The Never Summer Big Gun 2019 is inspired by Gun surfboards that are made to handle the biggest waves. With 19mm of taper and a huge surface area, you get a stable ride that still turns with the responsive feeling of a shorter board.
The Fusion Rocker Camber profile gives you extra pop in the tail of the board, with the smooth turning and floaty nose of the Original Rocker camber up the front.
Board Type: All-mountain freeride
Camber: Fusion Rocker Camber (Moustache Camber)
Fusion Rocker Camber is a special directional camber profile that puts catch-free and playful rocker between your feet, stable camber just outside the inserts, and a long rising transition area from your front foot to the nose. This retains stability and power in your back foot while lifting your nose for effortless float and glide.
Flex: 7-8/10 Mid (1=soft, 10=stiff)
A mid-stiff flex that is stable at speed and can handle rough and fast riding over inconsistent terrain.
An extended nose, tapered tail, and directional camber result in ultimate performance when riding forwards.
Core: NS Superlight Wood
A combination of durable and lightweight woods create an unmatched strength to weight ratio. The worlds best snowboard fiberglass gives Never Summer boards their superior strength, edge hold and durability. Dampening along the edges, underfoot and at the tip and tail provide stability at high speeds, and absorb vibrations.
Edges: Vario Power Grip
The Vario Power Grip sidecut utilizes multiple edge contact points, allowing the board to track straight and not catch while still providing maximum edge hold.
Base: Durasurf Sintered 5501
Super fast and durable, plus with just the right amount of graphite added in to make this base the fastest in the Never Summer range.
Carbonium Topsheet - Durable, lightweight and chip resistant. A futuristic blend of fiber backed thermoplastic, which is also super grippy, so it's almost like having a giant, in built stomp pad.
Elastomeric Underfoot Stabilisers - Forget about understanding the name of this tech, all you need to know is that these are put under the inserts to provide optimum vibration absorption and increase stability at speed.
RDS 1 Damping - Laminated damping layers that are more extensive along the effective edge and less extensive in the tip and tail, enhancing stability and reducing swing weight.
Sintered P-Tex Sidewall - Never Summer were the first to use P-Tex sidewalls, which can handle colder temperatures than standard ABS sidewalls.
P-Tex Tip/Tail Protection - The P-Tex protection seals and protects the wood core, as well as protecting it from vibrations and impacts.
Carbon Max Laminate Technology - A lightweight but powerful mix of carbon laminates, that give the board torsional strength without sacrificing the control you need.
STS Pre-tensioned Fiberglass - Pre-hardened, pre-tensioned laminate that has elastomer stringers - which means that the board have top notch strength, edge hold and performance.
Board Lengths: 157cm, 160m
Recommended Rider Weight:
- Not sure which size to get? Check out our snowboard size chart here.
- Not sure if you need a wide board or not? Find out here.
- Want to find out about snowboard cambers and shapes? Click here.
- Want to find out about different types of snowboard edges (magne-traction)? Click here.
- Want to find out about the difference in snowboard bases? Click here.
- Want to find out about snowboard construction? Click here.
We are confident in our products and our sales staff to make sure that you get the best help and gear that are most suitable for your adventures.
We are a local, independently owned store and do not offer ‘change of mind’ refunds (this includes incorrect sizing) however we're happy to offer you a store credit subject to the following conditions:
- Returned within 30 days from the date of purchase (or date of delivery for online orders).
- Proof of purchase included
- The item/s must be sent back in the condition you received it and with the original box and/or packaging in resalable condition, including manufacturer tags where applicable. It is the customers responsibility to ensure all returned items are delivered to Melbourne Snowboard Centre in their original condition.
- We cannot offer returns on any Facemasks, Neckwarmers, Thermals, Socks or Chains due to hygiene and the nature of their use.
Store credits, lasting up to 3 years, will be issued for the amount paid at time of purchase for the particular item being returned. They are issued via email in which you'll receive a 13 digit code that you can use at checkout online or in store.
Should you not want a credit or exchange, in extenuating circumstances Melbourne Snowboard Centre may issue a refund minus a 20% restocking fee.
Making a return is easy. Please follow the steps below to make the process quick and easy for everyone.
- Fill out & print the following form RETURN FORM. If you are unable to print the return form, a handwritten note with all requested information will suffice.
- Take the time to carefully package your returns. It is the responsibility of the customer to pay costs related to the repair of returned items damaged in shipping due to improper packaging.
- If returning a product in its box, please wrap the box to protect it prior to taping and avoid attaching shipping labels directly to the box. Failure to do so may incur a fee or a reduced value in your store credit.
- Send parcel to the address labelled on the return form (Attach return form, once filled out, to the outside of parcel)
- Once we receive the item via post we will process the store credit to your email. With the store credit, you can repurchase the correct size/item or alternative product of your choosing.
- Customers are responsible for all return postage costs.
- We'll endeavour to have your store credit processed and emailed to you, within 24 hours of receiving your product back in store
- If you have received an incorrect or faulty product please contact us so we can rectify the issue asap.
An example of how your boxed return should be packed:
An example of how your boxed return should NOT be packed:
If you have received a faulty product or you feel the product you have been using is eligible for a warranty evaluation by the manufacturer due to defect in its materials or workmanship, contact us and we can walk you through the appropriate steps to lodge a warranty claim. Please include photos of the item and issue so we can expedite the process. Find out more on our warranty page.