The 2022 Never Summer Proto FR is the newest board in the Never Summer range and represents exactly what Never Summer likes to do best, innovate. Taking the best selling Proto Type Two and introduced their new Triple Camber profile, they have created their most versatile snowboard suited for the ride everywhere freerider. Having three separate camber bends in the core and an overall tapered directional shape gives the Proto FR improved edge hold, stability, power, pop, speed, float, forgiveness and the smoothest response that they have ever offered and even rivals any brand for these titles. Be sure to grab one before they are all gone, this board is sure to be a huge hit and will forever change the face of snowboarding as we all know it.
*Base colours may vary
Board Type: All Mountain Freeride
Camber: Triple Camber
With traditional camber between your feet and after your inserts, this perfectly balanced Triple Camber shape gives you all the features and benefits of Never Summer boards and their amazing camber profiles but have made them even better and more responsive, which is exactly what everyone wants.
Flex: 8/10 Stiff (1=soft, 10=stiff)
Designed to be ridden forwards, exactly the way the body wants to go. Float through powder with effortless style, and power down runs at lightning-fast speeds
Core: NS Wooboo Core
A precise combination of the highest quality woods and bamboo that bring out the ultra-performance within each material.
Lightweight and super strong, this fibreglass delivers incredible freestyle and freeride performance without sacrificing durability.
STS Pre-tensioned Fibreglass
Pre-hardened, pre-tensioned laminate that has elastomer stringers - which means that the board has top notch strength, edge hold and performance.
These stabilisers are placed directly below the mounting area to provide optimum vibration absorption and increase high speed stability while reducing foot fatigue.
Base: Durasurf Sintered 5501
Developed exclusively for Never Summers higher end boards, this base is super fast, super durable, and has added carbon to make it the fastest base in the range
Mounting Pattern: 2x4 Inserts
Co-Extruded Polymer Topsheet - A tough topsheet that's durable, lightweight, and scratch and chip resistant.
Vario Power Grip Sidecut - The Vario Power Grip sidecut utilises multiple edge contact points, allowing the board to track straight and not catch while still providing maximum edge hold.
Sintered P-Tex Sidewalls - Unlike conventional ABS sidewalls, sintered P-Tex sidewalls maintain their integrity in colder temperatures and won't crack.
Extended Transition Area - This board has extended flat sections at the contact points which improves turn initiation and powder floatation.
P-Tex Tip/Tail Protection - The P-Tex protection seals and protects the wood core as well as protecting it from vibrations and impacts.
Waist Width (mm)
Effective Edge (cm)
Sidecut - Toe/Heel (m)
Nose/Tail Width (cm)
|Recommended Rider Weight (kg)|
|156||256||118||Vario 724||30.3 / 29.8
|160||258||122||Vario 759||30.5 / 30.0
|164||260||127||Vario 793||30.8 / 30.2
|157 Wide||264||119||Vario 724||31.1 / 30.6
|161 Wide||266||123||Vario 758||31.4 / 30.9
|165 Wide||268||127||Vario 795||31.6 / 31.0
We are confident in our products and our sales staff to make sure that you get the best help and gear that are most suitable for your adventures.
We are a local, independently owned store and do not offer ‘change of mind’ refunds (this includes incorrect sizing), however we're happy to offer you a store credit subject to the following conditions:
- Returned within 30 days from the date of purchase (or date of delivery for online orders).
- Proof of purchase included
- The item/s must be sent back in the condition you received it and with the original box and/or packaging in resalable condition, including manufacturer tags where applicable. It is the customers responsibility to ensure all returned items are delivered to Melbourne Snowboard Centre in their original condition.
- We cannot offer returns on any Facemasks, Neckwarmers, Thermals, Socks or Chains due to hygiene and the nature of their use.
Store credits, lasting up to 3 years, will be issued for the amount paid at time of purchase for the particular item being returned. They are issued via email in which you'll receive a 13 digit code that you can use at checkout online or in store.
Unfortunately stock levels vary and we are not able to stock all products in all sizes, which may result in your desired exchange product or size not being available. In the event that your desired exchange product is not in stock, a store credit will be issued.
Should you not want a credit or exchange, in extenuating circumstances Melbourne Snowboard Centre may issue a refund minus a 20% restocking fee.
HOW TO RETURN
Making a return is easy. Please follow the steps below to make the process quick and easy for everyone.
- Fill out & print the following form RETURN FORM. If you are unable to print the return form, a handwritten note with all requested information will suffice.
- Take the time to carefully package your returns. It is the responsibility of the customer to pay costs related to the repair of returned items damaged in shipping due to improper packaging.
- If returning a product in its box, please wrap the box to protect it prior to taping and avoid attaching shipping labels directly to the box. Failure to do so may incur a fee or a reduced value in your store credit.
- Send parcel to the address labelled on the return form (Attach return form, once filled out, to the outside of parcel)
- Once we receive the item via post we will process the store credit to your email. With the store credit, you can repurchase the correct size/item or alternative product of your choosing.
- Exchange requests are not held. If your exchange request is not available our team will issue you with a store credit.
- Customers are responsible for all return postage costs.
- We'll endeavour to have your store credit processed and emailed to you, within 24 hours of receiving your product back in store
- If you have received an incorrect or faulty product please contact us so we can rectify the issue asap.
- Store credits can not be returned and are not redeemable for cash
- Parcels lost in transit to Melbourne Snowboard Centre are the responsibility of the customer, please keep note of your parcels tracking number
An example of how your boxed return should be packed:
An example of how your boxed return should NOT be packed:
If you have received a faulty product or you feel the product you have been using is eligible for a warranty evaluation by the manufacturer due to defect in its materials or workmanship, contact us and we can walk you through the appropriate steps to lodge a warranty claim. Please include photos of the item and issue so we can expedite the process. Find out more on our warranty page.