The Lib-Tech Skunk Ape is every big guys favourite snowboard. If you have bigger feet or are above average height and weight this board is calling your name. More 'big guys' fall in love with the Skunk Ape than any other big board. This board now only comes in the Horsepower Version is has its price reduced by $100! It uses sheets of basalt weave for a lighter and smoother ride. Comparing the horse power version to the regular you will get almost the same board except with a much smoother and easier ride. Not to mention the overall weight reduction.
This is a wide board for big foot riders. Not sure if you should be on a wide board?
Camber Type: C2 BTX (Moustache Camber)
This camber type gives great control in all areas of your snowboard. Rocker between the feet give great edge hold and nose lift in the powder. Traditional camber under the inserts out to the contact points allow for better tip and tail control.
Flex: 7/10 Stiff (1=soft, 10=stiff)
This is an aggressive mountain slayer for the bigger guys who need a board that can tackle any terrain or turn shape he throws at it.
Shape: Directional Twin
All the benefits of a twin snowboard but with a slightly longer nose for epic crud destroying and powder floating.
Core: Colombian gold / Power A
Light Strong and earth friendly wood core combined with Triax and Biax basalt glass (natures volcanic fiberglass) for lightweight strength.
Slice through hard pack and ice like a Samurai with 7 points of edge control. Double sintered, ultra high molecule sidewalls for added strength.
The strongest, fastest and most durable base on the market. Keep it happy with regular waxes and love.
Board Lengths: 157cm, 161cm, 165cm
Stance Set back: 12mm
Recommended Rider Weight:
- Not sure which size to get? Check out our snowboard size chart here.
- Not sure if you need a wide board or not? Find out here.
- Want to find out about snowboard cambers and shapes? Click here.
- Want to find out about different types of snowboard edges (magne-traction)? Click here.
- Want to find out about the difference in snowboard bases? Click here.
- Want to find out about snowboard construction? Click here.
We are confident in our products and our sales staff to make sure that you get the best help and gear that are most suitable for your adventures.
We are a local, independently owned store and do not offer ‘change of mind’ refunds (this includes incorrect sizing) however we're happy to offer you a store credit subject to the following conditions:
- Returned within 30 days from the date of purchase (or date of delivery for online orders).
- Proof of purchase included
- The item/s must be sent back in the condition you received it and with the original box and/or packaging in resalable condition, including manufacturer tags where applicable. It is the customers responsibility to ensure all returned items are delivered to Melbourne Snowboard Centre in their original condition.
- We cannot offer returns on any Facemasks, Neckwarmers, Thermals, Socks or Chains due to hygiene and the nature of their use.
Store credits, lasting up to 3 years, will be issued for the amount paid at time of purchase for the particular item being returned. They are issued via email in which you'll receive a 13 digit code that you can use at checkout online or in store.
Making a return is easy. Please follow the steps below to make the process quick and easy for everyone.
- Fill out & print the following form RETURN FORM. If you are unable to print the return form, a handwritten note with all requested information will suffice.
- Take the time to carefully package your returns. It is the responsibility of the customer to pay costs related to the repair of returned items damaged in shipping due to improper packaging.
- If returning a product in its box, please wrap the box to protect it prior to taping and avoid attaching shipping labels directly to the box. Failure to do so may incur a fee or a reduced value in your store credit.
- Send parcel to the address labelled on the return form (Attach return form, once filled out, to the outside of parcel)
- Once we receive the item via post we will process the store credit to your email. With the store credit, you can repurchase the correct size/item or alternative product of your choosing.
- Customers are responsible for all return postage costs.
- We'll endeavour to have your store credit processed and emailed to you, within 24 hours of receiving your product back in store
- If you have received an incorrect or faulty product please contact us so we can rectify the issue asap.
An example of how your boxed return should be packed:
An example of how your boxed return should NOT be packed:
If you have received a faulty product or you feel the product you have been using is eligible for a warranty evaluation by the manufacturer due to defect in its materials or workmanship, contact us and we can walk you through the appropriate steps to lodge a warranty claim. Please include photos of the item and issue so we can expedite the process. Find out more on our warranty page.