getting bruised on hard landings, and noticeably increases comfort without compromising response or control.
Shell: Armoured Shell
Nitro have given the Select a new internal moulded shell. This 3D moulded, anatomically shaped shell wraps around the heel and sides of the foot, increasing heel hold, rigidity, and durability.
This boot features a flexible panel at the ankle for consistent flex without buckling and more response without adding bulk.
The Power Strap on the Select boot lets you customise your response and power. Crank it tight to increase the stiffness of the boot from the top down.
Internal Ankle Support
This internal ankle support system puts an anatomically moulded plate over the top of your ankle, evenly distributing lace pressure and giving you a more precise fit.
Power Tongue Stiffener
This removable piece adjusts the stiffness of your tongue, and in turn, the response of your boot. Add it in for more aggressive turns and quicker response, or take it out for a little more freedom and a more relaxed ride.
45 Degree Laceglider
This plastic insert is positioned along the ankle to significantly reduce lace friction and makes tying up the TLS system even easier.
- Want more info on how snowboard boots should fit? Click here.
Please be aware that during lockdown we are not able to process on the spot exchanges. If Melbourne Snowboard Centre is within your allowed radius you are welcome to return your item for a store credit. We will endeavour to issue your credit as soon as possible.
We are confident in our products and our sales staff to make sure that you get the best help and gear that are most suitable for your adventures.
We are a local, independently owned store and do not offer ‘change of mind’ refunds (this includes incorrect sizing) however we're happy to offer you a store credit subject to the following conditions:
- Returned within 30 days from the date of purchase (or date of delivery for online orders).
- Proof of purchase included
- The item/s must be sent back in the condition you received it and with the original box and/or packaging in resalable condition, including manufacturer tags where applicable. It is the customers responsibility to ensure all returned items are delivered to Melbourne Snowboard Centre in their original condition.
- We cannot offer returns on any Facemasks, Neckwarmers, Thermals, Socks or Chains due to hygiene and the nature of their use.
Store credits, lasting up to 3 years, will be issued for the amount paid at time of purchase for the particular item being returned. They are issued via email in which you'll receive a 13 digit code that you can use at checkout online or in store.
Should you not want a credit or exchange, in extenuating circumstances Melbourne Snowboard Centre may issue a refund minus a 20% restocking fee.
HOW TO RETURN
Making a return is easy. Please follow the steps below to make the process quick and easy for everyone.
- Fill out & print the following form RETURN FORM. If you are unable to print the return form, a handwritten note with all requested information will suffice.
- Take the time to carefully package your returns. It is the responsibility of the customer to pay costs related to the repair of returned items damaged in shipping due to improper packaging.
- If returning a product in its box, please wrap the box to protect it prior to taping and avoid attaching shipping labels directly to the box. Failure to do so may incur a fee or a reduced value in your store credit.
- Send parcel to the address labelled on the return form (Attach return form, once filled out, to the outside of parcel)
- Once we receive the item via post we will process the store credit to your email. With the store credit, you can repurchase the correct size/item or alternative product of your choosing.
- Exchange requests are not held. If your exchange request is not available our team will issue you with a store credit.
- Customers are responsible for all return postage costs.
- We'll endeavour to have your store credit processed and emailed to you, within 24 hours of receiving your product back in store
- If you have received an incorrect or faulty product please contact us so we can rectify the issue asap.
- Store credits can not be returned and are not redeemable for cash
- Parcels lost in transit to Melbourne Snowboard Centre are the responsibility of the customer, please keep note of your parcels tracking number
An example of how your boxed return should be packed:
An example of how your boxed return should NOT be packed:
If you have received a faulty product or you feel the product you have been using is eligible for a warranty evaluation by the manufacturer due to defect in its materials or workmanship, contact us and we can walk you through the appropriate steps to lodge a warranty claim. Please include photos of the item and issue so we can expedite the process. Find out more on our warranty page.