The 2019 Lobster Artist Edition Danny Larsen snowboard is a collaboration with Danny Larsen, the Norwegian pro snowboarder turned artist. Though his professional riding days are behind him, Danny still knows what goes into a good snowboard, and his very own Artist Edition is no exception. Taking cues from his viking heritage and passion for metal, this board is a literal piece of art by itself, but it's a work of art when you put it on snow. The 3BT shape of this board gives it versatility beyond what you'd expect from traditional camber, letting it perform all over the mountain from park to powder, and it has a nice mid flex for stability and response on groomers, and power and pop for boosting airs. The Artist Edition Larsen is a board forged with dark magic, built for all mountain cruising with a tendency for freestyle.
Board Type: All Mountain Freestyle
Camber Type: Freestyle 3BT
The most versatile type of 3BT, Freestyle 3BT features a medium centrebase with larger uplift in the edges, giving you more natural feeling turns and enhanced float in powder. All 3BT boards have a positive camber profile but vary in the amount of uplift across the width of the board.
Sidekick - Sidekick dramatically increases the amount of uplift just outside the widest points of the nose and tail. This makes turn initiation smoother, enhances float, and improves handling in rough terrain.
Flex: 6/10 (1 = soft, 10 = stiff)
A mid flex that is stable at speed and powerful through turns but still playful enough to hit the park.
Shape: Directional Twin
Lobster call this board Twin-ish, which means that it will perform better going forwards but can still ride switch with no problems.
Core: Light Core
The Light Core features a blend of Poplar and Paulownia woods, which offers the best strength to weight ratio in the Lobster range.
D.S.T - The Dual Super Tube upgrade puts two hollow carbon rods in the bottom of the core, enhancing pop and putting more snap into the camber.
Carbon Stringers - This board has two carbon stringers running down the middle of the board from outside the inserts, putting extra lightweight power underfoot and through the centre of the board for better response and stability.
Base: Ultra Glide S
The Ultra Glide S base has maximum molecular content for a Sintered base, making it super tough and super fast.
Triax Laminate - A 3-way fibreglass weave that strengthens the flex pattern and keeps the board light, strong, and responsive.
Boards Lengths: 156cm, 159cm, 158cm Wide
Stance Set Back: 0mm
(158cm Wide) 263mm
Recommended Rider Weight:
(158cm Wide) 70-88kg+
- Not sure which size to get? Check out our snowboard size chart here.
- Not sure if you need a wide board or not? Find out here.
- Want to find out about snowboard cambers and shapes? Click here.
- Want to find out about different types of snowboard edges (magne-traction)? Click here.
- Want to find out about the difference in snowboard bases? Click here.
- Want to find out about snowboard construction? Click here.
We are confident in our products and our sales staff to make sure that you get the best help and gear that are most suitable for your adventures.
We are a local, independently owned store and do not offer ‘change of mind’ refunds (this includes incorrect sizing) however we're happy to offer you a store credit subject to the following conditions:
- Returned within 30 days from the date of purchase (or date of delivery for online orders).
- Proof of purchase included
- The item/s must be sent back in the condition you received it and with the original box and/or packaging in resalable condition, including manufacturer tags where applicable. It is the customers responsibility to ensure all returned items are delivered to Melbourne Snowboard Centre in their original condition.
- We cannot offer returns on any Facemasks, Neckwarmers, Thermals, Socks or Chains due to hygiene and the nature of their use.
Store credits, lasting up to 3 years, will be issued for the amount paid at time of purchase for the particular item being returned. They are issued via email in which you'll receive a 13 digit code that you can use at checkout online or in store.
Making a return is easy. Please follow the steps below to make the process quick and easy for everyone.
- Fill out & print the following form RETURN FORM. If you are unable to print the return form, a handwritten note with all requested information will suffice.
- Take the time to carefully package your returns. It is the responsibility of the customer to pay costs related to the repair of returned items damaged in shipping due to improper packaging.
- If returning a product in its box, please wrap the box to protect it prior to taping and avoid attaching shipping labels directly to the box. Failure to do so may incur a fee or a reduced value in your store credit.
- Send parcel to the address labelled on the return form (Attach return form, once filled out, to the outside of parcel)
- Once we receive the item via post we will process the store credit to your email. With the store credit, you can repurchase the correct size/item or alternative product of your choosing.
- Customers are responsible for all return postage costs.
- We'll endeavour to have your store credit processed and emailed to you, within 24 hours of receiving your product back in store
- If you have received an incorrect or faulty product please contact us so we can rectify the issue asap.
An example of how your boxed return should be packed:
An example of how your boxed return should NOT be packed:
If you have received a faulty product or you feel the product you have been using is eligible for a warranty evaluation by the manufacturer due to defect in its materials or workmanship, contact us and we can walk you through the appropriate steps to lodge a warranty claim. Please include photos of the item and issue so we can expedite the process. Find out more on our warranty page.