The 2022 Never Summer Women's Proto Synthesis snowboard is the evolution of the Proto Type 2, one of the most sought-after boards of the past few years and one of the best performing all mountain boards ever to grace the snow. This high performing, high tech, all mountain board delivers non-stop action in the park and on groomers, featuring a sidecut that carves up a storm, a lively hybrid camber profile that delivers explosive pop and strong edge hold, and tonnes of high-tech features to make this one of the smoothest boards you're likely to set foot on. Taking everything that made the Proto Type 2 so good, refining it, and adding even more power, the Proto Synthesis takes performance to a whole new level.
*Base colours may vary
This board is scheduled for delivery to Melbourne Snowboard Centre by mid July 2021. This is an estimated delivery window and is subject to change. You will be notified via email once your board is ready to be collected in store, or once it has been shipped (if being shipped).
Camber: Shock Wave Rocker Camber
Shock Wave Rocker Camber features extended camber zones underfoot towards the tip and tail for explosive pop and solid stability, with smaller rocker areas that retain quick turn initiation and enhance floatation.
Flex: 6/10 (1=soft, 10=stiff)
A medium flexing board for all mountain riding. Enjoy a powerful, stable ride, that can still be playful in the park
Ride regular or switch and you're in for a good time. If you were to fold this board in half, you would find perfect symmetry from tip to tail. Jib, spin and stomp with confidence and unmatched balance.
Core: NS SuperLight Wood
A combination of durable and lightweight woods create an unmatched strength to weight ratio. The worlds best snowboard fibreglass gives Never Summer boards their superior strength, edge hold and durability. Damping along the edges, underfoot and at the tip and tail provide stability at high speeds, and absorb vibrations.
Lightweight and super strong, this fibreglass delivers incredible freestyle and freeride performance without sacrificing durability.
Carbon Max Laminate Technology
A lightweight but powerful mix of carbon laminates give the board torsional strength without sacrificing the control you need.
RDS 2 Damping
This lightweight damping system utilises three narrow layers that provide an ideal combination of vibration absorption and stability. This system bridges the gap between freestyle and freeride damping.
Elastomeric Underfoot Stabilisers
These stabilisers are placed directly below the mounting area to provide optimum vibration absorption and increase high speed stability while reducing foot fatigue.
Base: Durasurf XT Sintered 5501
Developed exclusively for Never Summers higher end boards, this base is super fast, super durable, and has added carbon to make it the fastest base in the range.
Mounting Pattern: 2x4 Inserts
Co-Extruded Polymer Topsheet - A tough topsheet that's durable, lightweight, and scratch and chip resistant.
Vario Power Grip Sidecut - The Vario Power Grip sidecut utilizes multiple edge contact points, allowing the board to track straight and not catch while still providing maximum edge hold.
Sintered P-Tex Sidewalls - Unlike conventional ABS sidewalls, sintered P-Tex sidewalls maintain their integrity in colder temperatures and won't crack.
Low Profile Nose and Tail - A lower profile in the tips and tail maximises snow contact for more powerful ollies and nollies and added landing stability. This also reduces the plowing effect in the nose, making you glide smoother and faster and float better in powder.
Perforated Rocker Pad - Thin pads are placed in the middle of the board, which absorb vibration between your feet and keep a solid feel in the rocker section of the board.
Harmonic Nose/Tail Dampers - Dampers in the tip and tail reduce vibrations and make this board incredibly smooth, stable, and confident at speed and in hard landings, without reducing the liveliness of the board.
Extended Transition Area - This board has extended flat sections at the contact points which improves turn initiation and powder floatation.
Waist Width (mm)
Effective Edge (cm)
Nose/Tail Width (cm)
|Recommended Rider Weight (kg)|
We are confident in our products and our sales staff to make sure that you get the best help and gear that are most suitable for your adventures.
We are a local, independently owned store and do not offer ‘change of mind’ refunds (this includes incorrect sizing) however we're happy to offer you a store credit subject to the following conditions:
- Returned within 30 days from the date of purchase (or date of delivery for online orders).
- Proof of purchase included
- The item/s must be sent back in the condition you received it and with the original box and/or packaging in resalable condition, including manufacturer tags where applicable. It is the customers responsibility to ensure all returned items are delivered to Melbourne Snowboard Centre in their original condition.
- We cannot offer returns on any Facemasks, Neckwarmers, Thermals, Socks or Chains due to hygiene and the nature of their use.
Store credits, lasting up to 3 years, will be issued for the amount paid at time of purchase for the particular item being returned. They are issued via email in which you'll receive a 13 digit code that you can use at checkout online or in store.
Should you not want a credit or exchange, in extenuating circumstances Melbourne Snowboard Centre may issue a refund minus a 20% restocking fee.
Making a return is easy. Please follow the steps below to make the process quick and easy for everyone.
- Fill out & print the following form RETURN FORM. If you are unable to print the return form, a handwritten note with all requested information will suffice.
- Take the time to carefully package your returns. It is the responsibility of the customer to pay costs related to the repair of returned items damaged in shipping due to improper packaging.
- If returning a product in its box, please wrap the box to protect it prior to taping and avoid attaching shipping labels directly to the box. Failure to do so may incur a fee or a reduced value in your store credit.
- Send parcel to the address labelled on the return form (Attach return form, once filled out, to the outside of parcel)
- Once we receive the item via post we will process the store credit to your email. With the store credit, you can repurchase the correct size/item or alternative product of your choosing.
- Customers are responsible for all return postage costs.
- We'll endeavour to have your store credit processed and emailed to you, within 24 hours of receiving your product back in store
- If you have received an incorrect or faulty product please contact us so we can rectify the issue asap.
An example of how your boxed return should be packed:
An example of how your boxed return should NOT be packed:
If you have received a faulty product or you feel the product you have been using is eligible for a warranty evaluation by the manufacturer due to defect in its materials or workmanship, contact us and we can walk you through the appropriate steps to lodge a warranty claim. Please include photos of the item and issue so we can expedite the process. Find out more on our warranty page.