The 2018 Jones Storm Chaser looks like it was made for Japan, but it's so much more. Jeremy Jones, the owner and founder of Jones snowboards, says this is his favourite board in the range, not just for powder, but for resort riding as well. As you can imagine, it performs incredibly in powder, floating, surfing, speeding, and doing everything you want, but put it to work on the groomers and you'll find it carves and glides like you wouldn't expect. Surprisingly stable and fast for its size, while still being super nimble due to its small size, the Storm Chaser is a board you're going to be seeing more and more of, not just overseas, but here in Australia as well. Forget riding it switch, the Storm Chaser is designed to ride forwards and carve, float, and at the very bottom line, be incredibly fun.
Camber Type: Christenson Surf Rocker
Designed by surf shaper Chris Christenson, this profile has a large amount of rocker that starts just inside of the front inserts, and a smaller amount of tail rocker that starts just at the back inserts. When you put your weight over the tail of the board, the nose lifts out of the snow, giving you crazy float that can handle the deepest days.
Flex: 7/10 (1=soft, 10=stiff)
A medium stiff flexing, that is made to keep the board nimble, but still have a solid feeling at high speed.
Ride it forwards and get down the mountain with ease! If you need to ride it switch too it can but plan to spend most of your day going in a single direction.
Core: Bamboo Surf Core
A triple density core, that has bamboo stringers in the pocket of the sidecut, to give it better edge response and turn power.
Edges: Mellow Magne-Traction 1.0
Shaped like a serrated knife, the multiple contact points give the board extra grip when the snow is hardpacked or icy.
Base: Sintered 9900
Fastest base material available that easily absorbs wax for when you need to go even faster. Made from Ultra-High Molecular Weight Polyethylene and Carbon
Oversized Recycled Edges - Exactly what it sounds like, enhanced sustainability and added durability.
Spoon 4.0 - The most advanced 3d base contour pattern, this has 7mm of spoon bevel in the nose, 4mm in the tail as well as a 2mm speed channel that is made to push loose snow out from under the board.
Board Lengths: 147cm
Stance Set back: 22mm
Recommended Rider Weight:
- Not sure which size to get? Check out our snowboard size chart here.
- Not sure if you need a wide board or not? Find out here.
- Want to find out about snowboard cambers and shapes? Click here.
- Want to find out about different types of snowboard edges (magne-traction)? Click here.
- Want to find out about the difference in snowboard bases? Click here.
- Want to find out about snowboard construction? Click here.
We are confident in our products and our sales staff to make sure that you get the best help and gear that are most suitable for your adventures.
We are a local, independently owned store and do not offer ‘change of mind’ refunds (this includes incorrect sizing) however we're happy to offer you a store credit subject to the following conditions:
- Returned within 30 days from the date of purchase (or date of delivery for online orders).
- Proof of purchase included
- The item/s must be sent back in the condition you received it and with the original box and/or packaging in resalable condition, including manufacturer tags where applicable. It is the customers responsibility to ensure all returned items are delivered to Melbourne Snowboard Centre in their original condition.
- We cannot offer returns on any Facemasks, Neckwarmers, Thermals, Socks or Chains due to hygiene and the nature of their use.
Store credits, lasting up to 3 years, will be issued for the amount paid at time of purchase for the particular item being returned. They are issued via email in which you'll receive a 13 digit code that you can use at checkout online or in store.
Should you not want a credit or exchange, in extenuating circumstances Melbourne Snowboard Centre may issue a refund minus a 20% restocking fee.
Making a return is easy. Please follow the steps below to make the process quick and easy for everyone.
- Fill out & print the following form RETURN FORM. If you are unable to print the return form, a handwritten note with all requested information will suffice.
- Take the time to carefully package your returns. It is the responsibility of the customer to pay costs related to the repair of returned items damaged in shipping due to improper packaging.
- If returning a product in its box, please wrap the box to protect it prior to taping and avoid attaching shipping labels directly to the box. Failure to do so may incur a fee or a reduced value in your store credit.
- Send parcel to the address labelled on the return form (Attach return form, once filled out, to the outside of parcel)
- Once we receive the item via post we will process the store credit to your email. With the store credit, you can repurchase the correct size/item or alternative product of your choosing.
- Customers are responsible for all return postage costs.
- We'll endeavour to have your store credit processed and emailed to you, within 24 hours of receiving your product back in store
- If you have received an incorrect or faulty product please contact us so we can rectify the issue asap.
An example of how your boxed return should be packed:
An example of how your boxed return should NOT be packed:
If you have received a faulty product or you feel the product you have been using is eligible for a warranty evaluation by the manufacturer due to defect in its materials or workmanship, contact us and we can walk you through the appropriate steps to lodge a warranty claim. Please include photos of the item and issue so we can expedite the process. Find out more on our warranty page.