The 2020 Jones Ultracraft is an all-conditions board based on the shape of the Hovercraft, built with Ultra construction. Think of it as the lovechild of a high-end race board and a pure powder board, and you should have a good idea of what the Ultracraft is capable of. Charge steeper lines, ride deeper powder, and go faster than you ever thought you could go on a snowboard, and the Ultracraft will take it all in its stride and stay strong, stable, and confident through it all. The unique freeride shape combined with 3D Spoon contours in the nose and tail of the board provide amazing float and forward-facing power and stability, and combined with Traction Tech edges and the stiff flex, you've got a board that not only powers through powder, it carves up groomers with catch-free yet powerful edge hold. The Ultracraft is an incredibly lightweight, high-tech, and good looking package, and is one board that will give you the best ride of your life, if you're not afraid to push yourself and take your riding to new heights.
Camber Type: Directional Rocker
A hybrid flex pattern which places camber underfoot and rocker in the tips, then moves it back towards the tail putting the power under your back foot. The longer rocker in the nose keeps it floating and improves manoeuvrability, while the camber underfoot enhances stability, edge hold, and response.
Flex: 8/10 (1=soft, 10=stiff)
Great stiffness for riding pow. Just enough to have maximum control in really light fluffy powder but also soft enough for when you hit any unwanted crud.
This board has a setback stance, directional shape, and directional flex pattern, so ride it forwards for optimum performance.
The most advanced 3D base contour pattern from Jones, featuring 7mm of bevel in the nose and 4mm in the tail.
Speed Channel Tail
A 2mm channel contour in the tail between the edges pushes loose snow out from under the board, reducing drag and increasing speed.
Core: FSC Ultra Core
The FSC Ultra Core is Jones' lightest core yet. Made from Paulownia wood with specially positioned Poplar stringers, this core delivers extra durability and turn power.
Ultra Construction combines innovative construction techniques with superlight wood cores and carbon fibre, and precisely positions materials for maximum performance and eliminates all excess, making an incredibly lightweight, durable snowboard.
Power Sustainable Basalt Stringers
New sustainable stringer made with 100% natural fibers. Basalt stringers improve torsional response and transfer power from under your feet to the tips of the board to help eliminate nose and tail chatter.
Multi-axis, stitched fiberglass laminate that offers a precise and responsive ride in any terrain or snow conditions.
Base: Sintered 9900
An incredibly fast base material that easily absorbs wax for when you need to go even faster. Made from Ultra-High Molecular Weight Polyethylene and Carbon, which makes it fast and easy to repair.
Oversized Recycled Edges - Exactly what it sounds like, enhanced sustainability and added durability.
Sustainable Flax Top - Flax fibers are used in place of a traditional topsheet and offer a damp ride that absorbs chatter at any speed.
Traction Tech 2.0 - Like a serrated knife cutting through the snow, Traction Tech adds multiple contact points along the edge of the board for enhanced grip and edge hold in all conditions.
Wend Natural Wax - Jones boards are ready to shred straight out of the shop and are factory waxed with Wend natural wax.
Super Sap Bio Resin - All Jones boards are built with bio-based, renewable epoxy instead of petroleum based epoxy. The raw materials used to make Super Sap Bio-Resin are co- products or waste products of other plant- based industrial processes. Producing Super Sap requires 33% less greenhouse gas emissions than conventional epoxy.
Recycled ABS - ABS Plastic is one of the necessary evils of snowboard production. Jones improve the sustainability of their snowboards by using only recycled plastic.
|Size||Waist Width (mm)||Sidecut (m)||Taper (mm)||Effective Edge (cm)||Tip / Tail Length (cm)||Ref. Stance (cm)||Stance Setback (mm)||Weight Range (kg)|
|152cm||254||8.9||1.2||119.1||39.4 / 15.5||56||30||50 - 68|
|156cm||260||9.3||1.2||122.5||40.0 / 15.5||58||30||54 - 77|
|160cm||264||9.5||1.2||125.7||40.4 / 15.9||60||30||64 - 86|
- Not sure which size to get? Check out our snowboard size chart here.
- Not sure if you need a wide board or not? Find out here.
- Want to find out about snowboard cambers and shapes? Click here.
- Want to find out about different types of snowboard edges (magne-traction)? Click here.
- Want to find out about the difference in snowboard bases? Click here.
- Want to find out about snowboard construction? Click here.
We are confident in our products and our sales staff to make sure that you get the best help and gear that are most suitable for your adventures.
We are a local, independently owned store and do not offer ‘change of mind’ refunds (this includes incorrect sizing), however we're happy to offer you a store credit subject to the following conditions:
- Returned within 30 days from the date of purchase (or date of delivery for online orders).
- Proof of purchase included
- The item/s must be sent back in the condition you received it and with the original box and/or packaging in resalable condition, including manufacturer tags where applicable. It is the customers responsibility to ensure all returned items are delivered to Melbourne Snowboard Centre in their original condition.
- We cannot offer returns on any Facemasks, Neckwarmers, Thermals, Socks or Chains due to hygiene and the nature of their use.
Store credits, lasting up to 3 years, will be issued for the amount paid at time of purchase for the particular item being returned. They are issued via email in which you'll receive a 13 digit code that you can use at checkout online or in store.
Unfortunately stock levels vary and we are not able to stock all products in all sizes, which may result in your desired exchange product or size not being available. In the event that your desired exchange product is not in stock, a store credit will be issued.
Should you not want a credit or exchange, in extenuating circumstances Melbourne Snowboard Centre may issue a refund minus a 20% restocking fee.
HOW TO RETURN
Making a return is easy. Please follow the steps below to make the process quick and easy for everyone.
- Fill out & print the following form RETURN FORM. If you are unable to print the return form, a handwritten note with all requested information will suffice.
- Take the time to carefully package your returns. It is the responsibility of the customer to pay costs related to the repair of returned items damaged in shipping due to improper packaging.
- If returning a product in its box, please wrap the box to protect it prior to taping and avoid attaching shipping labels directly to the box. Failure to do so may incur a fee or a reduced value in your store credit.
- Send parcel to the address labelled on the return form (Attach return form, once filled out, to the outside of parcel)
- Once we receive the item via post we will process the store credit to your email. With the store credit, you can repurchase the correct size/item or alternative product of your choosing.
- Exchange requests are not held. If your exchange request is not available our team will issue you with a store credit.
- Customers are responsible for all return postage costs.
- We'll endeavour to have your store credit processed and emailed to you, within 24 hours of receiving your product back in store
- If you have received an incorrect or faulty product please contact us so we can rectify the issue asap.
- Store credits can not be returned and are not redeemable for cash
- Parcels lost in transit to Melbourne Snowboard Centre are the responsibility of the customer, please keep note of your parcels tracking number
An example of how your boxed return should be packed:
An example of how your boxed return should NOT be packed:
If you have received a faulty product or you feel the product you have been using is eligible for a warranty evaluation by the manufacturer due to defect in its materials or workmanship, contact us and we can walk you through the appropriate steps to lodge a warranty claim. Please include photos of the item and issue so we can expedite the process. Find out more on our warranty page.