The 2018 Never Summer Funslinger carries on the legacy of what some people are calling the funnest freestyle board in the world. As the name suggests, this thing absolutely throws the good times around, and is designed to be thrown around itself. The Funslinger is a soft and snappy board that thrives in the park, and we can forgive you for thinking this is a pure rail board because of the soft flex, but it performs surprisingly well on jumps and transition as well thanks to the Never Summer signature hybrid Ripsaw Rocker Camber, Vario Power Grip Edges, and asymmetrical shape which bump up the stability and edge hold way above what you'd expect from a board this playful. This hybrid camber enhances performance in powder and on groomers as well, so there isn't much this board can't do.
*Base colours are random
Board Type: Freestyle
Camber: Ripsaw Rocker Camber (Moustache Camber)
Never Summers signature hybrid camber, featuring rocker between your feet, camber underfoot towards the tips, and extended transition areas from the end of the camber to where the tips start to rise. This puts less pressure over your contact points making it harder to catch edges, but still keeps the response and stability of traditional camber. The rocker zone between your feet adds flex and playfulness, so you're getting the best of both worlds here.
Flex: 2/10 Stiff (1=soft, 10=stiff)
Twin Flex - This board has an identical flex pattern from nose to tail, so you can ride it switch or regular and it'll perform exactly the same both ways.
Shape: Asymmetrical Twin
A true twin shape with an asymmetrical sidecut, this board will ride the same switch and regular, but has a designated toe and heel edge, which means you'll get more power and control in your turns without even noticing. Our bodies aren't the same front to back, so why should our snowboards be?
Core: Boost Flex Core
The Boost Flex Core is built slimmer than a regular core for an ultralight, yet solid feel. This also provides a more consistent flex across the length of the board, resulting in impressive pop.
Edges: Vario Power Grip
The Vario Power Grip sidecut utilizes multiple edge contact points, allowing the board to track straight and not catch while still providing maximum edge hold.
Base: Durasurf Sintered 4501
A base material made exclusively for Never Summer, featuring a high density construction that provides extreme speed and lasting durability.
Matte Topsheet - Enhances grip, plus it just looks really cool.
Elastomeric Underfoot Stabilisers - Forget about understanding the name of this tech, all you need to know is that these are put under the inserts to provide optimum vibration absorption and increase stability at speed.
Low Profile Tip and Tail - A lower profile in the tips and tail maximises snow contact for more powerful ollies and nollies and added landing stability. This also reduces the plowing effect in the nose, making you glide smoother and faster and float better in powder.
Harmonic Tip Tail Dampers - Dampers in the tip and tail reduce vibrations and make this board incredibly smooth, stable, and confident at speed and in hard landings, without reducing the liveliness of the board.
FDS Damping - A freestyle-specific damping system, designed to smooth out chatter and absorb hand landings while retaining a light and snappy feel.
Board Lengths: 146cm, 149cm, 151cm, 153cm, 156cm, 159cm
Stance Set back: 0mm (centred)
Recommended Rider Weight:
- Not sure which size to get? Check out our snowboard size chart here.
- Not sure if you need a wide board or not? Find out here.
- Want to find out about snowboard cambers and shapes? Click here.
- Want to find out about different types of snowboard edges (magne-traction)? Click here.
- Want to find out about the difference in snowboard bases? Click here.
- Want to find out about snowboard construction? Click here.
We are confident in our products and our sales staff to make sure that you get the best help and gear that are most suitable for your adventures.
We are a local, independently owned store and do not offer ‘change of mind’ refunds (this includes incorrect sizing) however we're happy to offer you a store credit subject to the following conditions:
- Returned within 30 days from the date of purchase (or date of delivery for online orders).
- Proof of purchase included
- The item/s must be sent back in the condition you received it and with the original box and/or packaging in resalable condition, including manufacturer tags where applicable. It is the customers responsibility to ensure all returned items are delivered to Melbourne Snowboard Centre in their original condition.
- We cannot offer returns on any Facemasks, Neckwarmers, Thermals, Socks or Chains due to hygiene and the nature of their use.
Store credits, lasting up to 3 years, will be issued for the amount paid at time of purchase for the particular item being returned. They are issued via email in which you'll receive a 13 digit code that you can use at checkout online or in store.
Making a return is easy. Please follow the steps below to make the process quick and easy for everyone.
- Fill out & print the following form RETURN FORM. If you are unable to print the return form, a handwritten note with all requested information will suffice.
- Take the time to carefully package your returns. It is the responsibility of the customer to pay costs related to the repair of returned items damaged in shipping due to improper packaging.
- If returning a product in its box, please wrap the box to protect it prior to taping and avoid attaching shipping labels directly to the box. Failure to do so may incur a fee or a reduced value in your store credit.
- Send parcel to the address labelled on the return form (Attach return form, once filled out, to the outside of parcel)
- Once we receive the item via post we will process the store credit to your email. With the store credit, you can repurchase the correct size/item or alternative product of your choosing.
- Customers are responsible for all return postage costs.
- We'll endeavour to have your store credit processed and emailed to you, within 24 hours of receiving your product back in store
- If you have received an incorrect or faulty product please contact us so we can rectify the issue asap.
An example of how your boxed return should be packed:
An example of how your boxed return should NOT be packed:
If you have received a faulty product or you feel the product you have been using is eligible for a warranty evaluation by the manufacturer due to defect in its materials or workmanship, contact us and we can walk you through the appropriate steps to lodge a warranty claim. Please include photos of the item and issue so we can expedite the process. Find out more on our warranty page.