The 2018 Never Summer Mini Proto has everything that little rippers need to kill it this winter. The Mini Proto features all the tech that the adult model gets, but it has a few little changes to suit smaller riders. With a medium flex rating and a twin shape, this is built to handle riding all over the mountain.
The Rocker Camber profile gives them the best of both worlds, in a package that is playful when you want it to be, and stable and reliable when they ride hard.
Camber: Original Rocker (We call it Moustache Camber)
The original rocker profile puts rocker in the centre of the board extending out underfoot to the end of the inserts, and camber from the inserts to the contact points. This makes the board nice and floaty, but still retains response and edge hold without being punishing.
Flex: 5/10 Stiff (1=soft, 10=stiff)
A medium flexing board for all mountain riding. Enjoy a powerful, stable ride, that can still be playful in the park
True twin from tip to tail, this board is designed to be ridden switch and regular exactly the same.
Core: NS Superlight Wood
A combination of durable and lightweight woods create an unmatched strength to weight ratio. The worlds best snowboard fiberglass gives Never Summer boards their superior strength, edge hold and durability. Dampening along the edges, underfoot and at the tip and tail provide stability at high speeds, and absorb vibrations.
Edges: Vario Power Grip
The Vario Power Grip sidecut utilizes multiple edge contact points, allowing the board to track straight and not catch while still providing maximum edge hold.
Base: Durasurf Sintered 5501
Unmatched durability and speed. A top of the line snowboard base for riders at the top of their game. This particular base is also the fastest in the Never Summer range, exclusive to the best of the best boards.
TruGrit Topsheet - Durable, lightweight and chip resistant. A futuristic blend of fiber backed thermoplastic, which is also super grippy, so it's almost like having a giant, in built stomp pad.
Elastomeric Underfoot Stabilisers - Forget about understanding the name of this tech, all you need to know is that these are put under the inserts to provide optimum vibration absorption and increase stability at speed.
RDS 2 Damping - This lightweight damping system utilises three narrow layers that provide an ideal combination of vibration absorption and stability. This system bridges the gap between freestyle and freeride damping.
Board Lengths: 137cm, 140cm, 144cm
Stance Set back: 0mm (centred)
Recommended Rider Weight:
- Not sure which size to get? Check out our snowboard size chart here.
- Not sure if you need a wide board or not? Find out here.
- Want to find out about snowboard cambers and shapes? Click here.
- Want to find out about different types of snowboard edges (magne-traction)? Click here.
- Want to find out about the difference in snowboard bases? Click here.
- Want to find out about snowboard construction? Click here.
We are confident in our products and our sales staff to make sure that you get the best help and gear that are most suitable for your adventures.
We are a local, independently owned store and do not offer ‘change of mind’ refunds (this includes incorrect sizing) however we're happy to offer you a store credit subject to the following conditions:
- Returned within 30 days from the date of purchase (or date of delivery for online orders).
- Proof of purchase included
- The item/s must be sent back in the condition you received it and with the original box and/or packaging in resalable condition, including manufacturer tags where applicable. It is the customers responsibility to ensure all returned items are delivered to Melbourne Snowboard Centre in their original condition.
- We cannot offer returns on any Facemasks, Neckwarmers, Thermals, Socks or Chains due to hygiene and the nature of their use.
Store credits, lasting up to 3 years, will be issued for the amount paid at time of purchase for the particular item being returned. They are issued via email in which you'll receive a 13 digit code that you can use at checkout online or in store.
Making a return is easy. Please follow the steps below to make the process quick and easy for everyone.
- Fill out & print the following form RETURN FORM. If you are unable to print the return form, a handwritten note with all requested information will suffice.
- Take the time to carefully package your returns. It is the responsibility of the customer to pay costs related to the repair of returned items damaged in shipping due to improper packaging.
- If returning a product in its box, please wrap the box to protect it prior to taping and avoid attaching shipping labels directly to the box. Failure to do so may incur a fee or a reduced value in your store credit.
- Send parcel to the address labelled on the return form (Attach return form, once filled out, to the outside of parcel)
- Once we receive the item via post we will process the store credit to your email. With the store credit, you can repurchase the correct size/item or alternative product of your choosing.
- Customers are responsible for all return postage costs.
- We'll endeavour to have your store credit processed and emailed to you, within 24 hours of receiving your product back in store
- If you have received an incorrect or faulty product please contact us so we can rectify the issue asap.
An example of how your boxed return should be packed:
An example of how your boxed return should NOT be packed:
If you have received a faulty product or you feel the product you have been using is eligible for a warranty evaluation by the manufacturer due to defect in its materials or workmanship, contact us and we can walk you through the appropriate steps to lodge a warranty claim. Please include photos of the item and issue so we can expedite the process. Find out more on our warranty page.