The 2022 Jones Women's Hovercraft is one of the best boards you can have under your feet on a powder day. Supreme float and rally car-like handling have earned the Hovercraft a cult following, with riders swearing by its nimble maneuverability while slaloming through trees and incredible float for slashing through pow. The 3D Base Contour 3.0 beveled profile lets you butter your way around features with ease and keeps your contact points up and out of the snow, keeping you floating above instead of sinking below. If you think you need a longer board for stability, you'll be amazed at what this compact design can do when you cut back a few cms (Jones recommend sizing down 4-8cm).
Camber Type: Directional Rocker
A hybrid flex pattern which places camber underfoot and rocker in the tips then moves it back towards the tail putting the power under your back foot. The longer rocker in the nose keeps it floating and improves maneuverability, while the camber underfoot enhances stability, edge hold, and response.
Flex: 7/10 (1=soft, 10=stiff)
Stiff boards are really stable at high speeds and in rough snow, and increase confidence in steep, deep, and rough terrain.
This board has a directional flex pattern that allows more movement in the nose with a stiffer tail for extra pop and power under your back foot.
Boards with V-Cores are slightly softer in the very centre of the board for improved maneuverability and stiffer from the inserts through the tip and tail for stability and pop.
This board has a setback stance, directional shape, and directional flex pattern, so ride it forwards for optimum performance.
3D Base Contour 3.0
The most advanced 3D base contour pattern from Jones, featuring 7mm of bevel in the nose and 4mm in the tail.
Core: FSC Classic Core
Full wood premium poplar core that offers great pop, even flex, and reliable durability.
A dual-direction, dual-layer, stitched fibreglass laminate that provides a fun, forgiving, and snappy ride.
Base: Sintered 8000
This new super durable base material is made from Ultra-High Molecular Weight Polyethylene and carbon, making it easily repairable, highly wax absorbent, and super fast.
Oversized Recycled Edges - Exactly what it sounds like, enhanced sustainability and added durability.
FSC Engineered Wood Veneer Topsheet - A thin wood veneer topsheet that functions as a protective layer, provides even flex, and absorbs chatter.
Laser Engraved Graphics - With no inks used, not even in the sidewalls, it makes this board the most sustainably conscious Jones has ever made.
Traction Tech 1.0 - Like a serrated knife cutting through the snow, Traction Tech adds multiple contact points along the edge of the board for enhanced grip and edge hold in all conditions.
Recycled Black ABS - ABS Plastic is one of the necessary evils of snowboard production. Jones improves the sustainability of their snowboards by using only recycled plastic.
Wend Natural Wax - Jones boards are ready to shred straight out of the shop and are factory waxed with Wend natural wax.
Bio Resin - All Jones boards are built with bio-based, renewable epoxy instead of petroleum-based epoxy. The raw materials used to make Bio Resin are co-products or waste products of other plant-based industrial processes. Producing Bio Resin requires 33% less greenhouse gas emissions than conventional epoxy.
Factory Tuned - All Jones snowboards are factory de-tuned at the tip and tail, so you can go riding straight away.
|Size||Waist Width (mm)||Sidecut (m)||Taper (mm)||Effective Edge (cm)||Tip / Tail Length (cm)||Ref. Stance (cm)||Stance Setback (mm)||Weight Range (kg)|
|144cm||241||7.3||13||111.6||38.9 / 15.5||53||30||41 - 63|
|146cm||244||7.6||13||113.4||39.1 / 15.5||53||30||45 - 68|
|150cm||247||7.9||13||117.1||39.4 / 15.5||55||30||49 - 73|
- Not sure which size to get? Check out our snowboard size chart here.
- Not sure if you need a wide board or not? Find out here.
- Want to find out about snowboard cambers and shapes? Click here.
- Want to find out about different types of snowboard edges (magne-traction)? Click here.
- Want to find out about the difference in snowboard bases? Click here.
- Want to find out about snowboard construction? Click here.
We are confident in our products and our sales staff to make sure that you get the best help and gear that are most suitable for your adventures.
We are a local, independently owned store and do not offer ‘change of mind’ refunds (this includes incorrect sizing) however we're happy to offer you a store credit subject to the following conditions:
- Returned within 30 days from the date of purchase (or date of delivery for online orders).
- Proof of purchase included
- The item/s must be sent back in the condition you received it and with the original box and/or packaging in resalable condition, including manufacturer tags where applicable. It is the customers responsibility to ensure all returned items are delivered to Melbourne Snowboard Centre in their original condition.
- We cannot offer returns on any Facemasks, Neckwarmers, Thermals, Socks or Chains due to hygiene and the nature of their use.
Store credits, lasting up to 3 years, will be issued for the amount paid at time of purchase for the particular item being returned. They are issued via email in which you'll receive a 13 digit code that you can use at checkout online or in store.
Should you not want a credit or exchange, in extenuating circumstances Melbourne Snowboard Centre may issue a refund minus a 20% restocking fee.
Making a return is easy. Please follow the steps below to make the process quick and easy for everyone.
- Fill out & print the following form RETURN FORM. If you are unable to print the return form, a handwritten note with all requested information will suffice.
- Take the time to carefully package your returns. It is the responsibility of the customer to pay costs related to the repair of returned items damaged in shipping due to improper packaging.
- If returning a product in its box, please wrap the box to protect it prior to taping and avoid attaching shipping labels directly to the box. Failure to do so may incur a fee or a reduced value in your store credit.
- Send parcel to the address labelled on the return form (Attach return form, once filled out, to the outside of parcel)
- Once we receive the item via post we will process the store credit to your email. With the store credit, you can repurchase the correct size/item or alternative product of your choosing.
- Customers are responsible for all return postage costs.
- We'll endeavour to have your store credit processed and emailed to you, within 24 hours of receiving your product back in store
- If you have received an incorrect or faulty product please contact us so we can rectify the issue asap.
An example of how your boxed return should be packed:
An example of how your boxed return should NOT be packed:
If you have received a faulty product or you feel the product you have been using is eligible for a warranty evaluation by the manufacturer due to defect in its materials or workmanship, contact us and we can walk you through the appropriate steps to lodge a warranty claim. Please include photos of the item and issue so we can expedite the process. Find out more on our warranty page.