The 2019 Never Summer Chairman is the top dog of freeriding. Think of the Chairman like the CEO, looking down upon all other boards from its ivory tower, and rightfully so. There is an insane amount of technology in this board, and we could go on and on about it all, using big terms like Elastomeric Underfoot Stabilisers and Carbon Max Laminate Technology, but to put it in terms we can understand, this is the ultimate in smooth, fast, stable, and powerful riding.
Never Summer have pumped in all of their damping technology to help you tackle any snow condition with speed and confidence, with the Ripsaw Rocker Camber giving you very solid edge hold and pop. Quite simply, the Chairman is the best of the best.
Board Type: All Mountain and Powder
Camber: Ripsaw Rocker Camber (Moustache Camber)
With more aggressive camber sections than the original profile, the Ripsaw gives you very strong edge hold on icy days, and plenty of pop in a design that still turns easily and has a stable ride no matter the speed.
A stiff flexing board for freeriding, providing a stable platform for big mountain riding and powder. Creates reliable edge hold and smoothness at speed.
Designed to be ridden forwards, exactly the way the body wants to go. Float through powder with effortless style, and power down runs at lightning-fast speeds.
Core: NS Superlight Wood
A combination of durable and lightweight woods create an unmatched strength to weight ratio. The worlds best snowboard fiberglass gives Never Summer boards their superior strength, edge hold and durability. Dampening along the edges, underfoot and at the tip and tail provide stability at high speeds, and absorb vibrations.
Edges: Chairman Power Grip
The Vario Power Grip sidecut utilizes multiple edge contact points, allowing the board to track straight and not catch while still providing maximum edge hold. The Chairman Power Grip features an additional 2 contact points, enhancing the edge hold even further.
Base: Durasurf XT Sintered 5501
Super fast and durable, plus with just the right amount of graphite added in to make this base the fastest in the Never Summer range.
Carbonium Topsheet - Durable, lightweight and chip resistant. A futuristic blend of fiber backed thermoplastic, which is so grippy it's almost like having a giant, in built stomp pad.
Elastomeric Underfoot Stabilisers - Forget about understanding the name of this tech, all you need to know is that these are put under the inserts to provide optimum vibration absorption and increase stability at speed.
Low Profile Tip and Tail - A lower profile in the tips and tail maximises snow contact for more powerful ollies and nollies and added landing stability. This also reduces the plowing effect in the nose, making you glide smoother and faster and float better in powder.
Carbon Max Laminate - More carbon = More power and performance. An advanced top and bottom carbon matrix maximise response and strength where it's needed most, resulting in a lightweight construction that adds torsional stiffness and enhances energy transfer.
RDS 1+ Damping system - The most extensive damping system from Never Summer, with twice the amount of damping material as other models for a silky smooth ride like no other.
Harmonic Tip Tail Dampers - Dampers in the tip and tail reduce vibrations and make this board incredibly smooth, stable, and confident at speed and in hard landings, without reducing the liveliness of the board.
Board Lengths: 157cm, 160cm, 161cm Wide, 164cm, 165cm Wide, 169cm Wide
Stance Set back: Slightly
(161cm Wide) 266mm
(165cm Wide) 267mm
(169cm Wide) 267mm
Recommended Rider Weight:
(161cm Wide) 65kg-95kg
(165cm Wide) 70kg-110kg
(169cm Wide) 75kg+
- Not sure which size to get? Check out our snowboard size chart here.
- Not sure if you need a wide board or not? Find out here.
- Want to find out about snowboard cambers and shapes? Click here.
- Want to find out about different types of snowboard edges (magne-traction)? Click here.
- Want to find out about the difference in snowboard bases? Click here.
- Want to find out about snowboard construction? Click here.
We are confident in our products and our sales staff to make sure that you get the best help and gear that are most suitable for your adventures.
We are a local, independently owned store and do not offer ‘change of mind’ refunds (this includes incorrect sizing) however we're happy to offer you a store credit subject to the following conditions:
- Returned within 30 days from the date of purchase (or date of delivery for online orders).
- Proof of purchase included
- The item/s must be sent back in the condition you received it and with the original box and/or packaging in resalable condition, including manufacturer tags where applicable. It is the customers responsibility to ensure all returned items are delivered to Melbourne Snowboard Centre in their original condition.
- We cannot offer returns on any Facemasks, Neckwarmers, Thermals, Socks or Chains due to hygiene and the nature of their use.
Store credits, lasting up to 3 years, will be issued for the amount paid at time of purchase for the particular item being returned. They are issued via email in which you'll receive a 13 digit code that you can use at checkout online or in store.
Making a return is easy. Please follow the steps below to make the process quick and easy for everyone.
- Fill out & print the following form RETURN FORM. If you are unable to print the return form, a handwritten note with all requested information will suffice.
- Take the time to carefully package your returns. It is the responsibility of the customer to pay costs related to the repair of returned items damaged in shipping due to improper packaging.
- If returning a product in its box, please wrap the box to protect it prior to taping and avoid attaching shipping labels directly to the box. Failure to do so may incur a fee or a reduced value in your store credit.
- Send parcel to the address labelled on the return form (Attach return form, once filled out, to the outside of parcel)
- Once we receive the item via post we will process the store credit to your email. With the store credit, you can repurchase the correct size/item or alternative product of your choosing.
- Customers are responsible for all return postage costs.
- We'll endeavour to have your store credit processed and emailed to you, within 24 hours of receiving your product back in store
- If you have received an incorrect or faulty product please contact us so we can rectify the issue asap.
An example of how your boxed return should be packed:
An example of how your boxed return should NOT be packed:
If you have received a faulty product or you feel the product you have been using is eligible for a warranty evaluation by the manufacturer due to defect in its materials or workmanship, contact us and we can walk you through the appropriate steps to lodge a warranty claim. Please include photos of the item and issue so we can expedite the process. Find out more on our warranty page.