The 2018 Lib-Tech Skate Banana is a board that will never grow old. It's amazing as a first board, a park board, an all-mountain board, literally anywhere you want to ride, this board can do it well. Ever since its inception, the Skate Banana has redefined snowboarding, introducing a brand new camber shape that performed everywhere and was fun for everyone from day one riders to pros. It has amazing float in powder and jib abilities thanks to the Banana camber which places rocker between your feet, and still carves hardpack and stays poppy from the mild camber outside your feet. The Skate Banana has been updated in 2018 with a pointed tip and tail and textured topsheet, taking time tested tech and giving it a fresh new look.
Board Type: All terrain everything
Camber Type: OB - Original Banana
Mild rocker between your feet with mild camber to the tip and tail makes this the best camber profile to progress your riding. Learn to ride on day 1or learn new tricks everyday. Holds an edge on hardpack, floats in powder, and jibs everything.
Flex: 4/10 (1=soft, 10=stiff)
This twin shape is the same tip to tail, and can perform just as well in switch as it does regular.
Core: OP - Original Power
Light, Environmentally Nice, Strong. Combines Aspen and Columbian Gold with Triax and Biax Fibreglass for a great long lasting ride.
Base: TNT (Extruded Sintered Mix)
A fast and low maintenance base that is dual layered which can handle not being waxed for a while if you get lazy.
- Magnetraction - 7 strategically placed serrations along the edges of the board grip onto the snow and hold a strong edge in any condition.
Board Lengths: 145cm Narrow, 148cm Narrow, 151cm Narrow
Stance Set Back: 0mm
(145cm Narrow) 239mm
(148cm Narrow) 242mm
(151cm Narrow) 245mm
Recommended Rider Weight:
(145cm Narrow) 50-65kg
(148cm Narrow) 55-70kg
(151cm Narrow) 60-75kg
- Not sure which size to get? Check out our snowboard size chart here.
- Not sure if you need a wide board or not? Find out here.
- Want to find out about snowboard cambers and shapes? Click here.
- Want to find out about different types of snowboard edges (magne-traction)? Click here.
- Want to find out about the difference in snowboard bases? Click here.
- Want to find out about snowboard construction? Click here.
We are confident in our products and our sales staff to make sure that you get the best help and gear that are most suitable for your adventures.
We are a local, independently owned store and do not offer ‘change of mind’ refunds (this includes incorrect sizing) however we're happy to offer you a store credit subject to the following conditions:
- Returned within 30 days from the date of purchase (or date of delivery for online orders).
- Proof of purchase included
- The item/s must be sent back in the condition you received it and with the original box and/or packaging in resalable condition, including manufacturer tags where applicable. It is the customers responsibility to ensure all returned items are delivered to Melbourne Snowboard Centre in their original condition.
- We cannot offer returns on any Facemasks, Neckwarmers, Thermals, Socks or Chains due to hygiene and the nature of their use.
Store credits, lasting up to 3 years, will be issued for the amount paid at time of purchase for the particular item being returned. They are issued via email in which you'll receive a 13 digit code that you can use at checkout online or in store.
Making a return is easy. Please follow the steps below to make the process quick and easy for everyone.
- Fill out & print the following form RETURN FORM. If you are unable to print the return form, a handwritten note with all requested information will suffice.
- Take the time to carefully package your returns. It is the responsibility of the customer to pay costs related to the repair of returned items damaged in shipping due to improper packaging.
- If returning a product in its box, please wrap the box to protect it prior to taping and avoid attaching shipping labels directly to the box. Failure to do so may incur a fee or a reduced value in your store credit.
- Send parcel to the address labelled on the return form (Attach return form, once filled out, to the outside of parcel)
- Once we receive the item via post we will process the store credit to your email. With the store credit, you can repurchase the correct size/item or alternative product of your choosing.
- Customers are responsible for all return postage costs.
- We'll endeavour to have your store credit processed and emailed to you, within 24 hours of receiving your product back in store
- If you have received an incorrect or faulty product please contact us so we can rectify the issue asap.
An example of how your boxed return should be packed:
An example of how your boxed return should NOT be packed:
If you have received a faulty product or you feel the product you have been using is eligible for a warranty evaluation by the manufacturer due to defect in its materials or workmanship, contact us and we can walk you through the appropriate steps to lodge a warranty claim. Please include photos of the item and issue so we can expedite the process. Find out more on our warranty page.