The 2018 Never Summer West is a different kind of animal. It quickly became one of the most popular models, with its combination of features that make it aggressive, but still agile. The Ripsaw Rocker Camber profile has more exaggerated camber sections, which give the West extra edge hold, stability and pop, but still keep it versatile with the rocker between your feet. If you want a fast ride, that can take you from quick turns, to pow slashes, to jumps, strap yourself into the West.
Wide for the guys with bigger feet, US size 11 and up.
Board Type: All Mountain
Camber: Ripsaw Rocker (Moustache Camber)
Longer transition areas from the rocker to the ends. Less pressure over contact points allows the board to flow instead of pushing against the snow. So in a nutshell, it gives you all the response you might want from a traditional camber board while retaining rocker playfulness.
Flex: 5/10 Stiff (1=soft, 10=stiff)
A medium to stiff flexing board for all mountain riding. Enjoy a powerful, stable ride, that can still be playful in the park.
Shape: Directional Twin
Ride regular, switch or upside down and you are in for a good time. This board has a set back stance, meaning it will power forwards, but can also be ridden switch with confidence.
Core: NS Superlight Wood
Like the flight core but even lighter! A combination of durable and lightweight woods create an unmatched strength to weight ratio. The worlds best snowboard fiberglass gives Never Summer boards their superior strength, edge hold and durability. Dampening along the edges, underfoot and at the tip and tail provide stability at high speeds, and absorb vibrations.
Edges: Vario Power Grip
Vario Power Grip side cut utilizes multiple edge contact points, allowing the board to track straight when required, while still providing maximum edge hold.
Top Sheet: Carbonium Topsheet
An incredibly durable and scratch proof top sheet, which provides better grip than a gloss topsheet. Its basically like a giant stomp pad!
Unmatched durability and speed. A top of the line snowboard base for riders at the top of their game.
Board Lengths: 157cm Wide, 160cm Wide, 164cm Wide
Stance Set back: Slightly
Recommended Rider Weight:
- Not sure which size to get? Check out our snowboard size chart here.
- Not sure if you need a wide board or not? Find out here.
- Want to find out about snowboard cambers and shapes? Click here.
- Want to find out about different types of snowboard edges (magne-traction)? Click here.
- Want to find out about the difference in snowboard bases? Click here.
- Want to find out about snowboard construction? Click here.
Please be aware that during lockdown we are not able to process on the spot exchanges. If Melbourne Snowboard Centre is within your allowed radius you are welcome to return your item for a store credit. We will endeavour to issue your credit as soon as possible.
We are confident in our products and our sales staff to make sure that you get the best help and gear that are most suitable for your adventures.
We are a local, independently owned store and do not offer ‘change of mind’ refunds (this includes incorrect sizing) however we're happy to offer you a store credit subject to the following conditions:
- Returned within 30 days from the date of purchase (or date of delivery for online orders).
- Proof of purchase included
- The item/s must be sent back in the condition you received it and with the original box and/or packaging in resalable condition, including manufacturer tags where applicable. It is the customers responsibility to ensure all returned items are delivered to Melbourne Snowboard Centre in their original condition.
- We cannot offer returns on any Facemasks, Neckwarmers, Thermals, Socks or Chains due to hygiene and the nature of their use.
Store credits, lasting up to 3 years, will be issued for the amount paid at time of purchase for the particular item being returned. They are issued via email in which you'll receive a 13 digit code that you can use at checkout online or in store.
Should you not want a credit or exchange, in extenuating circumstances Melbourne Snowboard Centre may issue a refund minus a 20% restocking fee.
HOW TO RETURN
Making a return is easy. Please follow the steps below to make the process quick and easy for everyone.
- Fill out & print the following form RETURN FORM. If you are unable to print the return form, a handwritten note with all requested information will suffice.
- Take the time to carefully package your returns. It is the responsibility of the customer to pay costs related to the repair of returned items damaged in shipping due to improper packaging.
- If returning a product in its box, please wrap the box to protect it prior to taping and avoid attaching shipping labels directly to the box. Failure to do so may incur a fee or a reduced value in your store credit.
- Send parcel to the address labelled on the return form (Attach return form, once filled out, to the outside of parcel)
- Once we receive the item via post we will process the store credit to your email. With the store credit, you can repurchase the correct size/item or alternative product of your choosing.
- Exchange requests are not held. If your exchange request is not available our team will issue you with a store credit.
- Customers are responsible for all return postage costs.
- We'll endeavour to have your store credit processed and emailed to you, within 24 hours of receiving your product back in store
- If you have received an incorrect or faulty product please contact us so we can rectify the issue asap.
- Store credits can not be returned and are not redeemable for cash
- Parcels lost in transit to Melbourne Snowboard Centre are the responsibility of the customer, please keep note of your parcels tracking number
An example of how your boxed return should be packed:
An example of how your boxed return should NOT be packed:
If you have received a faulty product or you feel the product you have been using is eligible for a warranty evaluation by the manufacturer due to defect in its materials or workmanship, contact us and we can walk you through the appropriate steps to lodge a warranty claim. Please include photos of the item and issue so we can expedite the process. Find out more on our warranty page.